Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Jailbreaking       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Apr 19, 2017 at 12:45 AM       306      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Following the PS4 4.0x WebKit Exploit Break Down, JailbreakMe PS4 3.5x / 3.70 / 4.0x Exploit Ports, 4.50 Kernel R/W Access and his original JailbreakMe PS4 4.0x WebKit RCE Exploit today PlayStation 4 hacker qwertyoruiopz confirmed on Twitter that he "just pwned PS4 4.5x" which Google defines as "(especially in video gaming) utterly defeat (an opponent or rival); completely get the better of." :love:

Of note, PS4 Firmware 4.55 has now become mandatory to use PSN reported by HYTR and we'll update this article once specifics become available on how qwertyoruiopz has pwned PS4 v4.5x, but until then it's GREAT to hear his progress on hacking the PlayStation 4 video gaming console! :thumbup:

From the latest Tweets added above, qwertyoruiopz has confirmed on Twitter that PS4 OFW 4.55 is vulnerable to both Webkit RCE and Kernel LPE exploits which is great to hear as the PlayStation 4 developers ponder if he's planning a scene release or not. :unsure:

According to Wololo the hypocrite via ArthurBishop, to quote: "Update on release plan: Qwertyoruiop has replied (thanks!) and told me he doesn’t know at the moment if this will be released or not. In an ideal world he would keep a kernel exploit for private access and research on future firmwares, and release only if/when he finds a second user/kernel exploit combination."

From the PSXHAX Shoutbox come the following links courtesy of @Chaos Kid and @SorenAlke for other developers to examine:
Until we hear more from qwertyoruiopz, here's today's Umar Bang meme video courtesy of @Centrino:
Thanks to @B7U3 C50SS, @defense, @hyndrid, @raedoob and @xthird16 for sharing the news in the PSXHAX Shoutbox and to @Lush78 for being the first to post the already famous Tweet in the forums HERE! <3
PS4 4.5x Pwned by Qwertyoruiopz, Confirms Just Pwned PS4 4.5x.png

C9yKGqYXkAcNUO7.jpg

Comments

It's been 1 month since all this qwertyshit started and no real progress, close those threads and let's forget everything.
Qwerty said he was going to wait until he found a second exploit devs just don't magically find exploits overnight it takes a lot of time. In the meantime get a 1.76 ps4 or just use psproxy to not update

Qwerty said he was going to wait until he found a second exploit devs just don't magically find exploits overnight it takes a lot of time. In the meantime get a 1.76 ps4 or just use psproxy to not update
Where exactly did he say this? If you mean the article on wololo, in my opinion it was not clear if that really came from him or if it was just something the article author added. Also it said "in an ideal world" but we all know that is not the case :p, and like you said it is hard to find exploits.

Where exactly did he say this? If you mean the article on wololo, in my opinion it was not clear if that really came from him or if it was just something the article author added. Also it said "in an ideal world" but we all know that is not the case :p, and like you said it is hard to find exploits.
with the comment stated above he is referring to piggy backing off of exploits. even doing this requires a lot more to obtain true kernel access. by piggy backing its weakening security so in simple terms the more exploits the farther in to kernel access is obtained.

Hi. I have 4.06 and need to upgrade to 4.07 for playing Horizon Zero Dawn. Is it no Problem?

and Anyone know minimum firmware of Nier Automata?

Hi. I have 4.06 and need to upgrade to 4.07 for playing Horizon Zero Dawn. Is it no Problem?

and Anyone know minimum firmware of Nier Automata?
In the same situation as you. I'm just gonna update probably to the latest OFW when my copy of HZD arrives in the mail in the next few days. Enough of this waiting for CFW. I'm just gonna buy the good console exclusives but get the cracked multi-releases for PC.

You can upgrade from PS4 OFW 4.06 to 4.07 following THIS guide (4.07 OFW download links are in Step 1 of it), and you can also check which minimum Firmware version PS4 games require using the links HERE. ;-)

You can upgrade from PS4 OFW 4.06 to 4.07 following THIS guide (4.07 OFW download links are in Step 1 of it), and you can also check which minimum Firmware version PS4 games require using the links HERE. ;-)
Oh you are so kind. Thanks

Another Question: Is it no problem to use PSN and PSN free games with 4.07 Firmware?

Oh you are so kind. Thanks

Another Question: Is it no problem to use PSN and PSN free games with 4.07 Firmware?
You may be able to use psproxy idk if it works on 4.07 but it does for me and I'm on 4.50. I'm on my phone atm so I will post a link later if no one else has done it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back