Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Following his Making Mods with PS4 Cheater Tutorial, PlayStation 4 developer @MODDEDWARFARE announced via Twitter he's updated his YouTube Channel today with a guide on handling PS4 Fake PKG (FPKG) game updates containing a mismatched Title ID / Region Patch. :geek:

This comes proceeding How to Get / Merge PS4 Game PKG Updates, Adding PS4 Game Updates in Packages, a PS4 PKG Repackager for Fake Updates, Dumping PS4 DLC, Game Updates & Themes, How to Build PS4 Game & Separate Update FPKGs, Repacking PS4 Game Updates Manually by Hand, a PS4 Fake PKG Update Repackager Script and How to Change PS4 DLC Region for FPKG Games Tutorial for those who missed them.

Updating a Fake PKG Game with a Mismatched Title ID/Region Patch

How to update a game using a patch designed for a different Title ID or Region.
Summary of the steps in the video by Pacm9n:
  • Extract all the files / folders from the update into CUSAxxxxx-patch.
  • Copy the Sc0 contents to Image0/sce_sys. Delete the Sc0 folder, then move the contents of Image0 to CUSAxxxxx-patch. Delete the Image0 folder.
  • Replace the update's param.sfo with the one from the original game
  • Edit this param.sfo in the following way: Go down to around 300h, and change the version to the version of the update (ex: 01.00 to 01.22)
  • Change gd to gp
  • Save it (and also copy it to a safe place to use later after we generate the .gp4 file)
  • Change the CUSA ID in the nptitle.dat to that of the original game.
  • Create the project file (the .gp4) with gengp4.exe (click Generate .GP4)
  • Then, click the GP4 tab and change "pkg_ps4_app" to "pkg_ps4_patch" and "digital50" to "digital25"
  • Save the file (click Save .GP4)
  • Copy the saved param.sfo from earlier and overwrite the one in the patch folder (this is because gengp4 has changed the edited values back to the original ones)
  • Create a new update package with orbis-pub-gen.exe.
  • Click Command -> Project Setting -> Package: Make sure Storage Type says 25GB
  • Build the package in the usual way.
How to Install Older PS4 Game Updates on Any PS4 7.02/7.50
Installing PS4 Games, DLC & Updates (PS4 6.72 Jailbreak)
Installing Retail Updates on a Jailbroken PS4 (6.72 or Lower!)
PS4 FPKG Game Updates with Mismatched Title ID  Region Patch Guide.jpg

Comments

@BigWadger unless you have the disc lol.
I’ve been wanting the scene to create just a update only place as there is a games place already. Now we can as it doesn’t matter the tittle or region it seems I have already started “collecting updates”

I'm trying to update DB Xenoverse 2 CUSA05088-eur 1.00 with update from CUSA05350-usa 1.15

First try gave me a darkscreen after game boot logo

now, can we apply this to a game title? say change the title id too? i would like to change the title id to match a trainer, i know locations may be different but it never hurts to try, (the ps3 you could do this and most of time it would work, but this is a ps4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back