Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, guys, let me introduce the PKG Kitchen - the toolset for the easy creation of PS4 packages.

First sorry for my ugly English. I hope you understand me ;)

Toolset does not use flat_z method to assume gp4 package structure and (probably) has a issues, but it allows you to create more or less working packages and use it as a base for experiments.

Related Files:
Brief Instructions:

0) Extract Fake PKG Generator into the tools folder;
1) Clean the kitchen environment (run _clean.bat);
2) Turn on the console;
3) Insert disc, make sure it is fully installed/copied (skip for PSN title);
4) Run the ps4-ftp-vtx payload, connect into the ps4 by FTP client;
5) Minimize (PS Button), but do not close the WWW Browser;
6) Run your game, make sure to get main menu, minimize game (PS Button);
7) Copy files:
Code:
   a) /mnt/sandbox/pfsmnt/CUSAxxxxx-app0-nest/pfs_image.dat --> dump\pfs
      (please note your Title ID - CUSAxxxxx)
   b) /user/app/CUSAxxxxx/app.pkg --> dump\pkg
   c) /mnt/sandbox/pfsmnt/CUSAxxxxx-app0/eboot.bin    --> dump\app
      /mnt/sandbox/pfsmnt/CUSAxxxxx-app0/sce_module/* --> dump\app\sce_module\*
      /mnt/sandbox/pfsmnt/CUSAxxxxx-app0/???          --> dump\app\???
      (??? is other prx modules, if any, depends on title)
   d) /system_data/priv/appmeta/CUSAxxxxx/*           --> dump\appmeta
8) Restart your console, remove disc, uninstall the game (for further testing);
9) Run the _extract_pkg.bat script. You should get the 'Image extract succeeded' message;
10) Run the tools\ArchiveExplorer.exe, open pfs_image.dat in dump\pfs dir,
select all files, and extract selected files into the app folder.
Wait until the end of the process (this can take a long time)!
11) Copy (overwrite) dump\app\* files into the app folder
(take care of the 7-c-??? files paths too)
12) Copy (overwrite) dump\appmeta\* files into the app\sce_sys folder;
13) Run the _gen_gp4.bat script. You should get the 'Done.' message and
CUSAxxxxx.gp4 project file;
14) Open CUSAxxxxx.gp4 in Fake PKG Generator and build your .pkg project;
15) Run PS4HEN payload, install and test your .pkg;
16) Profit.

Paths (for reference):
Code:
/user/app/CUSAxxxxx/app.pkg                  --FTP--> dump\pkg

/mnt/sandbox/pfsmnt/CUSAxxxxx-app0-nest/pfs_image.dat --FTP--> dump\pfs            --A_E--> app

/mnt/sandbox/pfsmnt/CUSAxxxxx-app0/eboot.bin         --FTP--> dump\app            --CPY--> app
/mnt/sandbox/pfsmnt/CUSAxxxxx-app0/sce_module/*       --FTP--> dump\app\sce_module --CPY--> app\sce_module
/mnt/sandbox/pfsmnt/CUSAxxxxx-app0/???                --FTP--> dump\app\???        --CPY--> app\???

/system_data/priv/appmeta/CUSAxxxxx/*             --FTP--> dump\appmeta\*      --CPY--> app\sce_sys\*
PKG Kitchen - PS4 Guides, Tools and Scripts for Fake PKG Creation.jpg

Comments

Sorry to ask again... Is it still worth staying on 1.76 now ? Can this be used to make pkg and install them on 1.76 or this solution was made for 4.05 only ?

Thanks

PS4HEN is for 4.05 currently, so perhaps eventually it will be backported like the Dlclose and Playgrounds etc but the decision on whether to remain on 1.76 or update is up to you.

Value-wise 1.76 consoles are currently worth more, so if it was me I'd hold off as long as I could on updating, get a second PS4 on 4.05 if I could afford it, or sell the 1.76 to get a 4.05 and then use the extra for a nice dinner or night out. :D

Can someone answer me plz? i created the pkg, I used the payload PS4HEN, how put the pkg in the ps4? do i need a usb stick? or i can use a external usb hard drive? what is the path that listen the install pkg in debug settings?

plz someone answer me, because my pkg has 40 gb, so do I need a 64 gb usb stick?

Just re-download PKG Kitchen.
Hmmm... I'm definitely need some version info in file name or so...

Here is link to the folder:
PKG Kitchen
Hmm I redumped a game with v1.2 which worked with v1.0 but the np files were missing so it just worked on my own console.. now I redumped the game and repacked it with v1.2 and it hangs after boot.. what's causes this?

Hi @XVortex, just to let you know that after all versions you have made and changes to the FTP payload tonight, I can confirm that my dumps are working on my end. No more error (log out user).

So I used your version Version: 1.2 and all steps you wrote and it worked. For others, if you follow, it should be fine.

So a big thank you XVortex for your help. Now my collection can go digital backups and my dogs can eat the original if it ever happens.
https://www.psxhax.com/members/xvortex.253231/
Nice work man!!

@Al Azif your xvortex payload dont work. check the both videos, in the other it works but putting the same PS4 IP in both, so is not a problem with my conexions, i dont know what happen.

@XVortex yours only work if I put the same ip in both ps4 and pc in hex edit.
@juliotec it works, you just have to wait for around a minute after sending the payload for the FTP server to startup on the PS4 before you can successfully connect.

I had the same issue, I thought it wasn't working because I wasn't waiting long enough. Then I waited for about a minute after sending the payload and then it worked.

[Error] Could not open or write compressed file. (C:\Users\ioritree\AppData\Local\Temp\ps4pub\build00003e4c5a64345a\00000022.tpfs)
[Error] Could not create compressed file. (C:\Users\ioritree\AppData\Local\Temp\ps4pub\build00003e4c5a64345a\00000022.tpfs)
[Debug] Original file path = common/character_entry_packages_all.earc.
[Debug] Original file size = 11228719104.
[Debug] Disk Free Space (C:) = 0.
[Error] 2018-01-21 14:37:29 Create image Process finished with error(s).
------------------
ver 1.2, follow steps then get these error. it's my C hdd space not enough?

sorry , how to change Temp\ps4pub to other hdd ? because my C HDD only have 5G space.

Dear @XVortex

user\trophy\conf\NPWR0xxxx_00

The step-by-step did not mention anything about the trophy folder (in step 7), but i assume it is needed to make proper pkg-s. Will you check this? And if needed, will you add this to step 7?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back