Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Jailbreaking       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Jan 3, 2018 at 12:38 AM       95      
Status
Not open for further replies.
We've covered the PS4 Full Debug Settings 4.05 Payload release, and today Tralala LS from French scene site Logic-Sunrise.com shared a video demo of Trypeur installing The Last of Us Remastered 1.06 PKG game update (see the PlayStation 4 Package (PKG) Finder and PS4 Package (PKG) Database for more) via Debug Menu on an Exploited PS4 4.05 console using Trypeur.96.lt. :)

This comes following how to Install PS4 PKG Files Using a Function vs Debug Settings and PlayStation 4 developer @flatz's demo of Custom Repacked PKG's, as the PS4 4.05 scene awaits Flat_z's Upcoming Release in hopes it will aid developers in porting code for running PS4 4.05 Game Dumps on jailbroken consoles.

To quote from their blog, roughly translated: "It is very hot right now on the PS4 scene with the famous kernel flaws of SpecterDev and all the payloads 4.05 that fall from the sky and the ability to boot linux. Debug menu now available simply with a payload, we see all the colors.

I recently noticed that it was possible to install game UPDATES with the PKG's installation menu on a previously installed game via a disc.

Be careful not to install an update requesting a firmware higher than 4.05, otherwise your game will start and you must erase your entire game to remove the update."
Update Game PS4 4.05 by Trypeur
How to Install Older PS4 Game Updates on Any PS4 7.02/7.50
Cheers go out to @bombob for sharing the video demo in the PSXHAX Shoutbox tonight! :beer:
Installing PS4 Game Updates on 4.05 via Debug Menu Demo by Trypeur.jpg

Comments

have you downloaded all pkgs???? can you explain me how did you do?
So for Mortal Kombat XL Version: 01.04 I went to orbismodding.com
And I downloaded the biggest PKG. File (Not the Delta one) and I put it into the Root of My Exfat USB loaded up the Debug menu and installed it just Fine.

MKX XL Game Update patch work Fine for Me That's How I got all the Players :)
please can you share the link to download the pkg file, it's not on all the site posted here

sorry please i don't mean the update file, i wanna download the full mk xk but i can't seem to find the dir link can you help me

google made a great job, translation is very accurate..... "we see all the colors" is and idiom that either means (in italian) that we will have a lot of fun now, or that we can do whatever we want...
Simply means that the debug menu enables us to accomplish many things. translation is on point

Do you have to install the game on the hard drive for updates to work? Or can you simply install the PKG update, and still run the game from blu-ray?

Edit: I'll answer my own question: it seems to work too on Blu-ray titles. I downloaded the Until Dawn update (10.9 MB!), merged it with PKG-Merge into one single file, installed it through debug settings, and it seems to work (now I have version 1.03 in the title informations, and the game runs fine from Blu-ray)

So, enlighten me. Im on 4.05, I have need for speed rivals. So, I go to orbismodding, download the ‘package piece’ (suppose thats the update right?), the firmware needed is 1.56 so I’m good. And then go to debug settings, install update (.pkg) and that will work?

please can you share the link to download the pkg file, it's not on all the site posted here

sorry please i don't mean the update file, i wanna download the full mk xk but i can't seem to find the dir link can you help me
Go to orbismodding.com
Then Type in the Title ID CUSA03589 (Or) Copy & Paste it,
Hit Search then it will Pop up Then Start Downloading it
Its only about 2 GB
Good Luck (-8

Any idea how to get the Media Player to work? I tried installing it but it shows a lock icon, I guess it needs the required IDX / RIF Files. Anyone knows if it's possible to get them in the current state of affairs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back