Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Jailbreaking       Thread starter NORATIO       Start date Jan 31, 2018 at 12:36 AM       145      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since @XVortex created a java payload version of PS4HEN that doesn't require you to push it using a PC, thanks to his web/java version, I have searched for a way to get this working without a web server needed.

It comes to my mind that PS4 supports BD-J (for Java) for it's Blu-ray Live (BD-Live) and that it has persistent storage and ability to do virtual storage as well.

The process is simple:
  • create a menu for Blu-ray to call ps4-hen-vtx that will load payload.js and the rop.js
  • burn the Blu-ray disc (create an iso)
  • play back in PS4 and click on the menu to load the payload
I will be playing with this more this weekend, but meanwhile, if @XVortex or someone else wants to give a try, go ahead. That will be a perfect so the PS4 is independent of a web server.

More info here ; http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/articles/javame/bluray-142687.html
Loading PS4 Payload from a Blu-ray (Server-less Option) BD-J.jpg

Comments

the cost of bluray isn't bad depending where you live. can access the 50gb discs but found not realy needed unless your burning like debian discs that are of that size if you grab the whole thing.

hope that there would be a USB version one day or auto boot when booting up. Bluray writer in my country is cheap but disc are not cheap. and considering the file size to blue ray disc 25gb, feels like a waste of money.

But, wondering will this work on DVD disc instead?

Blu-ray Discs are expensive in my country too, which is why I buy them from another country. ;-)

No it doesn't work with a DVD on PS3 nor PS4. You must use a Blu-ray Disc.

And there won't be a USB version either, since Sony removed the option of running BD-J from USB long ago.

I do think though, that the BD-J Xlet could be made to auto-launch the browser. That way all you'd have to do is start the disc. But that's just theoretical for now.

Gotta share this:

Turns out, BD-J is also used by a Japanese adult animation company to produce adult animation games for Blu-ray Players and game consoles with Blu-ray drives. They call it "BD-GAME". :)

http://bd-game.product.co.jp/index2.html
http://bd-game.product.co.jp/about.html

I guess BD-J in general is used more than any of us knows. Not easy to know when no official label (other than "BD-J" of course) has been agreed upon.

No one has created an ISO yet.
As previously mentioned, I won't personally be working on this project, because I have too many other things going on. But feel free to ask me any BD-J related questions you might have.

As far as I understand, @GritNGrind might be working on it. Possibly @Al Azif and @DoctorSaturn too. And maybe @nhcoohrh too.

What say you guys? Have any of you started looking into it?

I'm getting the below error when signing. Ive done some searching and some say try java 7 instead of the 8/9 ive tried, so I may give that a shot.

Very nice!
I can't run the jar file though, because you're apparently using Java 9 and I only have Java 8 installed.
Code:
Error: A JNI error has occurred, please check your installation and try again
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: controller has been compiled by a more recent version of the Java Runtime (class file version 53.0), this version of the Java Runtime only recognizes class file versions up to 52.0
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:763)
   at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:142)
   at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:467)
   at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:73)
   at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:368)
   at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:362)
   at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
   at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:361)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:424)
   at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:338)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:357)
   at sun.launcher.LauncherHelper.checkAndLoadMain(LauncherHelper.java:495)
What are you using JNI for though?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back