Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS Vita CFW and Hacks       Thread starter Wultra       Start date Aug 18, 2016 at 3:46 PM       58      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Vita CID.PNG

PlayStation Vita hacker Major_Tom just released VitaCID, a tool that gives you access to your Vita Console ID (the equivalent of PS3's IDPS).

What is VitaCID?
VitaCID is a tool that runs on a HENkaku-enabled PS Vita (currently Vita firmware 3.60 only). It retrieves your Vita's console ID and writes it in a file at the root of your Vita System (that you can later on retrieve for example via FTP).

Currently the tool is of little use for the vast majority of users, but it is expected that we’ll see “Console activation” homebrews released soon, that will let you activate a 3.60 Vita without having to update. Pretty useful for those of us who ended up with their hacked Vita deactivated, for any reason.

Get your vita CID (IDPS + PSID) and save it in ux0:CID.bin. Useful to activate your vita.

A sample activation script can be found on the VitaDevWiki. People with the relevant skills should be able to turn this into a self contained homebrew fairly soon.

Download VitaCID
You can download VitaCID from the developer's GITHub here.

To install & run, please note that you will need to have a PS Vita running firmware 3.60 with the HENkaku hack.​

Source: Wololo.net

Comments

1.) Why would his 'brother' use his account ?
2.) Why would his 'brother' post news as him.
3.) Why are he and his 'brother' post EXACTLY the same ?

That is not even the same thing, @STLcardsWS removed a link to a criminal website, that is different than not sourcing properly >.<

When i first joined here, i made a remark along the lines off 'Will i be banned from here too'
You replied with that things will be different here, well it doesn't look like it with STL being banned :/
Will i be next(again) ?
He was temp banned for giving me grief and his behaviour

Selling of console ids and posting of its services is a common rule in place at various scene forums and communities. As the rule is there to protect user's from potential scams as there can be alot that are associated with those services.

If you are front-paging this news, its on you to verify some of the data, you changed the links from wololo to psxhax. I think that would of been a tip off? Or was it his brother that changed his links?

Also, wtf is the authour doing asking for donations?This article would still suggest he was the author and when clearly he is not.. I would re-write, remove, or simply make very clear it not written by him but wololo.. Especially when this guy is asking for donations in his sig lol
So according to your warped logic, you can steal people's content and then remove their credit link because you feel the source is a potential scam site?

That makes absolutely no sense, again if you're using their content you need to be linking to the original source... or simply remove their content if you don't feel comfortable linking to them.

As for the internal keyword links, do you know anything about mainstream media and journalism? All sites that report news link to their own related stories within their articles, this is the industry standard to keep viewers browsing through a site longer.

At the bottom of the article the author linked to the source so unless you're illiterate it's quite clear Wololo.net was infact the source.

We'll be adding News Posting Guidelines for all the authors to follow later on tonight so that everyone is on the same page.

I am looking retarded? :)
Yes, you most certainly are! :D

So, PSXHAX is editing and adding the links.? So, he replaced the wololo links with his own and saw it was cut copy and pasted then as the wololo links were there. Or he conveniently picked the same exact words to highlight and link. Seems a little fishy to me ...
Nothing 'fishy' about it at all, read my reply above... you even do it on your own site. :p

If you're upset that we chose to highlight the same keywords as a source did that only makes sense in most cases as if 'PS4 Firmware 3.55' is mentioned we would naturally want to link to our PS4 Firmware 3.55 article in case viewers want to read more about it... we wouldn't pick a different keyword for our 'PS4 Firmware 3.55' article because THAT wouldn't make sense.

I still have little respect for you if you're fine with using other sites content and not linking back to them just because you feel their site is a 'criminal' website as @GregoryRasputin put it... it's not for you, him, me or anyone to decide that.

The ethics of journalism dictate that if content from another site is on your own you should credit them for it properly not utter excuses for removing their link but keeping their work... or simply remove the stolen content you don't feel comfortable linking to the source of.
That is not even the same thing, @STLcardsWS removed a link to a criminal website, that is different than not sourcing properly >.<

When i first joined here, i made a remark along the lines off 'Will i be banned from here too'
You replied with that things will be different here, well it doesn't look like it with STL being banned :(
Will i be next(again) ?
We definitely have a difference on opinion about this then, see my response HERE on it.

I'm sure you wouldn't like it if a site took content from yours, posted it on theirs, and removed the credit link because they didn't feel PlayStationHax.it was safe to link to for whatever reason (for example, profanity)... it's not for them to judge, if they are using your content they should be linking to you as the source. Makes sense, right? :)

And I didn't ban anyone here, if a Moderator did it's on them but it looks like @STLcardsWS isn't banned anyway.

