Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Jailbreaking       Thread starter NORATIO       Start date Jan 31, 2018 at 12:36 AM       145      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since @XVortex created a java payload version of PS4HEN that doesn't require you to push it using a PC, thanks to his web/java version, I have searched for a way to get this working without a web server needed.

It comes to my mind that PS4 supports BD-J (for Java) for it's Blu-ray Live (BD-Live) and that it has persistent storage and ability to do virtual storage as well.

The process is simple:
  • create a menu for Blu-ray to call ps4-hen-vtx that will load payload.js and the rop.js
  • burn the Blu-ray disc (create an iso)
  • play back in PS4 and click on the menu to load the payload
I will be playing with this more this weekend, but meanwhile, if @XVortex or someone else wants to give a try, go ahead. That will be a perfect so the PS4 is independent of a web server.

More info here ; http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/articles/javame/bluray-142687.html
Loading PS4 Payload from a Blu-ray (Server-less Option) BD-J.jpg

Comments

As for signing, the Minimal BD-J DevKit contains both a certificate and tool to sign. Should work.

But as Al Azif indicates, it won't run in its current state. BD-J is JavaME - it's not Java. So it won't run as a public static void main(). It'll need to be implemented as an Xlet.
See examples in the Minimal BD-J DevKit.

I have the Hello World example from the "Minimal BD-J (Java) Devkit for PS3" building without any errors. However after moving it to the right location in disc files it starts loading then stops and goes back to the home screen in PowerDVD. I've tried both just opening the folders and building a full ISO. Ukkos Journey opens just fine, however when I move the Ukkos Journey .jar to the disc files included in the devkit it also doesn't work... making me think it may not be the jar that is the issue.

D8b3Qty.png

Hm... if you're using the Minimal BD-J DevKit to both compile and sign using the tools and signature that comes with the DevKit - and you're using org.homebrew.MyXlet for package and class name, and an ISO template from some other homebrew created with the same DevKit, then I'm not sure what's wrong.

I can tell you why Ukko's Journey doesn't run on your disc image though:

There's a few things that has to match up on a Blu-ray Disc.

In folder BDMV/BDJO/ there's a file called 00000.bdjo (or whatever number the jar has. The two has to match).
The bdjo file contains information about which jar to run. HD Cook Book contains tools to convert the bdjo to an XML file so you can make changes, and back from XML to bdjo again.

Likewise, in the CERTIFICATE folder there should be the public key of the signature used to sign the jar.

However, it shouldn't be necessary to change any of these files if you use a template that matches the DevKit because that's already set up to run org.homebrew.MyXlet.

Ukko's Journey is set up to run another class, and also use another (my own) certificate, so you can't use my ISO as a template - unless you want to make those changes mentioned above.

If you link me to the ISO I could take a closer look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back