Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Jailbreaking       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Jan 3, 2018 at 12:38 AM       95      
Status
Not open for further replies.
We've covered the PS4 Full Debug Settings 4.05 Payload release, and today Tralala LS from French scene site Logic-Sunrise.com shared a video demo of Trypeur installing The Last of Us Remastered 1.06 PKG game update (see the PlayStation 4 Package (PKG) Finder and PS4 Package (PKG) Database for more) via Debug Menu on an Exploited PS4 4.05 console using Trypeur.96.lt. :)

This comes following how to Install PS4 PKG Files Using a Function vs Debug Settings and PlayStation 4 developer @flatz's demo of Custom Repacked PKG's, as the PS4 4.05 scene awaits Flat_z's Upcoming Release in hopes it will aid developers in porting code for running PS4 4.05 Game Dumps on jailbroken consoles.

To quote from their blog, roughly translated: "It is very hot right now on the PS4 scene with the famous kernel flaws of SpecterDev and all the payloads 4.05 that fall from the sky and the ability to boot linux. Debug menu now available simply with a payload, we see all the colors.

I recently noticed that it was possible to install game UPDATES with the PKG's installation menu on a previously installed game via a disc.

Be careful not to install an update requesting a firmware higher than 4.05, otherwise your game will start and you must erase your entire game to remove the update."
Update Game PS4 4.05 by Trypeur
How to Install Older PS4 Game Updates on Any PS4 7.02/7.50
Cheers go out to @bombob for sharing the video demo in the PSXHAX Shoutbox tonight! :beer:
Installing PS4 Game Updates on 4.05 via Debug Menu Demo by Trypeur.jpg

Comments

Yes.... I think that for updates of old games there isn't dependence of FW.. maybe for new games, dependence is possible (but not sure)

As pointed by uaegangster111 would be very interesting to test the performance/behavior of games NOT born for OLDER FIRMWARE...and i'm not talking of games likes Horizon (relatively old 4.07) but games born on FW 5.XX like i imagine would be the new GOD OF WAR...time will tell...exciting....:bananaman13:

There are some other links for PS4 PKG files HERE, in this case it appears he used the PSNStuffX database (another HERE) but that specific The Last of Us Remastered 1.06 PKG game update link is also posted HERE:
Hey there @PSXHAX I had a huge question and I hope you dont mind me asking. Trying not to be too nooby needy lol. But I went to that last link where the game updates and game packages are. I download single pkg files and got 1 installed, but it was locked, couldnt unlock it.

All other games from here come out unlocked. Then the split pkg file games. I get an error when installing them. Wont let me. Any advice by chance or knowledge of the matter. Thanks in advance.

Those are direct (copied) links from Sony's servers on eXtreme's site, so they aren't like the PKG's that are being released recently which are made for PS4HEN 4.05 use is my best guess why.

Ok so what you are saying is, when I open my webpage to (that exploit) and get the enjoy backups and homebrew msg. They should be unlocked. Because I did that and got nada. And now the webpage doesnt load anymore. Not sure if thats everytime you start ps4 or only have to do that 1 time.

Installing original packages won't work on PS4HEN. They need to be fake signed first, that's why pkgs from here work but (original) pkgs from that link that you mentioned don't.

Regarding split update pkgs, you have to merge them first before you can install them, you can use PKG Merge to do that. But it is unlikely that those will work because as far as I know, updates would also have to be fake signed first in order to work.

I'm saying to forget those on eXtreme's page of unmodded PKG's, and stick with those posted HERE that are confirmed as 'Tested' and working with 4.05 exploited consoles.

Really? I am yet to test and confirm this theory. I tried it with Project CARS, but the update failed to install for some reason.

I will try again tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back