If anyone gets banned unjustly by a Moderator either email us or let us know in the infraction section and we'll look into it ASAP, reverse the bans where necessary and warn/de-Mod whoever is issuing false bans just to abuse their powers here.

I'm sure you wouldn't like it if a site took content from yours, posted it on theirs, and removed the credit link because they didn't feel PlayStationHax.it was safe to link to for whatever reason (for example, profanity)

lol i have forgotten how many times it has happened, for instance, when i was on PS3HaX, a certain site would rip off my news, especially the exclusive news and not source(Think you know who i am talking about :p), then when i made PlayStationHaX Pirate thought it would be super mature to block links to my site :D
Places don't do it as much as they used too, even sites who don't like me link to my forum, just as i link to some sites i do not like, though i have my limits, i won't link to backups related sites.

I rarely delete anything and no sites are blocked, if the exact same site was linked on my forum i would have removed the link and put the thread in the bin, removing the link wouldn't matter either as i wouldn't be using it on the front page and it wouldn't be used in any way on the forum.

There are some circumstances where links should be removed, links to dangerous websites, such as i believe that one that @STLcardsWS removed is, this is to safe guard your members, to keep them safe and out of harms way.

lol i have forgotten how many times it has happened, for instance, when i was on PS3HaX, a certain site would rip off my news, especially the exclusive news and not source(Think you know who i am talking about :p), then when i made PlayStationHaX Pirate thought it would be super mature to block links to my site :D
Places don't do it as much as they used too, even sites who don't like me link to my forum, just as i link to some sites i do not like, though i have my limits, i won't link to backups related sites.

I rarely delete anything and no sites are blocked, if the exact same site was linked on my forum i would have removed the link and put the thread in the bin, removing the link wouldn't matter either as i wouldn't be using it on the front page and it wouldn't be used in any way on the forum.

There are some circumstances where links should be removed, links to dangerous websites, such as i believe that one that @STLcardsWS removed is, this is to safe guard your members, to keep them safe and out of harms way.

I find it funny the guy talking about sources has writers cut copy and pasting and he changes the links and does not include the source WHEN HE (psxhax) was the one to actually promote it to the first page. The source link is only there because i made mention and aware of situation. Not because psxhax seen it when he was frontpaging as he should of,

Now i have seen enough news by psxhax to know he would not direct cut copy and paste like that himself (he knows its bad to do), but i also have seen him enough to know he does not source well at times rather purposely. Which is comical IMO to see him say what he does, as its just not anywhere true on his end. Something i know you have seen quite often as well.

For the longest time, if a source pointed back to his screen name, Then you knew it came from somewhere else. I can't tell you how many times i would see a release and its posted in his username and he is using that as the source ,. I could go to ps3hax and find the REAL developer's release quote as that was a site he often did it to,. Yet, the guy who does this on ps3hax news and even some of psx-place news (as he only has sourced 1 or two correctly from psx-place, but used MANY things from psx-place like staff. developer, quotes even). Is now going to lecture me about sourcing and how i do it wrong LOL, when the link he points that i removed was in good faith to protect users and was a CLEAR rules violation. Funny stuff, really is.

So you're both in favor of 'selective' removal of credit / source links when you see fit... it's your sites so run them how you wish, obviously I can't persuade you to see things the ethically correct way :p

And @STLcardsWS no offense but that is some pretty rough English... from what I could ascertain it appears we're going in circles, so all I can say is good luck with your site and although I love seeing you contribute here I'm sure most would rather read news than bickering.

So you're both in favor of 'selective' removal of credit / source links when you see fit... it's your sites so run them how you wish, obviously I can't persuade you to see things the ethically correct way :p
1.) You obviously cannot read properly, i said i would remove the article completely.
2.) YOU, YOU of all people talking about ethics, that's f**king hilarious, what you did with the PSP scene and the bricking of all those PSP's, when you stole any news i posted on PS3HaX removing the damn source links, where was your ethics then ?

After all this time in the scene and the fact you are probably older than STL and i combined, you should be more damn mature, all that was originally asked was news be properly sourced an YOU turned it into some childish argument :(

Honestly a while back, i would have put you in the same corrupt cesspool and garyOPA, Louran and all those other criminals, but i thought you had changed, so i gave you the benefit of the doubt, i guess i was wrong to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back