Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 News       Thread starter kizabg       Start date Jul 16, 2019 at 5:18 AM       65      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just over a month ago Sony released a PS4 OFW 6.71 Update followed by a few 6.80 Beta Updates for those in their PlayStation Preview Program, and today another PS4 System Software / Firmware 6.72 update went live with the changelog stating only "This system software update improves system performance." :sneaky:

:alert: As always DON'T UPDATE if you wish to use PS4 game backups and homebrew apps when a new jailbreak exploit arrives, and we'll add any related Tweets below as PlayStation 4 scene developers have a chance to examine it.

Download: PS4 Firmware 6.72 Update (US) / PS4 Firmware 6.72 Update (EU) / PS4 Firmware 6.72 Update (UK) / PS4 Firmware 6.72 Update (AU/NZ) / PS4 Firmware 6.72 Update (JP) / 672.zip (203 MB - 6.72 system modules. md0 system, system_ex and ShellCore) / kernel_dump_fw_672.rar (13.99 MB)

About PlayStation 4 system software version 6.72

Main features in version 6.72 update

• This system software update improves system performance.
:arrow: Here are some guides for those new on How to Block PS4 Firmware Updates, How to Delete Downloaded PS4 Update PUPs that haven't been installed yet, How to Update to a Specific PS4 Firmware and also some PS4 HEN Update Blocker Payloads.
From ChendoChap via PS4 Kernel Build Strings:
Code:
| CEX || 6.72 || r128004/release_branches/release_06.720 Jul  9 2019 05:42:32 || dumped
PS4 System Software  Firmware 6.72 Released, Don't Update!.jpg

Comments

@Gwyn that's a big lie, because if not already be released, if not, if it's still unpatched, there will never be a hack? But if there is access to hack at 6.20 and they do not get in because of their ego (then they ask you to give credits etc).

But if they have the master keys for more than two years and do not release them and complain after there is no homebrew, if not, why is the app to read, copy ... the nand of the console? For that you need the master keys. Do not be credulous!

If it still works on this firmware, it should be safe to update anyway, so why telling us to NOT update ? Makes absolutely no sense at all

@DeadEye14 I'm not being credulous man, honestly think about it. They released firmware exploits weeks after the ps4 was updated from 1.73 all the way up to 5.05. Sony always patched them out and broke the exploit for future updates. Why stop at 5.05? What's so special about that particular firmware.

I agree with you 100% that they can be egotistic and directly taunt Sony about the security flaws but you cant honestly believe Sony is oblivious to this website and the developers twitch accounts stating they have private exploits and even post it attaching Sony on it. Sony is aware man and they probably know how they are doing it by now and PURPOSELY do not fix the security exploit so that it remains in the hands of the few and not the many.

Under fear of public prosecution and yes even egotism Sony knows that not patching it is better than patching it. So yes they warn us not to update because we just dont know when the next exploit will be, probably until games are no longer being developed for ps4. Doesn't that make more sense than a bunch of guys having a pissing contest?

@Gwyn NO!
If the believers and elogratas released the master keys (they have more than 2 years ago, then they take the reader out of the flash and others that without MK is useless at all -wish to do it they have the MK-) we could do everything, then they say that there is no HB ...

@shricool51

Sure.. Mine is sitting in th storage with secure blanket over it to protect from dust. I cherish it because its expensive and I have to protect it. You didn't take care of PS4 seriously, lol!

Dont update people... I personally think that a new exploit may come out ... We have to wait ... I think the ps4 exploit can not die like this ... We were in system 5.05 and we will not enjoy a new exploit?

I'm still waiting to be able to play Spider-Man ... Let's see faith always on top of everything everyone ... Who hopes always reaches :)

to every one asking for etawen ;)

every ps4 exploit released was already patched by sony, why would the sceners change their mind now and release an unpatched exploit???

The only reason to release a working exploit now is if it's hardware based and cant be patched, that's what happened with ps3. Well... the ps4 is another ship.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back