Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS Vita CFW and Hacks       Thread starter Wultra       Start date Aug 18, 2016 at 3:46 PM       58      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Vita CID.PNG

PlayStation Vita hacker Major_Tom just released VitaCID, a tool that gives you access to your Vita Console ID (the equivalent of PS3's IDPS).

What is VitaCID?
VitaCID is a tool that runs on a HENkaku-enabled PS Vita (currently Vita firmware 3.60 only). It retrieves your Vita's console ID and writes it in a file at the root of your Vita System (that you can later on retrieve for example via FTP).

Currently the tool is of little use for the vast majority of users, but it is expected that we’ll see “Console activation” homebrews released soon, that will let you activate a 3.60 Vita without having to update. Pretty useful for those of us who ended up with their hacked Vita deactivated, for any reason.

Get your vita CID (IDPS + PSID) and save it in ux0:CID.bin. Useful to activate your vita.

A sample activation script can be found on the VitaDevWiki. People with the relevant skills should be able to turn this into a self contained homebrew fairly soon.

Download VitaCID
You can download VitaCID from the developer's GITHub here.

To install & run, please note that you will need to have a PS Vita running firmware 3.60 with the HENkaku hack.​

Source: Wololo.net

Comments

To the Moderators, I am reopening this to respond... let's leave it open awhile longer if possible thanks!

1.) You obviously cannot read properly, i said i would remove the article completely.
2.) YOU, YOU of all people talking about ethics, that's f**king hilarious, what you did with the PSP scene and the bricking of all those PSP's, when you stole any news i posted on PS3HaX removing the damn source links, where was your ethics then ?

After all this time in the scene and the fact you are probably older than STL and i combined, you should be more damn mature, all that was originally asked was news be properly sourced an YOU turned it into some childish argument :(

Honestly a while back, i would have put you in the same corrupt cesspool and garyOPA, Louran and all those other criminals, but i thought you had changed, so i gave you the benefit of the doubt, i guess i was wrong to do so.
I can read just fine, sometimes when @STLcardsWS posts his fingers don't connect with his brain such as HERE... I haven't seen such poor Engrish since GaryOPA posted his last self-authored article. :ROFLMAO:

Why would you @GregoryRasputin remove the article completely when it's on @STLcardsWS's site, or are you just answering for him now? :p

I'm definitely older than both of you, old enough that at one time when I was your age and relatively clueless I too was in the same corrupt cesspool as GaryOPA and Louarn so you're 100% correct.

This is why I can't help but laugh when those who know better like Wololo intentionally contradict themselves attesting in one article that GaryOPA is 'indirectly involved with many of the dongle manufacturers' and then in another article laughs it off stating 'there’s no evidence pointing to that so far' :rolleyes:

Having been on Max's payroll myself years ago, I am the evidence, witnessed it all firsthand, have the private IRC logs, emails from Max/Cobra/etc, bank deposit receipts, pictures, the list goes on and on... until Max replaced me with GaryOPA instead :sneaky:

I'm getting to my point, hold tight...

I also know @GregoryRasputin from your blogs, rants, etc that when Pirate bailed on you and everyone else by selling out on PS3Hax you felt backstabbed and betrayed.

You stuck up for him not knowing the full story, what he was doing... from removing our link in the very first PS3 homebrew FTP app ever made by CJPC to holding fake/rigged 'contests' with non-existent prizes in attempt to stir up forum activity.

All that is water under the bridge now, but if you take away anything at all from my 'experience' let it be this:

To Brandon M. Harris aka @STLcardsWS this site is competition just as Shazim Mohammad (aka Pirate of PS3Hax.net), grandy of PSGroove.com and Christian Williams Messerschmidt (aka xiaNaix of PSX-Scene.com) felt before selling out.

I'm sure you remember when @STLcardsWS publicly pledged he has no affiliation with GaryOPA, but how much do you know about the main (user #1) Admin on his site Grimm?

