Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Jailbreaking       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Oct 24, 2016 at 3:37 AM       103      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Today at the GeekPwn 2016 Carnival in Shanghai Station the Pavilion Safety Research Lab shared a PS4 4.01 Linux installation / Ksploit demonstration exploit video via Chinese site Changting Technology Security Lab! :D

In the video they navigate their PS4 Web browser to http://chaitin.cn/ps4 which currently just shows their video instead of their 'Sony PlayStation4 Jailbreak' so hopefully more details on this PS4 jailbreak method will follow soon! :ninja:

Check it out below with some related Tweets from Joonie86, who also notes they played Mario using an NES emulator as follows:

Thanks to @mcmrc1 for sharing the news in the PSXHAX Shoutbox! :cool:
PS4 4.01 Linux Installation  Ksploit Demo at GeekPwn 2016.png

GeoHotz PS4 Jailbreak.jpg

Sony PlayStation4 Jailbreak.jpg

Comments

Not seen the event video yet, but was the kexploit run live there or was it a replay of that vid?

If run live, then I assume the traffic could have been sniffed by whoever was in charge of the event Internet connection. I know I would have!

It's not fake .... BUT they probably looking for some business with Sony ....

just take a look who they are and what is their job at their web page in translator chaitin.cn

So don't expect something from them .... But I think there are groups that may have

That wouldn't shock me either, if they're playing the whitehat hacker role and want to make Sony aware so that it can be patched in exchange for some bug bounty reward perhaps. :hushedface:

• Well I hope you are correct. :) and hopefully i'm wrong! just saying i tcould be real now makes me sound foolish of my self i don't want to get caught in my own words.
  • because i said i thought it was bs on playstationhax.xyz but, if it does turn out to be real and, i hope you are right yet again; then i'm glad to be here. and it'll most likely lead to dongles let's find out by doing the one thing i hate the most. (waiting.) XD

That wouldn't shock me either, if they're playing the whitehat hacker role and want to make Sony aware so that it can be patched in exchange for some type of bug bounty reward perhaps. :hushedface:
And let's be honest. if they are playing the same card as CturtE then i can say.. i can sort of imagine that. IF it's real... just so many things about that video seemed like a commercial and i don't even understand the Chinese.

bug bounty? i mean okay.. let's not let our imaginations take us away though? i guess we have to wait and see if people like GaryOpa reach out and start producing dongles again because you know and god knows that's his business. I'n just still kinda skeptical. @PSXHAX Right, you told me something on twitter. something about a rumor can you explain in more detail?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back