Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Following some of the recent PS2 and PS4 PKG Guides, here's a video tutorial from @XeXSolutions on how to install PKG file games on exploited PS4 4.05 Firmware running PS4HEN which also can be hosted on Android and iOS devices. :cool:

:idea: If anyone along for the ride has time it would be great to fill a request for a PKG download manager tutorial also, as apparently there are free ones such as JDownloader (or Mipony for Windows or OS X) but a quick video showing how to use it with PKG links (such as ZippyShare) would be handy for many. (y)

Check out the video below, and to quote from the description: How To Install PKG File Game Dumps 4.05 Firmware PS4
How To Install PKG File Game Dumps 4.05 Firmware PS4
How to Download from ZippyShare Using TotalD by @seanp2500
PS4 Tutorials - How to use JDownloader For PlayStation 4 by @Xiam
PS4 JAILBREAK 4.05 PSN2PKG
How to Install PKG File Games on PS4 4.05 Firmware by XeXSolutions.jpg

Comments

i only have a 32gb usb stick and i want to install uncharted 4 but it's too big, where do i need to ftp the pkg on to the ps4 hdd to install it from there ?

alexandre47 I also was hoping the same thing. But previous post in this thread said it is currently not possible to ftp into ps4 the pkg and install. Only can install from usb. I didn't have a drive that's big enough to format as exFat and put regular games like FFVX in. I remember in ps3 it does work installing from internal, might remember wrong...

I just got a PS4 4.05 the other day and I watch the tutorial already and I know how to install game when they are just one big pkg. My question is about when games that are broken down into many parts that are 500 mb in size and in .rar format. How do we go about installing those game files. Do we install each part individually or there is a software to merge those pkg files?

@HMTTKB
You need a program like WinRar to unpack the file/s - You can also use 7zip, but I never tried it so I can't recommend it (but others do like it).

With WinRar installed you right click the first .rar and then you're able to unpack it. I usually pick the "extract to -name.of.release\-" option and move it around afterwards as I want :)

E) If you need more help try google/youtube for "How to unrar a file" :)

When you extract from the .rar file using the extractor program of your choice to extract the pkg it will merge the files itself, leaving you with one large pkg file

EP4497-CUSA05574_00-00000000000GOTY4-A0150-V0100.pkg
EP4497-CUSA05574_00-00000000000GOTY4-A0150-V0100-DP.pkg

how can i merge this ? I tried but its show error

folder "packages" exists
not a valid piece strconv.Atoi: parsing "00-00000000000GOTY4-A0150-V0100-DP": invalid syntax
not a valid piece strconv.Atoi: parsing "00-00000000000GOTY4-A0150-V0100": invalid syntax
stopped

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back