Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Jailbreaking       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Apr 27, 2016 at 7:39 PM       162      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just over a week ago we heard rumors of accessing the PS4 Debug Mode Settings on retail PlayStation 4 consoles, and today scene developer CTurt confirmed it's now possible to access the PS4 Dev Menu on 1.76 retail units thanks to Flat_z! :D

Download: Enable Dev Menu / PS4-dlclose.zip / PS4-debugmenu.bin (1.0 MB Compiled) via fx0day / PS4-debugmenu.bin (1.0 MB Compiled) via Di_Scala_ / Tutorial by Chaos Kid / PS4-dlclose GIT

From Stuart Fox via Facebook comes a video demo also.

:arrow: Update: From lezek20 also comes code to enable the more advanced debug menu (dlclose.bin (1.00 MB) compiled by ultradogg), to quote:
Code:
*(char *)0xFFFFFFFF833242FD = 0x81;
Just add it into the kernel payload before this part:
Code:
writeCr0(cr0);
:alert: This could brick your console btw, so be careful!

:arrow: Update #2: From @j0lama with help from @sealab (Demo video: jgoake.mp4 - 43 MB) via Twitter:
Download: Fully-Enable-Debug-Settings.bin (1 MB)
Code:
Fully enable Debug Settings:
*(uint32_t*) 0xFFFFFFFF8269C07Cull=0;
*(uint32_t*) 0xFFFFFFFF8269B56Full=0;
Thanks to B7U3 C50SS and GrimDoe in the Shoutbox for the heads-up! :)
PS4 Dev Menu 1.jpg

PS4 Dev Menu 2.jpg

PS4 Dev Menu 3.jpg

Comments

We all have to start somewhere n honestly every1 is a noob as we always constantly learn I trained myself to see data different then most using hw /sw and designing things for methods into systems. Member as humans we can do anything we set our minds too (if there's a will there's a way).
Absolutely my view of things!!
Member these units are not much different then the Ps3 except the amount of process power and the FPU to make an x64 system and samu for encryption engine. But keep in mind everything is exploitable it's all how the user does it.
Thank you soo much. Perhaps I buy a friends ps4 on 2.03 or 2.05 ... Never had a ps4 :) ( but also the time I spend on playing games on the ps3 is not even 5% of the time i spend on hmm how can i say it, enjoying to test some stuff ;)
Rip a single hole security weakens rip a massive hole and the system is defenceless
Ugh do I hate devs who like to manipulate and use it to an advantage here let me turn your work around to reveal data! Besides on the system kernel uses a nice little rpm packet sniffer which is also used in cobra work
There will always be those, who wanna make profit. But luckily these are exact those people, who stuck on their current state of things (or better said their current state of think - ing)

With much respect
Blade

I have a ps4 on fw 3.15 and won't even bother wasting my time using what they did cuz there tools are manipulated and when you compile a kernel the first thing it does is bends the kernel out of whack. 2nd they use the tool to monitor cuz with this kind of manipulation you get data output and last the machine is not an Intel it's a mipsel + FPU using x64 arch which is stated how it works on mipsel and will destroy the processor trying to emulate a instruction set not designed for.
It's a glorified ppc with a nice toolchain using fpga with protection control and control on the ram.
I know the newer ppc use SSE N SSE2 support as stated in the processor manual.
Kernel-2.6.32
Gcc-4.70

https://github.com/grantae/mips32r1_xum/tree/master/Documentation/MIPS

Just wanted to say HI to Chaos Kid - Been a fan since the Amiga dayz lol. I wish someone would listen to you and pick up on your "tips"..

How things work is alot different in today's society you can judge a man by his actions and knowledge but I don't expect anything from any1. Learning my tips and tricks and how I do things is alot different then most and have yrs of knowledge in R.E n electronics n PC's and alot more I won't get into.
I'm no different then any1 else here or in the powers group except I don't think of myself as one of the best devs I do it cuz I enjoy what I do for development only I'm no fame seeker n nor will I ever be.
Take care
Chaos Kid

now you idiots have severely done yourselves in.
>_<

ironic you have a moron working from the inside shelfing other ppls hard work off as your own. :noexpression:
  • Spartan 6 XC6SLX9 FPGA
  • 84 digital IO pins
  • 8 analog inputs
  • 8 general purpose LEDs
  • 1 LED to show when the FPGA is correctly configured
  • On board voltage regulation that can handle 4.8-12V
  • ATmega32U4 used for configuring the FPGA, USB communications, and reading the analog pins
  • On board flash memory to store the FPGA configuration file.

now you idiots have severely done yourselves in.
>_<

ironic you have a moron working from the inside shelfing other ppls hard work off as your own. :noexpression:
  • Spartan 6 XC6SLX9 FPGA
  • 84 digital IO pins
  • 8 analog inputs
  • 8 general purpose LEDs
  • 1 LED to show when the FPGA is correctly configured
  • On board voltage regulation that can handle 4.8-12V
  • ATmega32U4 used for configuring the FPGA, USB communications, and reading the analog pins
  • On board flash memory to store the FPGA configuration file.
Now this is the first clue cobra will release either a dangle or a ode. Fpga with a teens dev board hooked I use a raspberry pi and analyzer n? for pin outs for comm

they must really be needing a quick fix to be increasing all this pressure....
i dont know some of these ppl shouldnt be hired let alone do some of the managment

Hey Chaos Kid, just wondering, which homebrews did you release in the past? You seem to know a lot about what hacks do and what not.
I remember the Amiga Intros and SNES and SEGA Roms I ran with my WildCard backup unit using old school 3.5 HHD floppies lol. Chaos Kid would tick across the screen.

I'm pretty sure we are able to access the APU and not just stay jailed in the ARM AUX processor side... On 1.76
I do understand however that fail0ver linux is not yet publicly available compiledf yet which has some rudimentry radeon access.
Chaos Kid, Are you saying we are deliberatley being fed current exploits to keep us away from the real meat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back