Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Jailbreaking       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Jan 3, 2018 at 12:38 AM       95      
Status
Not open for further replies.
We've covered the PS4 Full Debug Settings 4.05 Payload release, and today Tralala LS from French scene site Logic-Sunrise.com shared a video demo of Trypeur installing The Last of Us Remastered 1.06 PKG game update (see the PlayStation 4 Package (PKG) Finder and PS4 Package (PKG) Database for more) via Debug Menu on an Exploited PS4 4.05 console using Trypeur.96.lt. :)

This comes following how to Install PS4 PKG Files Using a Function vs Debug Settings and PlayStation 4 developer @flatz's demo of Custom Repacked PKG's, as the PS4 4.05 scene awaits Flat_z's Upcoming Release in hopes it will aid developers in porting code for running PS4 4.05 Game Dumps on jailbroken consoles.

To quote from their blog, roughly translated: "It is very hot right now on the PS4 scene with the famous kernel flaws of SpecterDev and all the payloads 4.05 that fall from the sky and the ability to boot linux. Debug menu now available simply with a payload, we see all the colors.

I recently noticed that it was possible to install game UPDATES with the PKG's installation menu on a previously installed game via a disc.

Be careful not to install an update requesting a firmware higher than 4.05, otherwise your game will start and you must erase your entire game to remove the update."
Update Game PS4 4.05 by Trypeur
How to Install Older PS4 Game Updates on Any PS4 7.02/7.50
Cheers go out to @bombob for sharing the video demo in the PSXHAX Shoutbox tonight! :beer:
Installing PS4 Game Updates on 4.05 via Debug Menu Demo by Trypeur.jpg

Comments

I really hope there is a method to just pack the update package with fakesign in the near future. I am not willing to update the game if I need to download the original 40G just for 1.01 ... usually update are minor, but its' to fix online / network play, which we can't do anyway if we are jb. Only thing we will be missing out are the dlc. Which if we get the "definitive edition" , "goty", "ultimate" or whatever you want to call it, usually contains all DLC.

Correct. but that too include a Bug fix ? i can see few game play are like frosted glass like screen , images are rough not smooth . is this cuz of we are on 4.05 ?? or the games graphic is like that only ?

Download it, there's a guide in the Readme.

To dump separate game and update pkgs, set split=2 or 3 in dumper.cfg and copy it to your USB disk root. split=2 dumps the update only and split=3 dumps the the game and update into 2 different folders to be able to create separate pkgs.

split=0 dumps game and update into same folder to create 1 pkg that contains game+update and split=1 dumps the game only without the update to create a pkg of v01.00 of the game.

Ok this may help me a lil bit I have about 30 games purchased with updates on my ps4 yet when upgrading my hdd they are now locked.

I dont have anyway to reactivate ps4 as primary to unlock them so is there anyway I can bring them over to pc and resign them, then reinstall, that will unlock them with the latest update i originally had?? PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS.

Have you tried to clone your drive 1:1 or what did you do exactly?

And is anyone preserving the currently available download links for the latest updates or the actual latest game update .pkgs to the currently latest firmwares (5.01 - 5.05) ? I mean, new updates will arrive, new firmwares and so on and the problem is that only the latest updates are listed on the database sites, upcoming updates/download links will replace the currently available.

I know there is no point for us on 4.05 firmwares to have the newest updates but what when for example in near future firmware 6.0 gets released and at the same time game updates which will require minimum lets say 5.8 - 6.0 firmwares and what if only the public kernel exploit for the 5.01 firmware would be available by then? There is no guarantee that we will ever see exploits for upcoming firmwares. Thats why im asking you that....

One more thing, does Sony removes the updates/links for previous firmwares when new gets released?

There's a Sticky in the PS4HEN section with some game updates, but as newer ones come out like you mentioned most of the popular databases retain only the latest.

You're correct also, Sony removes the older Firmware updates when newer ones come out from their servers... but there are many sites with those archived for example HERE or HERE.

erhm sorry :cry: I meant to say "updates for games".

I know we cant find very old updates for PS4 games but does Sony remove them over time (outdated updates) when new gets released or just not providing download links for old updates (hiding them) without actually removing the old updates from their servers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back