Category PS4 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Jan 10, 2020 at 2:03 AM       19,560       39            
Following the PlayStation 4 Linux Scripts, previous PS4 Gentoo Linux Dev Updates and PS4 Linux Loader Baikal Chip Support today developer @iguy0 let us know he migrated Valeery's Baikal Chip kernel patches to the new Gentoo 5.3.7 kernel by PS4Gentoo! 🐧

Download: ps4-kernel.zip (10.4 MB - Compiled) / PS4Linux-Kernel-master.zip / GIT

And from the README.md: PS4 Linux

PS4-sources 5.3.7 + Baikal patches (should work for most PS4 versions)

In short this is the combination of https://github.com/ps4gentoo/ps4-linux and https://github.com/Ps3itaTeam/ps4-linux/tree/ps4-4.14.93-baikal.

It works phenomenally well on my PS4. I use PSXITA v2 with this kernel. Unfortunately I haven't tested on other versions since I only own a 2115b, but as far as i could tell from the patches it should work on ALL* versions now.

You are more than welcome to confirm this by creating an issue with the model and behavior.

Enjoy!
  • = untested
Download: PS4 Gentoo Theme.rar (14.6 MB)
Download: bzImage (5.9 MB - new kernel for the updated archlinux drivers)
Download: bzImage (5.6 MB - kernel linux 4.14.93 for PS4 with Baikal Southbridge and edited rev ID)
PS4 Gentoo Kernel Sources 5.3.7 with Baikal Chip Patches via Iguy0.jpg

:idea: Reminder: Those without a Verified Badge yet on Discord to access the private areas we recommend Joining Us! Why? The waiting process takes a week for new Members, and there's a lot we're unable to share on public forums including the latest PS4 PKG Games. 🏴‍☠️

Comments

Holypsx

Contributor
Verified
Fantastic :D
Open Orbis *** + Gentoo Linux + Future homebrews
I cant imagine plays Mario Strikers Gamecube or other platforms older or newer on it.
Please [c]fw on 6.xx and 7.00 :D we just need this.

seanp2500

Contributor
Verified
Hi sorry for being nooby but how would i test this out? Can anyone point me to a tut or give my the steps/commands i know that i have to extract files onto a usb then launch a linux loader payload but im lost after that i see tuts for ita not this. Is command same since it merges? Thanks for any help!

Recent Articles
PS4 Webkit Bad_Hoist 6.72 Exploit Port WIP by Sleirsgoevy & 6.72 Dumps
Proceeding his PS4 ROP 8CC Port and the 7.02 PS4 Kernel Exploit (KEX) release, PlayStation 4 scene developer sleirsgoevy added a work-in-progress (WIP) port of the PS4 Webkit Bad_Hoist 6.XX...
DiRT 5, Vampire: The Masquerade & Werewolf: The Apocalypse PS5 Trailers
Following the PS5 hacking-themed Recompile Gameplay footage, today we have some new PlayStation 5 video game trailers for off-roader DiRT 5, Vampire: The Masquerade - Swansong and Werewolf: The...
Sony Reveals PlayStation Now Games for July, 2020
Today Sony revealed the latest additions to their PlayStation Now video game streaming service for the month of July, featuring Watch Dogs 2, Street Fighter V and Hello Neighbor. :cool: According...
PS4 Kernel Exploit (KEX) for 7.02 Firmware, Wait for Jailbreak Before Updating!
As promised last month, PlayStation 4 scene developer theflow0 just dropped the PS4 Kernel Exploit (KEX) for Firmware 7.02 and below which was patched by Sony in 7.50 PS4 OFW (Current OFW is 7.51)...