Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge on Discord to access private areas with the latest PS4 FPKGs.
Category PS4 Guides and Tutorials       Thread starter HydrogenNGU       Start date Nov 28, 2016 at 12:05 PM       6,571       6            
Hello PSXHAX Members, today PS4 Developer Zecoxao shared a new PlayStation 4 tutorial proceeding his PS4 Version Spoof covering reading and writing to the PS4 process memory using proc_rwmem for those on a 1.76 Firmware console.

Previously, Peek and Poke support was added to PS4Link by PS4 Developer psxdev (Big Boss). This nice addition helps out to Read and Write to the PlayStation 4 process memory using the function "proc_rwmem".

The original credits goes to Wskeu and Wildcard, these individuals did the reading part and writing part of this tutorial you are about to read.

To roughly quote Zecoxao's tutorial: How to read and write to process memory using proc_rwmem

Credits (these go first):

Original authors: wskeu (for the reading part), and wildcard (for the writing part)

Requirements:
Steps:

1. Compile the payload. Specifically to what you want to patch, the size, etc. So, this:

Code:
/* set variables for reading and writing mem */
size_t dumphexsize = 0x200;
size_t dumpsize = 0x1; // size that you want to read
size_t writesize = 0x1; // size of the data you are overwriting
uint64_t base = start[0]; // use the number of the mapping you want to write to, starting with 0
size_t intoBase = 0x465FC9; // relative position of base
and this:
Code:
char *target = "SceShellCore";
2. Load elf-loader. Let it stabilize on stage 5. (To increase success rate, clear cookies, cache and history)

3. Load the payload. Specifically:
Code:
#listener
socat - TCP:my.ps4.ip:5052

#sender
socat -u FILE:path/to/rwmem TCP:my.ps4.ip:5053
4. This payload will take a while to listen to logs. Be patient. After a while it’ll show log output with the memory before and memory after.

Notes: This is process Peek and Poke (reading and writing to process memory) using proc_rwmem, which is more efficient than the old method.
Download: ce-32875-3(shellcore-patch-everyboot).elf (72.94 KB)
Download: ps4-playground+hito-elfldr.7z (8.17 MB)
Thanks to @B7U3 C50SS, @psik, @raedoob, @simobuoncuo, @toni1988 and @UmarDaBest559 for the heads-up in the PSXHAX Shoutbox! :thumbup:
Reading and Writing to PS4 Process Memory Using Proc_rwmem Guide.jpg

Comments

kudge

Developer
Contributor
is there any other programs other than net cat or socat? im running off of a boot camp windows but socat crashes and net cat crashes after i try to connect to the ps4

kudge

Developer
Contributor
i tried to sit down tonight when i finally had time and figure this out. would someone be able to help me with this? im getting the 328755 error.

Recent Articles
Is It, or Isn't? A PS4 Homebrew Game PKG Written in C++ by NKrapivin
Is it, or isn't? is indeed the latest PS4 homebrew game PKG written in C++ by @nkrapivindev (Nikita Krapivin on Twitter) for use on hacked aka Jailbroken PS4 Consoles. 😻 Download...
DualSense PS5 Controller on Windows via DS4Windows & DualSense Windows
Since the guide on How To Set Up a DualSense PS5 Controller on PC via Bluetooth or USB we have two more ways to get a DualSense PS5 Controller with Updatable Software running on Windows, the first...
The PS5 Scene Gets First PlayStation 5 Game Dumps by BigBlueBox!
We've seen official PS5 PKGs, raw PS5 Game RiPs, some more PS5 Game Images and today PlayStation 5 Scene release group BigBlueBox made available the first PS5 Game Dumps for those who enjoy...
PlayStation Black Friday 2020 is Live with Deals on Games & Subscriptions
Last week we shared some Black Friday 2020 Ad Scans, and this weekend Sony put live their PlayStation Black Friday 2020 featuring unmissable deals on PlayStation games including The Last of Us...