Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS3 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date May 7, 2017 at 10:08 PM       68      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Following the PS3 Data Transfer / Backup Injection / Converting PS3 CFW Games to OFW Methods and recent CFW2OFW Helper application, today @RLC let us know HERE of a thread by Danirodri on Spanish site ElOtroLado containing a RUMOR that there may be a private way to transfer PlayStation 3 PKG (Package) files to 4.81 and below OFW systems by creating bubbles (folders) without using the backup and data transfer utility. :unsure:

To quote from Danirodri roughly translated: "Hello everyone, I have a doubt that with the method of transferring games from CFW to OFW with 4.81 you can play backups on non-flashing consoles, so far, but I have a doubt, I know a person who records games to non-flashable consoles through bubbles and I do not need to format PS3 ls every time I want to add a game, but I do not have the confidence to explain it to me.

I think it's with PEXPloit but I have my doubts since I've read that it does not give good results, someone could explain how I do it because I'm looking everywhere and I find nothing. But the echo is that I have seen it with my own eyes as you download the games in bubble and then install the backup. Someone enlightens me. Thanks in advance.

He uses it in 4.81 and it downloads it in bubbles but I do not understand how."

From Sandungas in response, roughly translated on the rumored PS3 bubble creation and game transfer to OFW method: "Each bubble represents a folder in the path dev_hdd0 / vsh / task /

Inside the folder is the .pkg file, some "content information files" (such as PARAM.SFO and ICON0.PNG), and some .pdb files (some are called "project database", but actually I think it means "preinstall database")
All that can be created manually, the .pdb files are those that do "magic" and are responsible for the bubble.

But the problem of doing this the way you're explaining is that this is created when you download a game from the PSN store, it has nothing to do with the exploit of transferring games with the hdd.

Also, to transfer games to the hdd ... the previous hdd data is deleted, so it seems impossible for me to "add" additional games. Every time you want to add a bubble you will have to format the HDD."

Also from detilmalala comes the following details, roughly translated to quote: "Forget about that method, danirodri, is not public, only those who know the truth we know and we keep it so that it can not patch it, years ago we use it, and when Sony and eliminate the method of data transfer of a PS3 CFW to OFW, we're going to continue using it, and those ghost shops that sell PS3 with games installed are going to stay with empty hands, or rather, with PS3 empty, greetings."

So it sounds like this rumored PS3 PKG Bubble Method to transfer Package files to OFW consoles (if it exists) remains private for the time being, while the bubble approach is a bit reminiscent of VPK Bubble Creator and ePSP Bubble Installer v3.1 on PS Vita.

If anyone out there knows more about this rumor, feel free to Inbox Us or share additional details in the comments below and thanks in advance! <3
PS3 Package Bubble Creation & PKG Game Transfer to OFW Method Rumors.jpg

Comments

It will probably not be leaked, ever... Here's some info I may have probably got.

- This method is known by only few of them, and in the same topic (see page 3), the topic starter talked with one who know that method. He answered "This method needs work" or "Find with our own knowledge" which means this method is well preserved.

- A little watermark can be found on the photo, mentioned "PS3 Vault". By searching the name, you find nothing about it.

- I think it's a mix of hosting files and proxy redirection. (Charles Proxy is well known for that job)

- This method was probably found before the 3.55 exploit (no source), and Sony might know how it works, so if it's leaked, they can easily patch it.

- A little watermark can be found on the photo, mentioned "PS3 Vault". By searching the name, you find nothing about it.
The image probably has nothing to do with the content, but a user at the EOL forums has posted a link which appears to be the original source of the photo.

Yeah that photo is just an example from 2008... many years ago on the old site we've had several similar threads on running PKG files, installing Home, etc on PlayStation 3 so nothing exciting there as most of it either no longer works or what does there are far simpler ways of doing via CFW on PS3 these days.

If the original poster Danirodri knows someone who is creating bubbles / folders to transfer PKG files to 4.81 OFW using a private method that is what would interest me.

If someone was interested in the 2008ish threads I could try to dig up some links up from the old site, but they definitely didn't include PKG bubbles on OFW back then... so my guess is the picture is just a generic example of a PKG file being installed on PS3 and not directly related to this rumored new method.

Yeah that photo is just an example from 2008... many years ago on the old site we've had several similar threads on running PKG files, installing Home, etc on PlayStation 3 so nothing exciting there as most of it either no longer works or what does there are far simpler ways of doing via CFW on PS3 these days.

If the original poster Danirodri knows someone who is creating bubbles / folders to transfer PKG files to 4.81 OFW using a private method that is what would interest me.

If someone was interested in the 2008ish threads I could try to dig up some links up from the old site, but they definitely didn't include PKG bubbles on OFW back then... so my guess is the picture is just a generic example of a PKG file being installed on PS3 and not directly related to this rumored new method.
Please do if you can! It could shed some light into what's going on (especially since this is apparently something that predates the 3.55 exploits) :)

It definitely does, it's all really old stuff... that's since been discontinued (Home, for example) or patched by Sony.

I will try to find some old links tonight and share them here on it all for those who weren't around or simply don't remember back then. ;)

:arrow: Update: Here are a few links from the old site, which have links within them to some more related threads/guides:

y is it every1 is in such a spin off for backups? think we all have brains not all are as talented as others but still watch what's around. every1 should know of spinlock it's bin around since be4 ps3 days want an advantage now use you have location

XD you got me.

The thing is, how to bubble create a package that's not on the PS3 first, and then install it using bubble. As RLC said, i think it's proxies's work. Something like Charles Proxy, no ?
Some words from a total noob (me):
Charles needs a cert injected in the ps3 to work.
If you have that cert injected, you can do whatever you want. (version spoofing, IDPS spoofing, URL-redirection, ...). But you cant inject it on OFW.

So question is what happens, if you data transfer from CFW2OFW including the cert. (it was CA24 or CA27 i think) If it gets transfered aswell, you can spoof anything you want (like installing a demo from "store", but ending up in installing any full pkg you want) But I dont know if it gets transfered...

Some words from a total noob (me):
Charles needs a cert injected in the ps3 to work.
If you have that cert injected, you can do whatever you want. (version spoofing, IDPS spoofing, URL-redirection, ...). But you cant inject it on OFW.

So question is what happens, if you data transfer from CFW2OFW including the cert. (it was CA24 or CA27 i think) If it gets transfered aswell, you can spoof anything you want (like installing a demo from "store", but ending up in installing any full pkg you want) But I dont know if it gets transfered...
The only way to inject it is to have access to the backup on the protected area using your IDPS to decrypt it. Then, try to find some certificates, probably at exdata or user, and put the Charles Proxy cert here.

The only way to inject it is to have access to the backup on the protected area using your IDPS to decrypt it. Then, try to find some certificates, probably at exdata or user, and put the Charles Proxy cert here.
If one would have his OFW-IDPS... As far as I know there is nothing new released since flatz's one which I think was patched around 4.70.

Also i was not talking about the backup-method, but about Data-Transfer-Utility. But then again, im just a total noob, with noobish ideas :p

If one would have his OFW-IDPS... As far as I know there is nothing new released since flatz's one which I think was patched around 4.70.

Also i was not talking about the backup-method, but about Data-Transfer-Utility. But then again, im just a total noob, with noobish ideas :p
Every idea is good to take, no worries ! DTU, if you want to use it, you need a CFW console (if games are injected in the CFW), but it also works in OFW without a doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back