Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, guys, let me introduce the PKG Kitchen - the toolset for the easy creation of PS4 packages.

First sorry for my ugly English. I hope you understand me ;)

Toolset does not use flat_z method to assume gp4 package structure and (probably) has a issues, but it allows you to create more or less working packages and use it as a base for experiments.

Related Files:
Brief Instructions:

0) Extract Fake PKG Generator into the tools folder;
1) Clean the kitchen environment (run _clean.bat);
2) Turn on the console;
3) Insert disc, make sure it is fully installed/copied (skip for PSN title);
4) Run the ps4-ftp-vtx payload, connect into the ps4 by FTP client;
5) Minimize (PS Button), but do not close the WWW Browser;
6) Run your game, make sure to get main menu, minimize game (PS Button);
7) Copy files:
Code:
   a) /mnt/sandbox/pfsmnt/CUSAxxxxx-app0-nest/pfs_image.dat --> dump\pfs
      (please note your Title ID - CUSAxxxxx)
   b) /user/app/CUSAxxxxx/app.pkg --> dump\pkg
   c) /mnt/sandbox/pfsmnt/CUSAxxxxx-app0/eboot.bin    --> dump\app
      /mnt/sandbox/pfsmnt/CUSAxxxxx-app0/sce_module/* --> dump\app\sce_module\*
      /mnt/sandbox/pfsmnt/CUSAxxxxx-app0/???          --> dump\app\???
      (??? is other prx modules, if any, depends on title)
   d) /system_data/priv/appmeta/CUSAxxxxx/*           --> dump\appmeta
8) Restart your console, remove disc, uninstall the game (for further testing);
9) Run the _extract_pkg.bat script. You should get the 'Image extract succeeded' message;
10) Run the tools\ArchiveExplorer.exe, open pfs_image.dat in dump\pfs dir,
select all files, and extract selected files into the app folder.
Wait until the end of the process (this can take a long time)!
11) Copy (overwrite) dump\app\* files into the app folder
(take care of the 7-c-??? files paths too)
12) Copy (overwrite) dump\appmeta\* files into the app\sce_sys folder;
13) Run the _gen_gp4.bat script. You should get the 'Done.' message and
CUSAxxxxx.gp4 project file;
14) Open CUSAxxxxx.gp4 in Fake PKG Generator and build your .pkg project;
15) Run PS4HEN payload, install and test your .pkg;
16) Profit.

Paths (for reference):
Code:
/user/app/CUSAxxxxx/app.pkg                  --FTP--> dump\pkg

/mnt/sandbox/pfsmnt/CUSAxxxxx-app0-nest/pfs_image.dat --FTP--> dump\pfs            --A_E--> app

/mnt/sandbox/pfsmnt/CUSAxxxxx-app0/eboot.bin         --FTP--> dump\app            --CPY--> app
/mnt/sandbox/pfsmnt/CUSAxxxxx-app0/sce_module/*       --FTP--> dump\app\sce_module --CPY--> app\sce_module
/mnt/sandbox/pfsmnt/CUSAxxxxx-app0/???                --FTP--> dump\app\???        --CPY--> app\???

/system_data/priv/appmeta/CUSAxxxxx/*             --FTP--> dump\appmeta\*      --CPY--> app\sce_sys\*
PKG Kitchen - PS4 Guides, Tools and Scripts for Fake PKG Creation.jpg

Comments

I see in Filezilla that responded with "200 Dumping". Will it show up there when it's finished dumping the game? I don't have an indicator on my USB drive so I'm not sure what it's doing in the background. I did notice if I do anything in Filezilla, it stops the dumping process. Thanks for this tool!

i try and not show indicator to game, only view the folder no change more, but no work for me this method , at moment convert says "no param found"

@XVortex
Hi, thanks for you effort on that new method, but I was wondering if I am the only one where the dump never end... I am dumping Call Of Duty Ghosts, which should be around 40GB, but under USB0/CUSA00018, the file size is getting bigger and bigger, now over 300GB and it's still growing.

I have open your source code, but I can't figure out why it's doing something like this. I can see at the root that /USB0/CUSA00018.dumping is at zero (0) of size (my guess is that once the extraction is done, it will create a big file there...or I might be wrong.

The process has been working for almost 3 hours.. FTP rip for the same game is about 30 minutes... not too sure if I do something wrong, but I can see the files still beeing copied.

I seeing lots of files that are 0 bytes in the folder USB0/CUSA00018 and lots of them that are 4GB of size (all identical) and when I compare them with the same ones that are in /mnt/sandbox/pfsmnt/CUSA00018-app0; they are there, but not the same size, way smaller.

My HDD is Exfat and has other big PKGs on it, so space is not an issue.

Thanks

/USB0/CUSAxxxxx.dumping is the semaphore file it should change to
/USB0/CUSAxxxxx.complete when its finishes
300 gb dump is abnormal of course. Seems it get in infinite loop on some tree
Can you look - what file takes much space or there is some dirloops or what?

i have the same problem when i get the file by a ftp client.

/mnt/sandbox/pfsmnt/CUSAxxxxx-app0-nest/pfs_image.dat

I think that the problem is the pfs.image.dat, when i get it or dumping by a ftp client, the file increase and increase more than the file size, so never finish dump, the app.apk is ok, the problem is with the pfs_image.dat

@XVortex

its ok if the ftp client dont show the file tree in filezilla? it dont show when i connect using your ps4-ftp-vtx payload.

In other way i can connect but, dont show the file tree, but i can send commands, so im dumping right now

@XVortex
Hi, thanks for you effort on that new method, but I was wondering if I am the only one where the dump never end... I am dumping Call Of Duty Ghosts, which should be around 40GB, but under USB0/CUSA00018, the file size is getting bigger and bigger, now over 300GB and it's still growing.
I have EXACTLY the same problem. I just ran out of memory here. There must be some bug in @XVortex tool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back