previous release, today PlayStation 3 developer Endless officially updated to PS3MFW Builder v1.0 Build 0.3.1.5 and PS3MFW Builder Updater v1.5 which includes the PS3 Firmware 4.80 keys for making your own PS3 Modified Firmware.
Download: PS3MFW Builder v1.0 Build 0.3.1.5 / PS3MFW Builder Updater v1.5 / PS3 MFW (All Releases) Archive / PS3MFW Builder Site / GIT
Coded from scratch by Endless. Better, faster. Integrated updater (if version is older)/downloader (if ran alone)
Thanks for downloading
Replace the old updater by the RazorX by this one
Thanks to @Endless for the update and changelog, and @XxZer0ModZxX for testing it out!
Update: PS3 developer haxxxen also updated his PS3MFW Builder v0.2.1 Mod with the changes below.
Download: ps3mfw-builder-0.2.1-mod.zip / GIT
Small explanation of tasks:
- using old routines to repack tar archive, packages and CORE_OS
- using toolboy's new routines/tools to extract PUP, packages and flash files
- using toolboy's patchtool to patch files
- option to use either self_rebuilder/iso_rebuilder or scetool to resign selfs
- option to extract/modify/repack lv0 on 3.6+ MFW (no automated process)
- different way of detecting spkg support for 3.56+ MFW (3.55 dex downgrader/REBUG 3.55.4 work as well now)
- toolboy's OtherOS++ tasks fixed (glevand's tasks used as source)
- glevand's 3.55 (OtherOS) tasks fixed to work with patchtool
- personalized tasks
- pkgtool "hexified" to work on WindowsXP (SP3)
- modified version of COBRA's hashcalc app added, to make it work with MFW-Builder
- COBRA CFWs can be patched now and hashes can be directly replaced in stage2 file(s)
- tarball creation routine with permissions and user/group name fixed. You can create tars, just like originals. Already modified firmwares can be fixed, by selecting "replace devflash file manual" and then add from every devflash pkg a single file to task. Examples from REBUG 4.21 and 4.81 OFW are included in replace_deflash folder. Additionally you have to choose replace_devflash3 task (don't forget the global option to extract!!!), to fix devflash3 tar as well. To fix devflash000 tar, just choose add folder and leave the box empty
Spoiler NOTE FOR COBRA CFWs: When patching a COBRA CFW, keep in mind to update COBRA hashes on protected modules.
Credits go to all the original authors of MFW-BUILDER and its tools. Also credits to mysis, who has made most of the patches!