Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, guys, let me introduce the PKG Kitchen - the toolset for the easy creation of PS4 packages.

First sorry for my ugly English. I hope you understand me ;)

Toolset does not use flat_z method to assume gp4 package structure and (probably) has a issues, but it allows you to create more or less working packages and use it as a base for experiments.

Related Files:
Brief Instructions:

0) Extract Fake PKG Generator into the tools folder;
1) Clean the kitchen environment (run _clean.bat);
2) Turn on the console;
3) Insert disc, make sure it is fully installed/copied (skip for PSN title);
4) Run the ps4-ftp-vtx payload, connect into the ps4 by FTP client;
5) Minimize (PS Button), but do not close the WWW Browser;
6) Run your game, make sure to get main menu, minimize game (PS Button);
7) Copy files:
Code:
   a) /mnt/sandbox/pfsmnt/CUSAxxxxx-app0-nest/pfs_image.dat --> dump\pfs
      (please note your Title ID - CUSAxxxxx)
   b) /user/app/CUSAxxxxx/app.pkg --> dump\pkg
   c) /mnt/sandbox/pfsmnt/CUSAxxxxx-app0/eboot.bin    --> dump\app
      /mnt/sandbox/pfsmnt/CUSAxxxxx-app0/sce_module/* --> dump\app\sce_module\*
      /mnt/sandbox/pfsmnt/CUSAxxxxx-app0/???          --> dump\app\???
      (??? is other prx modules, if any, depends on title)
   d) /system_data/priv/appmeta/CUSAxxxxx/*           --> dump\appmeta
8) Restart your console, remove disc, uninstall the game (for further testing);
9) Run the _extract_pkg.bat script. You should get the 'Image extract succeeded' message;
10) Run the tools\ArchiveExplorer.exe, open pfs_image.dat in dump\pfs dir,
select all files, and extract selected files into the app folder.
Wait until the end of the process (this can take a long time)!
11) Copy (overwrite) dump\app\* files into the app folder
(take care of the 7-c-??? files paths too)
12) Copy (overwrite) dump\appmeta\* files into the app\sce_sys folder;
13) Run the _gen_gp4.bat script. You should get the 'Done.' message and
CUSAxxxxx.gp4 project file;
14) Open CUSAxxxxx.gp4 in Fake PKG Generator and build your .pkg project;
15) Run PS4HEN payload, install and test your .pkg;
16) Profit.

Paths (for reference):
Code:
/user/app/CUSAxxxxx/app.pkg                  --FTP--> dump\pkg

/mnt/sandbox/pfsmnt/CUSAxxxxx-app0-nest/pfs_image.dat --FTP--> dump\pfs            --A_E--> app

/mnt/sandbox/pfsmnt/CUSAxxxxx-app0/eboot.bin         --FTP--> dump\app            --CPY--> app
/mnt/sandbox/pfsmnt/CUSAxxxxx-app0/sce_module/*       --FTP--> dump\app\sce_module --CPY--> app\sce_module
/mnt/sandbox/pfsmnt/CUSAxxxxx-app0/???                --FTP--> dump\app\???        --CPY--> app\???

/system_data/priv/appmeta/CUSAxxxxx/*             --FTP--> dump\appmeta\*      --CPY--> app\sce_sys\*
PKG Kitchen - PS4 Guides, Tools and Scripts for Fake PKG Creation.jpg

Comments

@Al Azif your xvortex payload dont work. check the both videos, in the other it works but putting the same PS4 IP in both, so is not a problem with my conexions, i dont know what happen.
@XVortex yours only work if I put the same ip in both ps4 and pc in hex edit.
see, there is a problem with the payload with some users.
Your new payload https://github.com/xvortex/ps4-ftp-vtx/blob/master/ps4-ftp-vtx.bin without debug ip dont work, i will upload another video to check that.

I dont have problems with my conexions
I do a good hex edit because i dont change the size and padding, im developer too so i know how do it.
Check plz why only works when you put the same ip in both works. its strange.
I think if i compile with my ip will work, i will test that way too.

Anyway i can use the payload with putting both ip and now im dumping my games.

"Developers may specify which files belong to what chunks, and which chunks should be loaded by one or more scenarios. This information is used by the Orbis Publishing Tools to build a package where files are stored in a specific order. And game could use an API to control PlayGo system (for example, which scenario should be loaded at some specific event, etc). Some information about used scenarios in a game are stored inside a package file, also there is some information about which languages are used in specific stuff (however, there is a loss of some information about them during a build process).

So, this is a problem for those of us who want to repack an original package. We MUST know this information or we MUST be able to recover this information somehow if we want to rebuild a package that will work. Otherwise we may see glitches, crashes or some other weird bugs, but some games could just work normally if they don't rely on this. I believe this is the main reason why a lot of games are not working (or working with some troubles) using the previous PlayRoom-based method, because PlayRoom uses a simple file layout. So, to workaround it we need to make some guesses based on package file's structure and it works, you could even do it semi-automatically (this is what my tool does).

But to do this properly you need to get the inner PFS image (called pfs_image.dat). This is basically for games that use complex scenarios, and don't use just one chunk and one default scenario. I have seen a lot of games that uses only one chunk/one scenario and they will just work as is without the need of doing something else, so just repack them and they will work fine (one of such game is DriveClub). But I want to discuss other games that brings these problems I'm talking about........"

https://pastebin.com/Zufhf2n8

Did you dump from disk? Or from psn? If from psn you have license, and your pkg will always work. another console must test it, to go sure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back