Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date May 3, 2022 at 1:37 AM       5      
Status
Not open for further replies.
PS4Scene Developer @jocover updated Github earlier with a PS4 Hardware Dolby TrueHD Decoder PKG and source code to decode Dolby TrueHD to Linear PCM audio data on a Jailbroken PS4 console. :music:

Download: IV0000-BREW03085_00-DOLBYTRUEHDDEC00.pkg (6.31 MB - v1.0.1) / GIT

Spoiler: Depreciated

Changelog:

v1.0.1

• support for decoding audio from network
:arrow: Here are some previous audio-related topics for those joining recently (sorted by date with the oldest first) alongside details from the included README.md below:
PS4 hardware Dolby TrueHD decoder

Decode Dolby TrueHD to Linear PCM audio data

How to export TrueHD file
Code:
ffmpeg -i filename -map 0:a:0 -c:a copy -bsf:a truehd_core sample.thd
How to decode and play Dolby TrueHD audio on PlayStation 4
Code:
ffmpeg -re -i filename -map 0:a:0 -c:a copy -bsf:a truehd_core -f truehd udp://PS4_IP:7721
Cheers to MSZ_MGS for the heads-up on this via Twitter earlier! 🍻
PS4 Hardware Dolby TrueHD Decoder PKG by Jocover Released.png

Comments

Nice!

For people unsure, some home surround sound systems can't decode DTHD Audio, highest quality would be Dolby Surround Sound or Linear PCM such as the PS4. My gaming headset can do Dolby and L/PCM but not DTHD, but with this pkg my PS4 will/should be able to decode it and convert it to Linear PCM which my headset can output.

In short, allows for highest quality audio to be played from the PS4.

PS4 supports AC3 , DTS , DDP, TrueHD, DTS-HD decoding, AC3 and TrueHD based on hardware, other based on software

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back