Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Jailbreaking       Thread starter stooged       Start date Feb 23, 2018 at 7:49 AM       260      
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been messing around with trying to get my VR headset to work with 4.05 for a little while, and because the VR headset is updated to the latest firmware it wouldn't work.

Just recently @XVortex pointed out you can poke a memory value to sort of spoof the system firmware version, so I tried what he said and put together a Enable_VR.bin payload (load the HEN payload and then load the VR payload because the Web exploit will say invalid import map, or use this idc.zip modified IDC exploit to launch it as I have added the 5.05 sections so it does not complain about import map) to poke the offset and found it allowed my VR headset to work.

:arrow: Update: Ok I sorted out the problem and merged the enable VR mod into XVortex's HEN 1.3 so you can now just run this 1 HEN payload and play VR with the source code below:

Download: ps4-hen-VR.zip (0.01 MB) / ps4-hen-VR.tar.gz (0.05 MB - Source Code) / usb_hen_vr.zip (0.03 MB - for USB Stick) / Ps4_Serve_v1_8.apk / Enable_VR_455.zip / usb_455_vr_enable.zip (0.02 MB) / ps4-hen-VR.zip (0.01 MB) / Enable-VR-50X

I only have 1 VR game to test on at the moment as I have to download the VR games now, but it is Resident Evil 7 and its working with my latest updated VR 3.10 and 4.05 + HEN.

Huge thanks to @XVortex, as you can see this is my VR information:

PS4 HEN Enable Updated PlayStation VR Payload with Source Code.jpg

And this is the game running on VR:

PS4 HEN Enable Updated PlayStation VR Payload with Source Code 2.jpg

Tested a few more VR games and all works well:

Rush of Blood:

PS4 HEN Enable Updated PlayStation VR Payload with Source Code 3.jpg

VR Worlds:

PS4 HEN Enable Updated PlayStation VR Payload with Source Code 4.jpg

Arkham VR:

PS4 HEN Enable Updated PlayStation VR Payload with Source Code 5.jpg

Comments

I guess I will update the android app with the silently updated payloads and see if people report any changes to the issues with the rewrite on the webkit.

@DEFAULTDNB

the .js payloads are just the .bin payloads converted into a script that can be loaded with javascript.

you would have to edit the original bin payloads source to add the message and then convert the bin to js

@stooged the old version payload seem most stable for me, but the new seem to cause more freeze or reboot. I think payload needs more work, specifically userland.js?

@stooged include me in your reports. I get freezes when games are loading. Any ideas for it? Should we stick with the old or do you have a modified one that prevents freeze.

@DEFAULTDNB are you saying that Al-Azif is already using the silently updated payloads that were posted by @XVortex 2 days ago? I was going to ping him and tell him about it but maybe I don't need to if he's already using them.

I'm wondering why @XVortex updated the payloads silently keeping the same version instead of releasing new versions.

It is bad practice to change a release and keep the same version. 2 files that have the same version should always be identical.

@mschumacher69

I put them into the android app this morning and Sergii reported back that the games still hang using the rewrite of userland and hen posted 2 days ago on xvortex github.

@mschumacher69 @stooged

Al-Azif cobbled together qwertys new version and distributed the userland.js via discord minutes after qwertys release.

Here: userland.js

When vortex updated his, I downloaded and md5'd (as I do ;)) and they match.

Last night it took 5 attempts and 4 hard resets to load HEN and get a game running; not a fan of this new implementation.

Its starting to look like its better to use the old userland.js.

While the new one runs first time it seems to cause issues when playing games.
The old one is harder to load and you get the generic memory error alot but once its loaded it seems more stable for people playing games.

@stooged I get this error using the new userland.js. Used android, pc, azif dns. Using all of them gets this error without fail on FIRST fresh boot. After pressing OK, and redo will get a successful load but games gets frozen.

rsJQ7kV.jpg

Maybe this error is a clue.

I don't get this error AT ALL using the old userland.js

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back