Category PS4 Jailbreaking       Thread starter stooged       Start date Feb 23, 2018 at 7:49 AM       87,088       260            
I have been messing around with trying to get my VR headset to work with 4.05 for a little while, and because the VR headset is updated to the latest firmware it wouldn't work.

Just recently @XVortex pointed out you can poke a memory value to sort of spoof the system firmware version, so I tried what he said and put together a Enable_VR.bin payload (load the HEN payload and then load the VR payload because the Web exploit will say invalid import map, or use this idc.zip modified IDC exploit to launch it as I have added the 5.05 sections so it does not complain about import map) to poke the offset and found it allowed my VR headset to work.

:arrow: Update: Ok I sorted out the problem and merged the enable VR mod into XVortex's HEN 1.3 so you can now just run this 1 HEN payload and play VR with the source code below:

Download: ps4-hen-VR.zip (0.01 MB) / ps4-hen-VR.tar.gz (0.05 MB - Source Code) / usb_hen_vr.zip (0.03 MB - for USB Stick) / Ps4_Serve_v1_8.apk / Enable_VR_455.zip / usb_455_vr_enable.zip (0.02 MB) / ps4-hen-VR.zip (0.01 MB) / Enable-VR-50X

I only have 1 VR game to test on at the moment as I have to download the VR games now, but it is Resident Evil 7 and its working with my latest updated VR 3.10 and 4.05 + HEN.

Huge thanks to @XVortex, as you can see this is my VR information:

PS4 HEN Enable Updated PlayStation VR Payload with Source Code.jpg

And this is the game running on VR:

PS4 HEN Enable Updated PlayStation VR Payload with Source Code 2.jpg

Tested a few more VR games and all works well:

Rush of Blood:

PS4 HEN Enable Updated PlayStation VR Payload with Source Code 3.jpg

VR Worlds:

PS4 HEN Enable Updated PlayStation VR Payload with Source Code 4.jpg

Arkham VR:

PS4 HEN Enable Updated PlayStation VR Payload with Source Code 5.jpg

Comments

Recent Articles
Latest PlayStation 4 Game Trailer Videos from Gamescom 2019
Earlier this week we saw a Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2v2 Alpha PS4 trailer video from Gamescom 2019, and below is some more fresh PlayStation 4 video game footage from this year's Gamescom...
Chiaki: Free and Open Source PS4 Remote Play Client by Thestr4ng3r!
Last month we reported on a PS4 Remote Play open source client in development by thestr4ng3r, and today he released Chiaki... the first free and open source PS4 Remote Play client software for...
Sony Patent Surfaces on Rumored PlayStation 5 / PS5 Development Kit Design
Although Sony's next-generation PlayStation 5 console isn't expected until the 2020 holiday season, today Andrew Marmo tweeted about a rumored Sony Interactive Entertainment patent...
CoD: Modern Warfare 2v2 Alpha Gamescom 2019 PS4 Trailer and Tips
The public Gamescom 2019 event runs from August 21st through the 24th, and during the weekend of August 23rd through the 25th gamers will be able to play the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2v2 Alpha...