Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 News       Thread starter kizabg       Start date Jul 16, 2019 at 5:18 AM       65      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just over a month ago Sony released a PS4 OFW 6.71 Update followed by a few 6.80 Beta Updates for those in their PlayStation Preview Program, and today another PS4 System Software / Firmware 6.72 update went live with the changelog stating only "This system software update improves system performance." :sneaky:

:alert: As always DON'T UPDATE if you wish to use PS4 game backups and homebrew apps when a new jailbreak exploit arrives, and we'll add any related Tweets below as PlayStation 4 scene developers have a chance to examine it.

Download: PS4 Firmware 6.72 Update (US) / PS4 Firmware 6.72 Update (EU) / PS4 Firmware 6.72 Update (UK) / PS4 Firmware 6.72 Update (AU/NZ) / PS4 Firmware 6.72 Update (JP) / 672.zip (203 MB - 6.72 system modules. md0 system, system_ex and ShellCore) / kernel_dump_fw_672.rar (13.99 MB)

About PlayStation 4 system software version 6.72

Main features in version 6.72 update

• This system software update improves system performance.
:arrow: Here are some guides for those new on How to Block PS4 Firmware Updates, How to Delete Downloaded PS4 Update PUPs that haven't been installed yet, How to Update to a Specific PS4 Firmware and also some PS4 HEN Update Blocker Payloads.
From ChendoChap via PS4 Kernel Build Strings:
Code:
| CEX || 6.72 || r128004/release_branches/release_06.720 Jul  9 2019 05:42:32 || dumped
PS4 System Software  Firmware 6.72 Released, Don't Update!.jpg

Comments

No complains at all, someday the kex will come, i will enjoy all game and thats it. DEVs have life too, they dont owe us nothing. Cheers.

Damn it's so frustrating, I have a PS4 on 5.56 for over a year I believe, and I thought a new JB would come out, but instead my PS4 is just sitting there collecting dust and losing more and more of its value, and I think a whole lot of people are in the same situation.

I mean sure I get it the devs owe us absolutely nothing they're doing this for free and all of this but man the PS4 scene is garbage while I am still having fun with my 10 years old jailbroken PS3 because there is so much to do with all the homebrews and games but the PS4 scene is like dead and completely closed.

I want mods, I want Linux, I want games, I want homebrews and I've been waiting for over a year for that but NOTHING is happening.

People complaining about jailbreak, there are tons and tons of discounted games, jailbreaking is for devs and people who wants to mod and have fun not to backup games that devs put their life work for, grow up or get a PC

@Gwyn i highly doubt their exploit works on versions higher than 5.5X. These exploits are based on cve-implementations, unless they found a zero-day exploit in linux lernel which i highly doubt :)

These cve security vulnerabilities are being patched as soon as they become public, especially by sony.

So it still seems to me like pure egoism of devs, bragging about their accomplishments, but that's not my business.

@482877494 who knows man you could be right. I'm not in the know only the devs would know something like that. It could be anyone's guess what is truly happening behind the curtains. I'm only going with what is a logical explanation at this point. No one is going to believe what anyone says. Ever. Maybe they told the truth, maybe not.

Even if an exploit comes out and an explanation is given to why it took so long, would you believe them then over now just because it became public at that point in time?

My question is, what ever happened to the Aux Hax through the southbridge and HDMI? I thought that was going to be the answer to unlocking the PS4’s jailbreak for all firmwares.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back