Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello PSXHAX Members, today PS4 Developer Zecoxao shared a new PlayStation 4 tutorial proceeding his PS4 Version Spoof covering reading and writing to the PS4 process memory using proc_rwmem for those on a 1.76 Firmware console.

Previously, Peek and Poke support was added to PS4Link by PS4 Developer psxdev (Big Boss). This nice addition helps out to Read and Write to the PlayStation 4 process memory using the function "proc_rwmem".

The original credits goes to Wskeu and Wildcard, these individuals did the reading part and writing part of this tutorial you are about to read.

To roughly quote Zecoxao's tutorial: How to read and write to process memory using proc_rwmem

Credits (these go first):

Original authors: wskeu (for the reading part), and wildcard (for the writing part)

Requirements:
Steps:

1. Compile the payload. Specifically to what you want to patch, the size, etc. So, this:

Code:
/* set variables for reading and writing mem */
size_t dumphexsize = 0x200;
size_t dumpsize = 0x1; // size that you want to read
size_t writesize = 0x1; // size of the data you are overwriting
uint64_t base = start[0]; // use the number of the mapping you want to write to, starting with 0
size_t intoBase = 0x465FC9; // relative position of base
and this:
Code:
char *target = "SceShellCore";
2. Load elf-loader. Let it stabilize on stage 5. (To increase success rate, clear cookies, cache and history)

3. Load the payload. Specifically:
Code:
#listener
socat - TCP:my.ps4.ip:5052

#sender
socat -u FILE:path/to/rwmem TCP:my.ps4.ip:5053
4. This payload will take a while to listen to logs. Be patient. After a while it’ll show log output with the memory before and memory after.

Notes: This is process Peek and Poke (reading and writing to process memory) using proc_rwmem, which is more efficient than the old method.
Download: ce-32875-3(shellcore-patch-everyboot).elf (72.94 KB)
Download: ps4-playground+hito-elfldr.7z (8.17 MB)
Thanks to @B7U3 C50SS, @psik, @raedoob, @simobuoncuo, @toni1988 and @UmarDaBest559 for the heads-up in the PSXHAX Shoutbox! :thumbup:
Reading and Writing to PS4 Process Memory Using Proc_rwmem Guide.jpg

Comments

is there any other programs other than net cat or socat? im running off of a boot camp windows but socat crashes and net cat crashes after i try to connect to the ps4

i tried to sit down tonight when i finally had time and figure this out. would someone be able to help me with this? im getting the 328755 error.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back