Category PS4 News       Thread starter kizabg       Start date Jul 16, 2019 at 5:18 AM       43,715       65            
Just over a month ago Sony released a PS4 OFW 6.71 Update followed by a few 6.80 Beta Updates for those in their PlayStation Preview Program, and today another PS4 System Software / Firmware 6.72 update went live with the changelog stating only "This system software update improves system performance." :sneaky:

:alert: As always DON'T UPDATE if you wish to use PS4 game backups and homebrew apps when a new jailbreak exploit arrives, and we'll add any related Tweets below as PlayStation 4 scene developers have a chance to examine it.

Download: PS4 Firmware 6.72 Update (US) / PS4 Firmware 6.72 Update (EU) / PS4 Firmware 6.72 Update (UK) / PS4 Firmware 6.72 Update (AU/NZ) / PS4 Firmware 6.72 Update (JP)

About PlayStation 4 system software version 6.72

Main features in version 6.72 update

• This system software update improves system performance.
:arrow: Here are some guides for those new on How to Block PS4 Firmware Updates, How to Delete Downloaded PS4 Update PUPs that haven't been installed yet, How to Update to a Specific PS4 Firmware and also some PS4 HEN Update Blocker Payloads.

PS4 System Software  Firmware 6.72 Released, Don't Update!.jpg

Comments

Knight69

Contributor
Verified
Obviously nothing is going to be released, why I have no idea? Some type of updated exploit should have come out by now or something that allows us to play higher fw games. The only three reasons I can think of is first is, they don't want to release the firmware because they think there's a chance that $ony servers could be hacked or something.

Second. They don't won't to release it because they could possibly get caught, which I highly doubt.

Third. They just don't want to release it because simply they don't to, again could be wrong. Those are some of my theories, I just hope something comes out soon because I don't care about playing online I just want to play some of the new games.

Gwyn

Contributor
Verified
@Knight69 the real reason (posted all over the internet and this site) is because exploit 5.55 STILL WORKS on current firmwares, yes including this one.

While you are technically right with all your reasons, this is by far the main one. They do not have infinite security breaches in the code and according to developers, this is the last one that they know.

If they released it now then that's it, Sony patches it almost instantly and we are forever stuck on firmware 6.72 until a new exploit is found and if THAT were the case they would have released a method a long time ago. Not that they owe us anything to begin with.

Do you not want to play FF7 remake on your exploited console? Because you will either have to update or buy a new one. Pick your poison.

Recent Articles
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare & MediEvil Join New PS4 Games Next Week
Next week the PlayStation 4 gets some heavy hitters, including Call of Duty: Modern Warfare for PS4 on October 24th, and both MediEvil and The Outer Worlds on October 25th. 😃 Without further ado...
Sony Rumored to Unveil PS5 at PlayStation Meeting on February 12, 2020
Yesterday we saw the first PS5 DevKit Prototype Images, and although Sony confirmed the PlayStation 5 will launch during the Holiday 2020 season they haven't announced an official PS5 unveiling...
Leaked PS5 Dev Kit Prototype Images Surface from ZONEofTECH
Following the PS5 Development Kit Design Patent and PlayStation 5 Development Kit 3D Renders, this weekend ZONEofTECH shared some leaked Sony PS5 Dev Kit Prototype Images on Twitter with a video...
Sony Confirms PS5 Will Support PlayStation Now, New Controller Patent
In a recent interview with Famitsu Magazine, Sony's Yasuhiro Osaki confirmed that PlayStation 5 will support their digital streaming and downloading video game subscription service PlayStation...