Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Jul 22, 2020 at 8:43 AM       290      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Proceeding the 7.02 PS4 KEX, 6.72 PS4 Webkit Port, 6.72 PS4 Payloads and the 6.72 PS4JB Exploit today PlayStation 4 developer @MODDEDWARFARE returns via Twitter with PS4 Backporter v1.4 tool for backporting 6.72 to 5.05 FPKG Games alongside a new demo video below from his YouTube Channel and more updates! šŸ˜

Download: PS4 Backporter v1.4.zip (76.5 MB)

Spoiler: Depreciated

This comes following the PS4 6.72 to 5.05 Backporting Tutorial, SELFUtil by Znullptr, PS4 RiPKiT/Modding/Cheat/BackPort Tool and EZ PS4 Downporter utility for backporting 6.72 games to run on 5.05 Firmware with a Jailbroken console.

Here are some PS4 Backporter v1.0.exe notes from his Tweets below:
  • Still very much work in progress and has a few bugs. Will release a new version later. A known bug right now is that you can't set the output path to the root of the drive. If you do it wont save the final pkg file.

• Also won't work with EA titles right now. Due to all the extra patching that's needed to get those games working.

• Drag pkg file into "input pkg file". Click the button.
And from the Readme.txt: PS4 Backport Tool By Modded_Warfare

This tool includes and makes use of:
You must have installed:
These are required for the tool to work correctly ^^^
Installers are included in this zip file.

Backporting Tool
Backport 6.72 PS4 Games to 5.05 (Easy Method)
PS4 Backporter v1.0 for 6.72 to 5.05 FPKG Games by MODDED WARFARE.jpg

Comments

@Sharingannn sorry I donā€™t have a better answer but the fact that the install goes up to 107.2GB from 90 something and the update history in options says 1.13 is good enough for me to think it is indeed on 1.13. Not to sure what changes are in the game.

@S0L4RiS I plan on trying to manually do Fifa 20 as there is more files that need to be modified that isnā€™t currently being done by PS4 Backporter. If I attempt I will report back results. Maybe NFS needs to be treated in a similar way. Havenā€™t seen anything but reports of save issue

@kylum I found an answer to my question; to know what version of Read Dead Redemption 2 you are running, you should look at the bottom-right screen just after the game launching.

If it says "Version 1099-25" it means you are running v1.0 (base game), if it says "Version 1207-20" then you are running the updated v1.13 (last patch for FX 6.72).

There is a common bug I kept encoutnering with RDR2 on my PS4 Pro with the v1.13 backported updated; the game crashes when you try to start the story mode if you are in 4k display. It seems this is not the only backported game that crashes on PS4 Pro when 4k mode is enabled.

It is interesting to note that the Base Game fix (v1.01) works fine on 4k. Maybe developers like the great @MODDEDWARFARE can take the 4k enabling feature in the backporting tools especially for game updates...

I also seize this (long) post to thank you @MODDEDWARFARE for your excellent work and contribution to the PS4 JB scene.

@UltimateDragon That depends on how it was written. some Py2 is broken by the Py3 updates. For example,
Python:
print "string"
and
Python:
print("string")
are both interpret-able by Py2.6+
While in Py3+
Python:
print("string")
is required as
Python:
print "string"
throws a syntax error.

@Baku86 I can confirm that installing base RDR2 game + Installing backport patch for base game works and after I've installed 1.13 update file and backport patch for base game it did worked but i did not had time to test the game completely and just played a few seconds after i take the control of Morgan on the horse.

RDR2 worked for me Base Game + 5.05 Fix + Update 1.13 fix only
Or its also working Base Game + Update 1.13 fix Only
Edit: Base PS4 - Hen 2.1.2 Al-Azif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back