Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Jan 10, 2021 at 12:11 AM       40      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Proceeding JaiCraB's PS4 UART Ports discoveries, the PS4 UART to DCSD Project, PS4 UART Enabler, PS4 UART Output Viewer and PS4 UART Installation Guide this weekend ImJtagModz aka JTAG7371 (YouTube Channel) on Github let us know he made a new PS4 6.72 Permanent / Persistent UART Payload port available for those with 6.72 PS4 Jailbroken Consoles allowing users to view the startup logs. šŸ˜ƒ

Download: permanent-uart.bin (Compiled) / GIT / perma-7.5x-uart.bin (149 Bytes) / PermanentUART.elf (8.57 KB - for 9.00)

Changelog:

v1.01:

• Added support for 5.05, 6.70, 6.71 and 7.00, 7.01, 7.02
If you require one for a different firmware, send me a kernel dump and will update for you :)

v1.02:
  • Thanks to Al Azif, most major jailbroken firmwares are now supported!
From the README.md: PS4 Permanent UART

Enables Permanent UART for PS4.

Requires a 5.05/6.72/7.02 Jailbroken PS4.

To build, you require ps4-*** from Scene-Collective/ps4-payload-***

In the terminal, type make in the folder and then use bin loader from an exploit host to load the payload.

Once done, reboot and you have permanent UART for your PS4 until you update.

Credit to @zecoxao for the information he posted on enabling persistent UART.

In Theory 6.70, 6.71 7.00, 7.01 and 7.02 are added but these are experimental, if you crash when loading, please make an issue and provide a kernel dump for your firmware and i will update and add :)

Spoiler: Related Tweets

Download: PermanentUART.elf (8.57 KB)
Code:
9.00 icc_nvs_write: kernel base + 0x10B150
S4 6.72 Permanent Persistent UART Payload Port by JTAG7371.jpg

Comments

@Shinyashokudo

UART stands for Universal Asynchronous Receiver/Transmitter. It's not a communication protocol like SPI and I2C, but a physical circuit in a microcontroller, or a stand-alone IC. A UART's main purpose is to transmit and receive serial data.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back