Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Following the Mednafen PS4 2-Players Config Mod and his recent N64 PS2 on PS4 Port Demo, developer @Markus95 (aka @Kus00095) shared via Twitter a PS4 Mednafen v0.3 configuration update featuring the following changes: 🐞
  • Added Virtual Boy (button A = L1 and button B = R1) 👦
  • Added WonderSwan and WonderSwan Color 🦢
  • Added 3/4 players for all cores :bananaman1:
  • Added rapid-fire for all cores :bananaman18:
Download: mednafen0.3.rar (46.72 KB)

:idea: These PlayStation 4 Config Mods are for use with the Mednafen PS4 Port PKG by @zezu420 (aka Znullptr on Twitter or dmiller423 on Github), who also has a Patreon Page and Github Sponsors Page for supporters to follow.

Below is a Mednafen v0.3 PS4 demonstration video and further details from his update on Logic-Sunrise.com, roughly translated:

Here is a new update of the Mednafen .cfg file, adding some new features.

Indeed, in a previous news, I spoke about the incompatibility of 3 platforms that are the Virtual Boy, the WonderSwan and WonderSwan Color, due to their rather particular controller and therefore hard to configure on our PS4 controllers, but this concern is now settled.

This update now supports PS4 controllers for these 3 platforms, so you can play Virtual Boy and WonderSwan / WonderSwan color games.

But that 's not all, I also add the support of 4 controllers for each consoles, you multiplayer games as Bomberman 4 players.

You will also find as new the rapid-fire for each console also, which will be very convenient for shoot 'em up for example.

I am working to add the DualShock to the emulator PSX to enjoy the 2 sticks and always but without much success to the emulation Saturn ...

To install this new update, unzip the archive and copy the mednafen.cfg file to your USB key in the mednafen / ... folder.

Mednafen 0.3 PS4
Mednafen PlayStation 4 Emulator v0.3 Config Mod Update via Markus95.jpg

Comments

I like that this guy is working his butt off for making jb ps4 more useful than it is now, but main issue with mednafen on ps4 (excluding pro version) is noticeable slowdown on games (in my case snes titles) haven't tried other emulators.

I can’t figure out where the “select” button is when emulating PS1. In some games, it is simply necessary. For example, in the game MediEvil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back