Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Jailbreaking       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Apr 27, 2016 at 7:39 PM       162      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just over a week ago we heard rumors of accessing the PS4 Debug Mode Settings on retail PlayStation 4 consoles, and today scene developer CTurt confirmed it's now possible to access the PS4 Dev Menu on 1.76 retail units thanks to Flat_z! :D

Download: Enable Dev Menu / PS4-dlclose.zip / PS4-debugmenu.bin (1.0 MB Compiled) via fx0day / PS4-debugmenu.bin (1.0 MB Compiled) via Di_Scala_ / Tutorial by Chaos Kid / PS4-dlclose GIT

From Stuart Fox via Facebook comes a video demo also.

:arrow: Update: From lezek20 also comes code to enable the more advanced debug menu (dlclose.bin (1.00 MB) compiled by ultradogg), to quote:
Code:
*(char *)0xFFFFFFFF833242FD = 0x81;
Just add it into the kernel payload before this part:
Code:
writeCr0(cr0);
:alert: This could brick your console btw, so be careful!

:arrow: Update #2: From @j0lama with help from @sealab (Demo video: jgoake.mp4 - 43 MB) via Twitter:
Download: Fully-Enable-Debug-Settings.bin (1 MB)
Code:
Fully enable Debug Settings:
*(uint32_t*) 0xFFFFFFFF8269C07Cull=0;
*(uint32_t*) 0xFFFFFFFF8269B56Full=0;
Thanks to B7U3 C50SS and GrimDoe in the Shoutbox for the heads-up! :)
PS4 Dev Menu 1.jpg

PS4 Dev Menu 2.jpg

PS4 Dev Menu 3.jpg

Comments

supporting ppc 64 for endianess on the system..
Yes and also looks like they are using aix aswel.
If your setup and have copied the files from a ppc you can do it under any system but those files are required for top level support. I did check out the difference with xlc/c++ with standard ppc compiler and they are not much different as to build anything on ppc don't require xlc/c++ but when you use i686 system it's needed.

PPC uses altivec with hw and software mixed with your floating points which is y you don't need xlc but windows or intel machines don't have that so we need to maintain the endianess aswel as the asm n whatnot to achieve support of crossing

Yes and also looks like they are using aix aswel.
If your setup and have copied the files from a ppc you can do it under any system but those files are required for top level support. I did check out the difference with xlc/c++ with standard ppc compiler and they are not much different as to build anything on ppc don't require xlc/c++ but when you use i686 system it's needed.

PPC uses altivec with hw and software mixed with your floating points which is y you don't need xlc but windows or intel machines don't have that so we need to maintain the endianess aswel as the asm n whatnot to achieve support of crossing
still here but im going to destroy that tracker thats on here

still here but im going to destroy that tracker thats on here
I'm working on a script and this one's nasty and no wonder cobra codnt figure it out its damn right nerve bending
They used 2.0 cuz all the files were there and this one have to build from scratch so modified the build and all the scripts that to match of a regular compiler except has all the options for crossing with the added missing stuff

Once the script bypass the code...I hope it can work for the rest.
Do you even know what kind of script I am talking about?
It's a specific compiler except I'm chaining all the ones I use together into one massive chain and if you followed have followed the scene you shod know what base is used for everything uptil ps4

It's probably a dumb question.. is it pemanent or does it need to be lauched everytime the ps4 reboots?
If permanent do you have any reason to think this this will keep working after eventually update to the lastest firmware available today?

Did you try messing around a little with the "System Update" item and related to see if we can somehow manage to perform a software downgrade?

It's probably a dumb question.. is it pemanent or does it need to be lauched everytime the ps4 reboots?
If permanent do you have any reason to think this this will keep working after eventually update to the lastest firmware available today?

Did you try messing around a little with the "System Update" item and related to see if we can somehow manage to perform a software downgrade?
I'm in this for Linux only and my script is every toolchain in one if you even know what that is. When I spoke of low base I'm referring to the lowest base basically for the lowest compiler to build on and chaining each one together.

If you followed what @Soren n I were talking about earlier in here speaking about endianess and of ppc and headers you wod understand how all this is done

Ugh.... now i can check to see what key is being used
to exploit dumping... :noexpression:
this is all being done thru mm
Correct but....
There is also another way
Also you may want to take another look at opensnow it's quite something I have a few ideas myself for this one some goods you may like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back