Category PS4 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Jan 10, 2020 at 2:03 AM       18,567       39            
Following the PlayStation 4 Linux Scripts, previous PS4 Gentoo Linux Dev Updates and PS4 Linux Loader Baikal Chip Support today developer @iguy0 let us know he migrated Valeery's Baikal Chip kernel patches to the new Gentoo 5.3.7 kernel by PS4Gentoo! 🐧

Download: ps4-kernel.zip (10.4 MB - Compiled) / PS4Linux-Kernel-master.zip / GIT

And from the README.md: PS4 Linux

PS4-sources 5.3.7 + Baikal patches (should work for most PS4 versions)

In short this is the combination of https://github.com/ps4gentoo/ps4-linux and https://github.com/Ps3itaTeam/ps4-linux/tree/ps4-4.14.93-baikal.

It works phenomenally well on my PS4. I use PSXITA v2 with this kernel. Unfortunately I haven't tested on other versions since I only own a 2115b, but as far as i could tell from the patches it should work on ALL* versions now.

You are more than welcome to confirm this by creating an issue with the model and behavior.

Enjoy!
  • = untested
Download: PS4 Gentoo Theme.rar (14.6 MB)
Download: bzImage (5.6 MB - kernel linux 4.14.93 for PS4 with Baikal Southbridge and edited rev ID)
PS4 Gentoo Kernel Sources 5.3.7 with Baikal Chip Patches via Iguy0.jpg

:idea: Reminder: Those without a Verified Badge yet on Discord to access the private areas we recommend Joining Us! Why? The waiting process takes a week for new Members, and there's a lot we're unable to share on public forums including the latest PS4 PKG Games. 🏴‍☠️

Comments

Holypsx

Contributor
Verified
Fantastic :D
Open Orbis *** + Gentoo Linux + Future homebrews
I cant imagine plays Mario Strikers Gamecube or other platforms older or newer on it.
Please [c]fw on 6.xx and 7.00 :D we just need this.

seanp2500

Contributor
Verified
Hi sorry for being nooby but how would i test this out? Can anyone point me to a tut or give my the steps/commands i know that i have to extract files onto a usb then launch a linux loader payload but im lost after that i see tuts for ita not this. Is command same since it merges? Thanks for any help!

Recent Articles
BitHunter Tool to Extract / Pull PS4 Game Trophy Data by AlexKalopsia
Proceeding the MyTrophies PS4 Trophy Calculator for use on jailbroken PlayStation 4 consoles running PS4HEN comes BitHunter, which is a Python-based tool to extract / pull information from PS4...
Sony Unveils Latest PlayStation Now Games for June, 2020
The last additions to Sony's PlayStation Now digital video game library include survival horror title Metro Exodus, stealth action adventure Dishonored 2 and racing sim NASCAR Heat 4. 😎 Here's...
Nanospeed Gamer 1.0 The Videogame PS4 PKG by LapyGames
The PlayStation 4 homebrew keeps flowing from scene developer @Lapy, and following Super Console Wars 1.0 comes Nanospeed Gamer 1.0 The Videogame PS4 PKG by LapyGames (PayPal for supporting his...
OrbisSWU: The PS4 Update Tool Developer Research by TheoryWrong
As mentioned previously, following Fail0verflow's Documentation, the PS4 NoBD Updating Method, his PS4 Updater Toolkit release and the PS4 RL78 Syscon implementation PlayStation 4 scene developer...