Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, guys, let me introduce the PKG Kitchen - the toolset for the easy creation of PS4 packages.

First sorry for my ugly English. I hope you understand me ;)

Toolset does not use flat_z method to assume gp4 package structure and (probably) has a issues, but it allows you to create more or less working packages and use it as a base for experiments.

Related Files:
Brief Instructions:

0) Extract Fake PKG Generator into the tools folder;
1) Clean the kitchen environment (run _clean.bat);
2) Turn on the console;
3) Insert disc, make sure it is fully installed/copied (skip for PSN title);
4) Run the ps4-ftp-vtx payload, connect into the ps4 by FTP client;
5) Minimize (PS Button), but do not close the WWW Browser;
6) Run your game, make sure to get main menu, minimize game (PS Button);
7) Copy files:
Code:
   a) /mnt/sandbox/pfsmnt/CUSAxxxxx-app0-nest/pfs_image.dat --> dump\pfs
      (please note your Title ID - CUSAxxxxx)
   b) /user/app/CUSAxxxxx/app.pkg --> dump\pkg
   c) /mnt/sandbox/pfsmnt/CUSAxxxxx-app0/eboot.bin    --> dump\app
      /mnt/sandbox/pfsmnt/CUSAxxxxx-app0/sce_module/* --> dump\app\sce_module\*
      /mnt/sandbox/pfsmnt/CUSAxxxxx-app0/???          --> dump\app\???
      (??? is other prx modules, if any, depends on title)
   d) /system_data/priv/appmeta/CUSAxxxxx/*           --> dump\appmeta
8) Restart your console, remove disc, uninstall the game (for further testing);
9) Run the _extract_pkg.bat script. You should get the 'Image extract succeeded' message;
10) Run the tools\ArchiveExplorer.exe, open pfs_image.dat in dump\pfs dir,
select all files, and extract selected files into the app folder.
Wait until the end of the process (this can take a long time)!
11) Copy (overwrite) dump\app\* files into the app folder
(take care of the 7-c-??? files paths too)
12) Copy (overwrite) dump\appmeta\* files into the app\sce_sys folder;
13) Run the _gen_gp4.bat script. You should get the 'Done.' message and
CUSAxxxxx.gp4 project file;
14) Open CUSAxxxxx.gp4 in Fake PKG Generator and build your .pkg project;
15) Run PS4HEN payload, install and test your .pkg;
16) Profit.

Paths (for reference):
Code:
/user/app/CUSAxxxxx/app.pkg                  --FTP--> dump\pkg

/mnt/sandbox/pfsmnt/CUSAxxxxx-app0-nest/pfs_image.dat --FTP--> dump\pfs            --A_E--> app

/mnt/sandbox/pfsmnt/CUSAxxxxx-app0/eboot.bin         --FTP--> dump\app            --CPY--> app
/mnt/sandbox/pfsmnt/CUSAxxxxx-app0/sce_module/*       --FTP--> dump\app\sce_module --CPY--> app\sce_module
/mnt/sandbox/pfsmnt/CUSAxxxxx-app0/???                --FTP--> dump\app\???        --CPY--> app\???

/system_data/priv/appmeta/CUSAxxxxx/*             --FTP--> dump\appmeta\*      --CPY--> app\sce_sys\*
PKG Kitchen - PS4 Guides, Tools and Scripts for Fake PKG Creation.jpg

Comments

Hi.
I can make all steps, I can access the console's filesystem via FTP with FlashFXP (Filezilla doesn't want to connect to the console). When I try to dump the files pfs_image , etc, etc the FTP client just doesn't transfer it. It keeps the file it on the queue, it gives no error, but it won't transfer.
This is what I got on the FlashFXP log:
[19:35:31] [R] LIST -al
[19:35:31] [R] 150 Opening ASCII mode data transfer for LIST.
[19:35:31] [R] 226 Transfer complete.
[19:35:31] [R] List Complete: 138 bytes in 0,05 seconds (0,1 KB/s)
[19:35:33] [R] TYPE I
[19:35:33] [R] 200 Okay
[19:35:33] [R] SIZE pfs_image.dat
[19:35:33] [R] 213: 63487934464

Anyone can help? I tried with a couple of games I own on disc, like Fallout and Uncharted Collection, and both have the same problem. I can access FTP, but I can't transfer files.

tried with The last guardian (Blue ray). Used pkg_Kitchen_V1_3. Package created with warning but without errors. Installed the package on PS4. Stuck at intro screen. No errors but stuck.
@XVortex :
/mnt/sandbox/pfsmnt/CUSAxxxxx-app0/???
does *.pls files also counts in ??? or just any other prx files ? While there were several pls files as well which i didnt copy.

As mentioned by flat_z Last Guardian is depends on the proper chunk data. So without the 100% reconstruction of the inner-pfs structure it s almost impossible to run this game correctly.

@dmrojasc , I got Last of Us working without an issue. Are you dumping using Kitchen V 1.3 and yesterday's version of Vortex FTP bin file ? If you don't, that might be your problem. The game is pretty big, but on my end I got it backuped just fine and reinstalled just as smooth as a knife in butter. Xvorted did a really good job bringing all of this together and I aldeady did some mod with FTP variables to grab the files automatically without the need of opening Filezilla or any other FTP Clients.

Seriously, I haven't seem a glitch in my dumps since XVortex released hit V1.2 and FTP Bin yesteday (Jan 20th).using V1.3 now. I have no problem at all. All my PKGs are playable. Since the Dreamcast scene I have been looking at "how to" or been doing some and I can tell that @XVortex has been probably the one doing the best job so far. I can do a dump in under 45 minutes (thanks to SSD drives).

To me it's not about backups, it's about having a backup of my games that with time can get a scratch or something like this. I don't mind what people do here, I care about my belonging and can't say how thankful I am at @XVortex for the HOW TO and to bring the process as easier it could be

(just the FTP side, I suggest you use FTP command lines to grab , you just have to define variable in your batch file that will ask for IP address of the PS4 and another one that ask for the CUSAxxxx.. from there, it grabs and put the proper files in the right spot.. making the process way easier still).

Thanks!!!

Hi, i've try to create 3 dumps with kitchen, ffx, until dawn and last guardian... process complete without any problems but game stuck at boot game intro screen
WHY!?!?

(just the FTP side, I suggest you use FTP command lines to grab , you just have to define variable in your batch file that will ask for IP address of the PS4 and another one that ask for the CUSAxxxx.. from there, it grabs and put the proper files in the right spot.. making the process way easier still).
Please share your bat/cmd and I’ll include it to my next version of the kitchen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back