Category PS4 Guides and Tutorials       Thread starter XVortex       Start date Jan 19, 2018 at 10:35 PM       98,133       209            
Ok, guys, let me introduce the PKG Kitchen - the toolset for the easy creation of PS4 packages.

First sorry for my ugly English. I hope you understand me ;)

Toolset does not use flat_z method to assume gp4 package structure and (probably) has a issues, but it allows you to create more or less working packages and use it as a base for experiments.

Related Files:
Brief Instructions:

0) Extract Fake PKG Generator into the tools folder;
1) Clean the kitchen environment (run _clean.bat);
2) Turn on the console;
3) Insert disc, make sure it is fully installed/copied (skip for PSN title);
4) Run the ps4-ftp-vtx payload, connect into the ps4 by FTP client;
5) Minimize (PS Button), but do not close the WWW Browser;
6) Run your game, make sure to get main menu, minimize game (PS Button);
7) Copy files:
Code:
   a) /mnt/sandbox/pfsmnt/CUSAxxxxx-app0-nest/pfs_image.dat --> dump\pfs
      (please note your Title ID - CUSAxxxxx)
   b) /user/app/CUSAxxxxx/app.pkg --> dump\pkg
   c) /mnt/sandbox/pfsmnt/CUSAxxxxx-app0/eboot.bin    --> dump\app
      /mnt/sandbox/pfsmnt/CUSAxxxxx-app0/sce_module/* --> dump\app\sce_module\*
      /mnt/sandbox/pfsmnt/CUSAxxxxx-app0/???          --> dump\app\???
      (??? is other prx modules, if any, depends on title)
   d) /system_data/priv/appmeta/CUSAxxxxx/*           --> dump\appmeta
8) Restart your console, remove disc, uninstall the game (for further testing);
9) Run the _extract_pkg.bat script. You should get the 'Image extract succeeded' message;
10) Run the tools\ArchiveExplorer.exe, open pfs_image.dat in dump\pfs dir,
select all files, and extract selected files into the app folder.
Wait until the end of the process (this can take a long time)!
11) Copy (overwrite) dump\app\* files into the app folder
(take care of the 7-c-??? files paths too)
12) Copy (overwrite) dump\appmeta\* files into the app\sce_sys folder;
13) Run the _gen_gp4.bat script. You should get the 'Done.' message and
CUSAxxxxx.gp4 project file;
14) Open CUSAxxxxx.gp4 in Fake PKG Generator and build your .pkg project;
15) Run PS4HEN payload, install and test your .pkg;
16) Profit.

Paths (for reference):
Code:
/user/app/CUSAxxxxx/app.pkg                  --FTP--> dump\pkg

/mnt/sandbox/pfsmnt/CUSAxxxxx-app0-nest/pfs_image.dat --FTP--> dump\pfs            --A_E--> app

/mnt/sandbox/pfsmnt/CUSAxxxxx-app0/eboot.bin         --FTP--> dump\app            --CPY--> app
/mnt/sandbox/pfsmnt/CUSAxxxxx-app0/sce_module/*       --FTP--> dump\app\sce_module --CPY--> app\sce_module
/mnt/sandbox/pfsmnt/CUSAxxxxx-app0/???                --FTP--> dump\app\???        --CPY--> app\???

/system_data/priv/appmeta/CUSAxxxxx/*             --FTP--> dump\appmeta\*      --CPY--> app\sce_sys\*
PKG Kitchen - PS4 Guides, Tools and Scripts for Fake PKG Creation.jpg

Comments

onlyeyes09

Contributor
I see in Filezilla that responded with "200 Dumping". Will it show up there when it's finished dumping the game? I don't have an indicator on my USB drive so I'm not sure what it's doing in the background. I did notice if I do anything in Filezilla, it stops the dumping process. Thanks for this tool!
i try and not show indicator to game, only view the folder no change more, but no work for me this method , at moment convert says "no param found"

NORATIO

Developer
Contributor
@XVortex
Hi, thanks for you effort on that new method, but I was wondering if I am the only one where the dump never end... I am dumping Call Of Duty Ghosts, which should be around 40GB, but under USB0/CUSA00018, the file size is getting bigger and bigger, now over 300GB and it's still growing.

I have open your source code, but I can't figure out why it's doing something like this. I can see at the root that /USB0/CUSA00018.dumping is at zero (0) of size (my guess is that once the extraction is done, it will create a big file there...or I might be wrong.

The process has been working for almost 3 hours.. FTP rip for the same game is about 30 minutes... not too sure if I do something wrong, but I can see the files still beeing copied.

I seeing lots of files that are 0 bytes in the folder USB0/CUSA00018 and lots of them that are 4GB of size (all identical) and when I compare them with the same ones that are in /mnt/sandbox/pfsmnt/CUSA00018-app0; they are there, but not the same size, way smaller.

My HDD is Exfat and has other big PKGs on it, so space is not an issue.

Thanks

XVortex

Developer
Contributor
/USB0/CUSAxxxxx.dumping is the semaphore file it should change to
/USB0/CUSAxxxxx.complete when its finishes
300 gb dump is abnormal of course. Seems it get in infinite loop on some tree
Can you look - what file takes much space or there is some dirloops or what?

juliotec

Contributor
i have the same problem when i get the file by a ftp client.

/mnt/sandbox/pfsmnt/CUSAxxxxx-app0-nest/pfs_image.dat

I think that the problem is the pfs.image.dat, when i get it or dumping by a ftp client, the file increase and increase more than the file size, so never finish dump, the app.apk is ok, the problem is with the pfs_image.dat

@XVortex

its ok if the ftp client dont show the file tree in filezilla? it dont show when i connect using your ps4-ftp-vtx payload.

In other way i can connect but, dont show the file tree, but i can send commands, so im dumping right now

cabronez

Contributor
@XVortex
Hi, thanks for you effort on that new method, but I was wondering if I am the only one where the dump never end... I am dumping Call Of Duty Ghosts, which should be around 40GB, but under USB0/CUSA00018, the file size is getting bigger and bigger, now over 300GB and it's still growing.
I have EXACTLY the same problem. I just ran out of memory here. There must be some bug in @XVortex tool.

Recent Articles
PS4 Renesas RL78 Debug Protocol Implementation by Fail0verflow
Following the PS4 SysCon Renesas Chip Image and updates by droogie, PS4 Glitch Pinout research via @juansbeck and their PS4 Aux Hax Parts 1-4 today fail0verflow shared with PlayStation 4 scene...
PS Store Big in Japan Sale Live with Deals on Over 500 PSN Titles
PS Store's latest Big in Japan flash sale features discounts on over 500 PSN titles including Kingdom Hearts All-In-One Package, NieR: Automata Game of the YoRHa Edition, Code Vein and more! 🎎 🗾...
Hello Games Releases No Man's Sky Living Ship Update for PS4 / PS VR
Since the No Man's Sky initial release and No Man's Sky Beyond Update developer Hello Games released a new Living Ship Update for PS4 and PS VR gamers. :cool: Check out their latest PlayStation 4...
PlayStation Store Essential Picks PSN Sale with Savings Up to 70% Off
PlayStation fans can save up to 70% off critically acclaimed must-have games during the PS Store Essential Picks sale beginning today on select PSN titles including Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order...