Category PS4 News       Thread starter kizabg       Start date Jul 16, 2019 at 5:18 AM       55,571       65            
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just over a month ago Sony released a PS4 OFW 6.71 Update followed by a few 6.80 Beta Updates for those in their PlayStation Preview Program, and today another PS4 System Software / Firmware 6.72 update went live with the changelog stating only "This system software update improves system performance." :sneaky:

:alert: As always DON'T UPDATE if you wish to use PS4 game backups and homebrew apps when a new jailbreak exploit arrives, and we'll add any related Tweets below as PlayStation 4 scene developers have a chance to examine it.

Download: PS4 Firmware 6.72 Update (US) / PS4 Firmware 6.72 Update (EU) / PS4 Firmware 6.72 Update (UK) / PS4 Firmware 6.72 Update (AU/NZ) / PS4 Firmware 6.72 Update (JP)

About PlayStation 4 system software version 6.72

Main features in version 6.72 update

• This system software update improves system performance.
:arrow: Here are some guides for those new on How to Block PS4 Firmware Updates, How to Delete Downloaded PS4 Update PUPs that haven't been installed yet, How to Update to a Specific PS4 Firmware and also some PS4 HEN Update Blocker Payloads.
From ChendoChap via PS4 Kernel Build Strings:
Code:
| CEX || 6.72 || r128004/release_branches/release_06.720 Jul  9 2019 05:42:32 || dumped
PS4 System Software  Firmware 6.72 Released, Don't Update!.jpg

:idea: Reminder: Those without a Verified Badge yet on Discord to access the private areas we recommend Joining Us! Why? The waiting process takes a week for new Members, and there's a lot we're unable to share on public forums including the latest PS4 PKG Games. 🏴‍☠️

Comments

Status

lucasnooker

Contributor
Nah. I'm calling it right now. we will get a jailbreak once FW reaches 7.0+. sometime mid next year would be my guess... probably won't even get any 5.5x or 6.xx jailbreak. I believe it will be after the very last PS4 exclusive releases and all focus goes on the PS5.

:idea: Reminder: Those without a Verified Badge yet on Discord to access the private areas we recommend Joining Us! Why? The waiting process takes a week for new Members, and there's a lot we're unable to share on public forums including the latest PS4 PKG Games. 🏴‍☠️

frankdilemma

Contributor
Verified
I'll look around but since I stopped updating I no longer have access to PSN or the Playstation store. Does that sound like expected behavior or is there a workaround?

laz305

Contributor
Verified
F it I can’t wait that long. Looks like no JB for me then. Goin at it legit lol hey anyone know how this works? The free games they give away to Plus members are we still able to play them once we stop paying for the yearly service?

Status
Recent Articles
Minecraft Dungeons Battles Onto New PS4 Game Releases Next Week
Inspired by classic dungeon crawlers, get ready to begin a new quest in the action adventure game Minecraft Dungeons, set in the unmistakable blocky Minecraft universe next week on PlayStation 4...
SpecterDev Shares Low-Level Details on Porting MUSL to PS4
Since the OpenOrbis PlayStation 4 Toolchain release and related guides on his YouTube Channel, PS4 scene developer @SpecterDev of SpecterDev.ca (Patreon) shared via Twitter a Blog Post detailing...
Sony's Days of Play 2020 Sale Offers Deals on Games and More
With Memorial Day weekend and the unofficial start of summer upon us things are heating up outside as well as in Sony's Days of Play 2020 sale with deals on PlayStation games, accessories, PS Now...
Super Console Wars 1.0 PS4 Homebrew Game PKG by Lapy & Acekone1!
A few weeks back we saw PS4-Xplorer File Manager Theme and Avatar Maker followed by a PS4-Xplorer 1.19 update, and today PlayStation 4 homebrew developer @Lapy returns via Twitter with designer...