Whenever someone reports a problem there he typically responds that he will let Grimm know, and while @STLcardsWS may just an incompetent pion who can't fix things himself so he has another Admin (who isn't GaryOPA, Paul Owen or others involved in dongle schemes) do it for him, they could very well be behind his site with or without his knowledge of who they really are... after all, you didn't know about Pirate. ;)

Could we get to the bottom of all this with leaked database dumps, passwords, emails, identities, IPs, etc floating around? Probably, but as @STLcardsWS posted HERE there is a much simpler answer... follow the money (when ads start appearing on PSX-Place again) :D

So the point is to learn from your 6-year long life lesson with Pirate and don't let history repeat itself, be cautious who you stick up for as they may be laughing behind your back (and behind STLcardsWS's back too if he isn't even aware).

It'd be nice if we could all band together as this is just a hobby for me these days, despite what Wololo thinks I could care less about becoming an 'authority' in PlayStation scene hacking... the 'PSXHAX' project is my 'fun' site these days (it is what it is, and that's all it will ever be), but if he's still running his like a 'business' more power to him I've been there, done that, got the t-shirt and fake gold retirement watch. :cool:

WoW alot of claims there and a few childish insults. Some people i suppose just do not grow up, you perhaps are one of those people.

1.) I now see the real motive of your hate of GaryOPA, its not what he stands for (as you claim), but rather he holds your former position. That would explain alot, because you actually caring about the community just never was something that describes yourself.

2.) Yea, Grimm is the #1 user lol, makes sense since he did the initial setup and its also just as much his site as its mine. Since its a shared site, there is shared responsibilities, so he handles some issues, i handle other issues. It called teamwork :) ..

3.) You take one occurance for reason to not source someone ( in your ps3hax example ), but then you go on this rant. A discussion that started because you front-paged a cut copy and pasted article from wololo's site (crap happens could of been a mistake), that you then took it a bit farther by replacing wololo links with your own (that's not mistake that is malicious) .

4.) Actually, I have always been a supporter of other sites (i think other sites would agree), what i have not been a supporter of is sites that steal the efforts and works of others. The more quality sites there are the better it is for the entire community, so i have always supported that idea.

5.) LOL, you're accusing of me; "Could we get to the bottom of all this with leaked database dumps, passwords, emails, identities, IPs, etc floating around?" Then you logic behind it is "follow the money (when ads start appearing on PSX-Place again) " .. Okay so my site that is running ad-free and has been for several months now and when we did have ads they were light, is doing something bad? by bringing them back to help off set site cost?

Where as you have had ads currently, you do have a membership with a fee , if I am not mistake to remove the ads and to then unlock various forum features (many of those forum features are not locked and require no fee at other sites). While then also not producing original content and or not providing accurate sources for material and information obtained. So yea, perhaps we should follow the money..

One minute you suggest i could be behind the site hacks and then you also mention I am unable to fix issues on the site (which some, maybe lol) .. but FFS that is a bit of a range there.

6.) It would be nice we all could "band together" , the problem is you do not truly mean it. As the biggest issue has been your actions and lack of respect for the scene/devs/sites/your own users/..

You stated you aren't affiliated with GaryOPA, so if he isn't User #1 do you know Grimm personally, either in real life or his identity because if not for all you know could he be connected to those infamous dongle peddlers misleading you too right? :eek:

Follow the money refers to Max / Paul / etc 'dirty money' schemes derived from DRM-infected dongles and similar devices that rip off devs and sceners alike.

Needless to say if the public sees ads of theirs on PSX-Place it will be undeniable proof that those scumbags are in cahoots, otherwise run whatever network ads you wish to offset server costs there.

I never said you could be behind the site hacks there, quite the contrary in fact... all I ever see you do is methodically raid forums like GBATemp and Wololo's /Talk for news to scrape. :p

What I said was if someone analyzed database dumps from when the site was hacked they could 'probably' figure out who User #1 Grimm is if you don't know.

