Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Jailbreaking       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Apr 19, 2017 at 12:45 AM       306      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Following the PS4 4.0x WebKit Exploit Break Down, JailbreakMe PS4 3.5x / 3.70 / 4.0x Exploit Ports, 4.50 Kernel R/W Access and his original JailbreakMe PS4 4.0x WebKit RCE Exploit today PlayStation 4 hacker qwertyoruiopz confirmed on Twitter that he "just pwned PS4 4.5x" which Google defines as "(especially in video gaming) utterly defeat (an opponent or rival); completely get the better of." :love:

Of note, PS4 Firmware 4.55 has now become mandatory to use PSN reported by HYTR and we'll update this article once specifics become available on how qwertyoruiopz has pwned PS4 v4.5x, but until then it's GREAT to hear his progress on hacking the PlayStation 4 video gaming console! :thumbup:

From the latest Tweets added above, qwertyoruiopz has confirmed on Twitter that PS4 OFW 4.55 is vulnerable to both Webkit RCE and Kernel LPE exploits which is great to hear as the PlayStation 4 developers ponder if he's planning a scene release or not. :unsure:

According to Wololo the hypocrite via ArthurBishop, to quote: "Update on release plan: Qwertyoruiop has replied (thanks!) and told me he doesn’t know at the moment if this will be released or not. In an ideal world he would keep a kernel exploit for private access and research on future firmwares, and release only if/when he finds a second user/kernel exploit combination."

From the PSXHAX Shoutbox come the following links courtesy of @Chaos Kid and @SorenAlke for other developers to examine:
Until we hear more from qwertyoruiopz, here's today's Umar Bang meme video courtesy of @Centrino:
Thanks to @B7U3 C50SS, @defense, @hyndrid, @raedoob and @xthird16 for sharing the news in the PSXHAX Shoutbox and to @Lush78 for being the first to post the already famous Tweet in the forums HERE! <3
PS4 4.5x Pwned by Qwertyoruiopz, Confirms Just Pwned PS4 4.5x.png

C9yKGqYXkAcNUO7.jpg

Comments

I am wondering! qwerty is the only person in the whole world who can jailbreak the ps4? There are so many hackers across the world. None of them can? None of them want to do it? It's been three and a half years from the ps4 release already and we are still waiting! Is it so difficult? I wish i had the knowledge to do that. I remember when we still were on ps1 and ps2 where everything about jb were much faster!

Its been done already, cant you see that? Its just qwerty is being public with "some" of what he has/can do.

There is such a bad and wrong attitude towards those that have the ability to hack which has made things the way they are.

Learning how to do stuff isnt that bad, it could be beneficial in more than just console hacking. I believe this is overlooked by many who say "i cant do it/ can't be bothered"

Bad attitude? which is? what do you mean? Sorry my friend but for me bad attitude is to post messages on twitter saying i did this i did that and then not giving these to the people. It's very frustrating! If you are not going to give anything to the people why do you say this and that?

That's why i asked before if he is the only one who can do it. Because people are tired waiting. :)

I am wondering! qwerty is the only person in the whole world who can jailbreak the ps4? There are so many hackers across the world. None of them can? None of them want to do it? It's been three and a half years from the ps4 release already and we are still waiting! Is it so difficult? I wish i had the knowledge to do that. I remember when we still were on ps1 and ps2 where everything about jb were much faster!
I am sick of waiting, for now I am on 4.05 and I has just started thinking about updating to 4.55 ! lately i've been playing the last guardian, when i wanted to update the game to 1.03, a freaking window popped up, saying update to 4.55 oh god when will we get something.........

I am sick of waiting, for now I am on 4.05 and I has just started thinking about updating to 4.55 ! lately i've been playing the last guardian, when i wanted to update the game to 1.03, a freaking window popped up, saying update to 4.55 oh god when will we get something.........
you aint getting nothing as nothing will be getting released stop being entitled and come to terms with the reality

Bad attitude? which is? what do you mean? Sorry my friend but for me bad attitude is to post messages on twitter saying i did this i did that and then not giving these to the people. It's very frustrating! If you are not going to give anything to the people why do you say this and that?

That's why i asked before if he is the only one who can do it. Because people are tired waiting. :)
Thanks to his tweets and information, anyone who wishes to dig deeper knows there are definitely holes in the system.

He owes nothing, ppl should not expect handouts every time. If its that frustrating, then have a go, do some research and see what you find

I don't think that this is the reason for tweeting. He knows very well how much people want the jb and he enjoys watch them beg. That's what i believe. I may be wrong though.... :)

I want to ask a question. It has been asked a lot of times but i really need a straight answer. Is it safe to update to 4.55? I am on 3.55 and i really need to get to psn for the free games etc. Or there is a possibility that qwerty or someone else come up and say here is the jb but not on 4.55 but on 3.55 or something... Is there such a possibility?

Thanks to his tweets and information, anyone who wishes to dig deeper knows there are definitely holes in the system.

He owes nothing, ppl should not expect handouts every time. If its that frustrating, then have a go, do some research and see what you find
I already soldered cables , there is mine. CFW soon. :bananaman::bananaman13:

Lmao i hear this bullcrap all of the time. They don't owe us anything and blah blah blah. A public release is why most of us are here. What the book happened to the "scene". I havent been around for too long. I had an xbox 360 Jtag console bought a vita that has a kernel exploit. Do you know why those exploits were released? Because devs knew people wanted them!!!

It seems the ps4 is all about the devs and not the community. Barely any communication between the two and apparently those who aren't devs are mere peasants. If you ever want to feel like your worthless and your presence is not wanted. Join the ps4 scene. Exploits will be waved in your face but they were never intended to be released. Sorry. Have to let people know about them though or else its useless apparently.

How about all these devs who have all this knowledge post occasional tutorials. Or how bout occasional posts about how to get started with reverse engineering and software exploitation. What should people focus on first? Maybe C? Maybe x86 Architecture? Because its clear that if anyone wants an exploit they have to do it themselves.

I've been doing some research myself and i advise everyone to do the same. Put some studying in so that all of us will be ready by the time the next system launches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back