Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since his YouTube Issues PlayStation 4 homebrew developer @MODDEDWARFARE returns releasing on Twitter a PS4 Patch Builder application used for building modded Update Packages (PKGs) alongside a video tutorial on his YouTube Channel! :pumpkin: 🦇 🌕 🧛‍♂️

He states the new PlayStation 4 Patch Builder tool makes it both quicker and easier to create / build modded update PKG files for PS4 games than the previous update package methods. 🧟‍♂️ 🧟‍♀️ 🍖🦴

Download: Patch_Builder_v1.3.3.zip (26.17 MB) / RAD Video Tools

Spoiler: Depreciated

For those interested, some previous PKG methods include Adding PS4 Game Updates in Packages, a PS4 PKG Repackager for FPKG Updates, another PS4 Fake PKG Update Repackager Script and handling PS4 FPKG Game Updates with Mismatched Title ID / Region Patch.

Check out his latest PS4 Patch Builder tutorial video below:

PS4 Patch Builder Release/Tutorial
Installing PS4 Games, DLC & Updates (PS4 6.72 Jailbreak)
Installing Retail Updates on a Jailbroken PS4 (6.72 or Lower!)
PS4 Patch Builder for Building Modded Update PKGs by MODDED WARFARE.jpg

Comments

Hello again @MODDEDWARFARE, Seems i'm addict to modding games now :love:

I wanna create mod for No Man's Sky but need your help. But there's 2 problems first there is a NMS.ini about 25 MB I can't open that with notpad 2nd NMS mods with .pak format that I can't extract that with PAKexplorer.

Do you have idea PLZ?
Tnx again

Hi @MODDEDWARFARE , in windows 10 64bit, after dragging the image0 folder on project location textbox the "update version" box change to "100,01" instead of "1.01", then the error after build a package:
Code:
[Debug] 2019-12-03 16:15:00 Create image Process started. 
[Error] Format of the param file is not valid. (sce_sys/param.sfo, unexpected Application Version (APP_VER)) 
[Debug] nptitle.dat: NP Title file. 
[Error] 2019-12-03 16:15:02 Create image Process finished with error(s).
After Settings -> clear project the "update version" box change to "1," instead of "1.00" any solution? thanks

My error code 😭

Code:
[Debug]    2020-01-03 14:50:52 Create image Process started.
[Debug]    nptitle.dat: NP Title file.
[Debug]    (online check) THX to flat_z and cfwprophet!         
[Warn]    ( SocraticBliss & TheRadziu ) Hacked Version
[Warn]    (online check) *** Version 02.508 may or may not be used for master submission. (Hacked Version)
[Debug]    (online check) THX to flat_z and cfwprophet!         
[Warn]    ( SocraticBliss & TheRadziu ) Hacked Version
[Warn]    (online check) Publishing Tools Version 3.38 may or may not be used for master submission. (Hacked Version)
[Debug]    icon0.png: 512x512/24bit.
[Error]    Could not create system file. (icon0_08.dds)
[Error]    2020-01-03 14:51:10 Create image Process finished with error(s).

Update version always goes up by 0.01 even when ya dont want it to.
Display installed game size will show 400+ and other big sized when they are not.

Besides these two issues this is a good tool

@Vicodin5 It's meant to increment by 0.01. If it didn't and someone forgot to increment it manually it wouldn't patch the game as the version wouldn't be higher than the original.

I'm not sure what's causing the incorrect file size reading but it doesn't seem to affect anything. The system storage still calculates the correct free space in system storage. But if I find the cause I will fix it in a future update.

I thought you were still able to install a patch over the same update version as long as it's the same or higher.

For example I have a game patch 1.11 installed and I want to install another patch or cht patch I can use same 1.11 without having to increment by 0.01.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back