On the other hand, if you do know who Grimm is simply 'vouch' for him on your own reputation that he's not connected to anyone who produces or sells products that rip off the scene.

Easy enough, unless there is something to hide? ;)

So the point is to learn from your 6-year long life lesson with Pirate and don't let history repeat itself, be cautious who you stick up for as they may be laughing behind your back (and behind STLcardsWS's back too if he isn't even aware).
People laugh behind my back anyway, so even if i stick up for them, they aren't going to laugh any less.

Lessons i learned from being a staff member at PS3HaX is to trust people less, to find out Pirate betrayed my trust was bad, to find out i was unknowingly working for Caputo Media was even worse, but the worst was probably the actions or inaction's. of those i considered a friends.

WoW alot of claims there and a few childish insults. Some people i suppose just do not grow up, you perhaps are one of those people.
Many people point to me and state i am childish and i will be the first to admit i am, but the fact that @PSXHAX took this way beyond the advice that was given him, is on the upper levels of childishness and i suppose we are just as bad for continuing to argue with him.

1.) I now see the real motive of your hate of GaryOPA, its not what he stands for (as you claim), but rather he holds your former position. That would explain alot, because you actually caring about the community just never was something that describes yourself.
How i see it is that PSXHaX is angry that Louran is no longer his master and is upset that garyOPA is his new pet, i can understand going from loving someone who financed you to hating them when they chose someone else

3.) You take one occurance for reason to not source someone ( in your ps3hax example ), but then you go on this rant. A discussion that started because you front-paged a cut copy and pasted article from wololo's site (crap happens could of been a mistake), that you then took it a bit farther by replacing wololo links with your own (that's not mistake that is malicious) .
I didn't source at the time, i know it was wrong, but there are several factors that have to be taken into consideration:
1.) I suffered a couple of years of PS3News not sourcing the news i posted properly, even being banned when i complained about it, this was all before that one example PSXHaX posted
2.) The word 'PS3News' was censored and the links to the website were blocked.
3.) Even when i tried to sneak the link in, Pirate would only change it.

5.) LOL, you're accusing of me; "Could we get to the bottom of all this with leaked database dumps, passwords, emails, identities, IPs, etc floating around?"
All our website have been victim of hacking and databases being dumped, none of us are to blame for this, blame the one who assumed we had secret PS4 hacking files on our servers, ironic though, websites dedicated to a form off hacking, being hacked.

6.) It would be nice we all could "band together" , the problem is you do not truly mean it. As the biggest issue has been your actions and lack of respect for the scene/devs/sites/your own users/..
It would be great if we all could get along and be friends with each other, but i can also understand sites not getting along with each other, for example my problems with Hackinformer, i cannot simple get along with him after what he has done, but i will source him if news originates from his site.

What Hackinformer did is akin to what garyOPA did with TrueBlue, provided a premium service that was not needed, that could have been done effortlessly and free.

You stated you aren't affiliated with GaryOPA, so if he isn't User #1 do you know Grimm personally, either in real life or his identity because if not for all you know could he be connected to those infamous dongle peddlers misleading you too right? :eek:
lol it seems that you are trying to fish for who Grimm is because you don't know, or you need your suspicions confirmed.

I never said you could be behind the site hacks there, quite the contrary in fact... all I ever see you do is methodically raid forums like GBATemp and Wololo's /Talk for news to scrape. :p
That is what most of us do, the difference is, sites like mine, STL's and Wololo's write our own articles and not simply copy/paste like what happens here.

What I said was if someone analyzed database dumps from when the site was hacked they could 'probably' figure out who User #1 Grimm is if you don't know.
Whilst that may have been true at one time, it can hardly be used accurately anymore, with people using nicks they do not normally use, proxies to mask their location, temporary emails etc, it is harder to figure out where someone is from.

