Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS Vita CFW and Hacks       Thread starter Wultra       Start date Aug 18, 2016 at 3:46 PM       58      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Vita CID.PNG

PlayStation Vita hacker Major_Tom just released VitaCID, a tool that gives you access to your Vita Console ID (the equivalent of PS3's IDPS).

What is VitaCID?
VitaCID is a tool that runs on a HENkaku-enabled PS Vita (currently Vita firmware 3.60 only). It retrieves your Vita's console ID and writes it in a file at the root of your Vita System (that you can later on retrieve for example via FTP).

Currently the tool is of little use for the vast majority of users, but it is expected that we’ll see “Console activation” homebrews released soon, that will let you activate a 3.60 Vita without having to update. Pretty useful for those of us who ended up with their hacked Vita deactivated, for any reason.

Get your vita CID (IDPS + PSID) and save it in ux0:CID.bin. Useful to activate your vita.

A sample activation script can be found on the VitaDevWiki. People with the relevant skills should be able to turn this into a self contained homebrew fairly soon.

Download VitaCID
You can download VitaCID from the developer's GITHub here.

To install & run, please note that you will need to have a PS Vita running firmware 3.60 with the HENkaku hack.​

Source: Wololo.net

Comments

We mean no disrespect but it's a pointless battle of argument sure Greg had it out with our mate then later suspected he had the keys but when is the fine line to stop.

It's easier to make friends then enemies you may truly underestimate. We may not be friends with opa but don't mean we will disrespect him if he don't disrespect us either. It's a give and take thing.

Like we said in another post show respect n you shall receive the same respect in return abuse n that's when destruction starts

Hey, @Chaos Kid is Right! and that's the most sensible thing I've heard anyone say all day. @Chaos Kid @GregoryRasputin @PSXHAX I don't even know why GaryOPA is hated on this forum. so if someone could please enlighten me it would be much appreciated. a little history perhaps? And whatever went on here i'm sure we can call a day, right? people will fight and bicke, but in the end it always winds up the same they either hold grudges on one another or they make up and become friends again. I suggest we become friends again. :D

there are some sites where you can go look up the history...
OPA is oldschool.a lot keep in touch even having gone straight.

Right well, maybe he's been in the game too long and wants out. I think for some people this scene can be toxic.. and for some the stress can be too much. so in some way i ueven understand it. the viewpoints in which some people think with.. but at the same time i think i disagree, you see what i mean?

Mr Opa is hated due to the fact that he sells backups which in alot of terms is worse then releasing to general public. He dates back to the first cobra usb fw 3.41 if that don't look suspicious alone.
Now if you watch the ps4 blocker check out the files reroute? Cobra lmao sony any1?

Mr Opa is hated due to the fact that he sells backups which in alot of terms is worse then releasing to general public. He dates back to the first cobra usb fw 3.41 if that don't look suspicious alone.
Now if you watch the ps4 blocker check out the files reroute? Cobra lmao sony any1?
the other negative being equation groups traffic is through google..for anyone following the nsa fiasco lol..
a shame that malware was planted on wikileaks.

ahh i see.. And here is my rebuttal: some people actually want the dongle's they are willing and able to pay for the dongle's! SURE: IT'S A SCAM!! SURE, THEY DON'T KNOW IT'S A SCAM (The people who want the dongle's) But ripping people off selling warez for profit.. i just can't justify. warez are meant to be free. >_> good lord.

EDIT: OKAY, I think i see why opa is pretty hated

ahh i see.. And here is my rebuttal: some people actually want the dongle's they are willing and able to pay for the dongle's! SURE: IT'S A SCAM!! SURE, THEY DON'T KNOW IT'S A SCAM (The people who want the dongle's) But ripping people off selling warez for profit.. i just can't justify. warez are meant to be free. >_> good lord.
Warez was never free. at one point in time it was. now its controlled

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back