Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Jailbreaking       Thread starter NORATIO       Start date Jan 31, 2018 at 12:36 AM       145      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since @XVortex created a java payload version of PS4HEN that doesn't require you to push it using a PC, thanks to his web/java version, I have searched for a way to get this working without a web server needed.

It comes to my mind that PS4 supports BD-J (for Java) for it's Blu-ray Live (BD-Live) and that it has persistent storage and ability to do virtual storage as well.

The process is simple:
  • create a menu for Blu-ray to call ps4-hen-vtx that will load payload.js and the rop.js
  • burn the Blu-ray disc (create an iso)
  • play back in PS4 and click on the menu to load the payload
I will be playing with this more this weekend, but meanwhile, if @XVortex or someone else wants to give a try, go ahead. That will be a perfect so the PS4 is independent of a web server.

More info here ; http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/articles/javame/bluray-142687.html
Loading PS4 Payload from a Blu-ray (Server-less Option) BD-J.jpg

Comments

I was working with the windows version of JaveME 3.0, and the last issue I'm having is actually getting the signing process to work. I have the BDJ.jar, but not sure if it is suppose to go in the root folder of the project your working on, or inside. Below is out of the sign.bat file if that helps.
Code:
java.exe -cp security.jar;bcprov-jdk15-137.jar;jdktools.jar net.java.bd.tools.security.BDSigner -keystore C:\bdj-ps3\common\sig\sig.ks C:\bdj-ps3\common\sig

I was actualy referring to Linux. but on my end using arm wine and ExaGear if you've ever heard of it. basically allows translation in its early days it didn't run that great but is more well developed now.
but yes your right software for these bd on Linux still isn't there it's more for advanced people who enjoy development portability and light weight

I was working with the windows version of JaveME 3.0, and the last issue I'm having is actually getting the signing process to work. I have the BDJ.jar, but not sure if it is suppose to go in the root folder of the project your working on, or inside. Below is out of the sign.bat file if that helps.
I think you can put it anywhere you like, as long as the paths in the bat file matches the location.
I've just put the files in the root of the NetBeans project folder.

No, I was talking about the Java one, ps3, ps4, etc. just need to be able to read BDL....it doesn't matter if it says ps3 or not. I could change the folder to say PS5 if all my paths work is all that matters.

Good to hear from you btw, hope all is well @Chaos Kid

tbh I was looking at your path and recognized ps3 path it's embedded I know dumb eh lol. what I was referring to is you can use those tools but won't have full access the way bdj should. bdlive is totally different I just pause and change path on command so on release your main download is what's changed.

Yea good to hear from you still kicking some days better then others @GritNGrind

as for your path you will want to avoid changing the original tools path unless it's compiled from src unless your changing installer path on windows the exception. even then use caution it can break things.

I have the BDJ.jar, but not sure if it is suppose to go in the root folder of the project your working on, or inside. Below is out of the sign.bat file if that helps.
The BDJ.jar file has nothing to do with the signing part. BDJ.jar needs to be added as a library in your IDE in order to be able to compile your source.

The signing part actually isn't even necessary in order to get your BD-J Xlet running. Signing is only necessary if/when you wanna access "restricted" stuff, like e.g. read files on the disc, or connect to the Internet.

If you're coding a game for example, where you're just reading files from within your own JAR, and playing videos on the disc, then all Blu-ray players will run your jar even if it isn't signed.

as for your path you will want to avoid changing the original tools path unless it's compiled from src unless your changing installer path on windows the exception. even then use caution it can break things.
This isn't that complex at all. You can change the paths all you want. The signing process is just a simple command. You can put the files anywhere you want. The paths aren't hardcorded in any of the source.

You will never need more than a 25 gb disc for stuff like this anyway.

My biggest BD-J project is 8-bit Memoirs which contains an eBook with the equivalent of 250 pages of text, 9 hours of video + 5 hours of music, 15 illustrations and 100 screenshots. All of that fits on a 25 gb disc.

A 25 gb disc costs just about half a Euro. Roughly the same for U.S. currency.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back