Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Jailbreaking       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Dec 11, 2016 at 4:09 AM       65      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not long after the Chaitin Tech PS4 Exploit which was patched in 4.06 OFW we reported on a PS4Pro 0Day Exploit... and this weekend PlayStation Developer @Mathieulh tweeted a friendly PSA reminder to the PS4 scene to get a PlayStation 4 Pro on 3.70 OFW while you still can and DON'T update beyond 4.05 OFW if you want to be able to run unsigned code including PS4 CFW (TaiHEN perhaps?), PS4 version spoofers and homebrew when available! :stop: :love: :stop:

Sony's most recent 4.07 OFW update added even more security patches, so once again steer clear of updating your PlayStation 4 as we all await Fail0verflow's CCC 2016 presentation later this month. <3

Here are some related Tweets from Mathieulh:

Finally, those of you who have been around the scene several years may recognize the name @racer0018 as a dedicated scener and console modder extraordinaire... today he shared a bit of information on PS4 Custom Firmware (CFW) in a post HERE.

That's the most exciting post I've read lately regarding the public PS4 Jailbreak status, and coming from a credible longtime scener I trust what he's stated implicitly... so be patient, good things WILL come to those who wait and remember patience is a virtue! :sneaky:

:alert: To recap: Anything below PS4 Firmware 4.06 is safe to remain on for this undisclosed PS4 Jailbreak exploit we're all waiting to surface, and thanks to @B7U3 C50SS, @Cicko24, @Fimo, @HydrogenNGU, @kazookid0, @SockEE and @VultraAID in the PSXHAX Shoutbox for the leads. :notworthy:

Mathieulh PS4 Scene PSA Get PS4 Pro on 3.70 OFW, PS4 CFW Rumors.jpg

Comments

I get where you're coming from but I'm very conscious of my money, like way too much -,-

It is why I always buy consoles when I know there is some playability to it, as in always make sure there is some games playable or some CFW I can use.

Right now I have no such things, since the only CFW stopped at 1.76. Right now we're at 4.07 and these things work at 3.70. So even if I buy it and store it, I wouldn't be able to play fully as intended UNTIL something gets released and that is IF something gets released.

Like I'm on a risk-risk situation rather than a win-win situation and that gets to me deeply. Makes me feel insecure, specially when news about this are very very scarce around the web.

I'm an investor who likes to play it safe, right now even if I purchased one, it wouldn't be a truly safe one, since I have no data on nothing and I can do no pronostics or nothing. It really puts me in an uncomfortable situation =/

True. That's why We bought our first ps4 last years and it is 2.57. I am not buying other PS4 to play OFW games at all. I can wait and just playing PS3 games or keep yourself busy hanging out with friends or something. Save your money is what we are doing. And patience!

True. That's why We bought our first ps4 last years and it is 2.57. I am not buying other PS4 to play OFW games at all. I can wait and just playing PS3 games or keep yourself busy hanging out with friends or something. Save your money is what we are doing. And patience!
Yeah......unfortunately I kind of drained myself of PS3 games to play, and there are fundamentally not coming anymore =/

I purchased the ps4 slim uncharted 4 bundle it shipped with firmware 3.51.....I'm trying to upgrade the hard drive however to my understanding i will need that pup any pointers on that firmware im unable to find it thanks for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back