On the other hand, if you do know who Grimm is simply 'vouch' for him on your own reputation that he's not connected to anyone who produces or sells products that rip off the scene.

Easy enough, unless there is something to hide? ;)
Again with the trying to figure out who Grimm is, why the fascination with him ?
If Grimm sells dildo's on the side to fiance the forum, why should that bother you ?
Perhaps you know who Grimm actually is, or you think that he is a friend of OPA's, but if that is the case, then why don't you come out with who you think he is instead of trying to throw hints, but perhaps it is you who has something to hide ?

Lastly, how long is this dispute/argument going to continue and why was it needed when originally all that was pointed out was that the source link should be added >.<

I will be honest I have talked with Grimm a few times n the few times I've talked with him the guy seems decent and respectable but that's only from the little we have talked.

Again with the trying to figure out who Grimm is, why the fascination with him ?
If Grimm sells dildo's on the side to fiance the forum, why should that bother you ?
Perhaps you know who Grimm actually is, or you think that he is a friend of OPA's, but if that is the case, then why don't you come out with who you think he is instead of trying to throw hints, but perhaps it is you who has something to hide ?

Lastly, how long is this dispute/argument going to continue and why was it needed when originally all that was pointed out was that the source link should be added >.<
Well, the 'spindoctor' approach won't work here because if I knew who Grimm was I wouldn't be wasting precious time pestering @STLcardsWS to vouch for him or admit he doesn't know who Grimm is either :p

Thus far it doesn't look like @STLcardsWS will vouch for Grimm though, which looks a tad shady and could lead some to believe I may be uncovering the scary truth. :eek:

So help me to understand something @GregoryRasputin, on your site like I do here you criticize DRM-infected dongles and their peddlers/profiteers like GaryOPA, Max, etc... but you are fine with those scene cancers changing their usernames and beginning another vicious cycle of stealing from devs and re-DRMing for profit under your 'friend' @STLcardsWS's administration?

If Grimm isn't one of them and as @STLcardsWS already stated he himself isn't affiliated with GaryOPA, then why don't we all boycott and finally break the DRM-infected dongle chain? :D

On the other hand, if Grimm is one of them and @STLcardsWS is fine with it then he's been misleading everyone and should admit PSX-Place is just another 'busine$$' disguised as a news site preying on sceners ran by scumbags like MaxConsole as the truth will inevitably rear it's ugly head anyway.

Finally, how long will this continue? I suppose until you and @STLcardsWS stop replying here... but you keep quoting and mentioning me so I will keep replying back :)

I will be honest I have talked with Grimm a few times n the few times I've talked with him the guy seems decent and respectable but that's only from the little we have talked.
Can you vouch for Grimm as not being a dongle douche @Chaos Kid, or don't you know who's really behind his username either? o_O

Can you vouch for Grimm as not being a dongle douche @Chaos Kid, or don't you know who's really behind his username either? o_O
@PSXHAX I know the users behind dongle n ode devices 100 users says it all but not all are involved directly. Yes I know his age n he was never rude with us n even being a dongle pusher or indirect unless proved otherwise. Respect till proven guilty or that's our morals anyway.

Most ppl are clueless to there work or what it truly is n not what's bin given so even if Grimm is opa we recommend caution as benders are a unique breed they don't do things in any standard way. There is 3 in here one is Mr Opa himself our mate is also another n one other we rather not say but he's in plain sight and his work shows it

So if Grimm is GaryOPA and OPA is lurking here then I guess we'll all know the truth soon enough ;)

That's all most people ask is not to be lied to, the other day I added @B7U3 C50SS to my Twitter and his Twitter conveyed a similar message I noticed:

Nerd Who follows back, and loves to game and all things unlocked. I feel that privacy is the most important thing in the world.I Also HATE con artists. Anime!!

Let's wait and see if @GregoryRasputin or @STLcardsWS even reply any longer :LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back