Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS Vita CFW and Hacks       Thread starter Wultra       Start date Aug 18, 2016 at 3:46 PM       58      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Vita CID.PNG

PlayStation Vita hacker Major_Tom just released VitaCID, a tool that gives you access to your Vita Console ID (the equivalent of PS3's IDPS).

What is VitaCID?
VitaCID is a tool that runs on a HENkaku-enabled PS Vita (currently Vita firmware 3.60 only). It retrieves your Vita's console ID and writes it in a file at the root of your Vita System (that you can later on retrieve for example via FTP).

Currently the tool is of little use for the vast majority of users, but it is expected that we’ll see “Console activation” homebrews released soon, that will let you activate a 3.60 Vita without having to update. Pretty useful for those of us who ended up with their hacked Vita deactivated, for any reason.

Get your vita CID (IDPS + PSID) and save it in ux0:CID.bin. Useful to activate your vita.

A sample activation script can be found on the VitaDevWiki. People with the relevant skills should be able to turn this into a self contained homebrew fairly soon.

Download VitaCID
You can download VitaCID from the developer's GITHub here.

To install & run, please note that you will need to have a PS Vita running firmware 3.60 with the HENkaku hack.​

Source: Wololo.net

Comments

Since @VultraAID just admitted his brother has been posting news here today using his account I've added that Source link to the bottom of the article.

@STLcardsWS If you see any more news from other sites they didn't source let us know. Speaking of ethics though, most would say it's not ethical to remove the source URL from content copied to your site just because the source site breaks your rules. :rolleyes:

When I saw that disgrace I was appalled as you aren't even practicing what you're preaching and should be ashamed of yourself (n) #hypocrite

The ethical way to handle it would be to either remove the copied content completely from your site, or leave the attribution hyperlink from the source intact so that you are not getting credit for their stolen work and those reading it (like me) aren't mislead into thinking the content originated from your site.

To dumb it down, your imposed site 'rules' do NOT supercede legislation nor do they give you a license to selectively keep another's content while removing their link at the same time... what the heck were you thinking?! Man up and fix it one way or the other already :p

To @VultraAID: I came online a few hours ago and saw all the news assuming you posted, but if you're letting your bro use your account also there are a few guidelines he should be aware of:
  • If you get news from other Blogs, Twitters, GITs, etc please credit / link to those somewhere in the article.
  • Please don't copy other sites articles verbatim (word-for-word), instead write your own title, opening text, and then quote the relevant portion of their article and link back to them.
I spose I should expand on these guidelines in the Announcements section soon with all the new Staff being added lately... perhaps this weekend I'll have some freetime :cool:

@STLcardsWS If you see any more news from other sites they didn't source let us know. Speaking of ethics though, most would say it's not ethical to remove the source URL from content copied to your site just because the source site breaks your rules. :rolleyes:

When I saw that disgrace I was appalled as you aren't even practicing what you're preaching and should be ashamed of yourself (n) #hypocrite

The ethical way to handle it would be to either remove the copied content completely from your site, or leave the attribution hyperlink from the source intact so that you are not getting credit for their stolen work and those reading it (like me) aren't mislead into thinking the content originated from your site.

To dumb it down, your imposed site 'rules' do NOT supercede legislation nor do they give you a license to selectively keep another's content while removing their link at the same time... what the heck were you thinking?! Man up and fix it one way or the other already :p

To @VultraAID: I came online a few hours ago and saw all the news assuming you posted, but if you're letting your bro use your account also there are a few guidelines he should be aware of:
  • If you get news from other Blogs, Twitters, GITs, etc please credit / link to those somewhere in the article.
  • Please don't copy other sites articles verbatim (word-for-word), instead write your own title, opening text, and then quote the relevant portion of their article and link back to them.
I spose I should expand on these guidelines in the Announcements section soon with all the new Staff being added lately... perhaps this weekend I'll have some freetime :cool:

If i see anymore news or comments from other sites? Well, now that you mention it there is many articles the past couple of years where i can not help but notice information coming from psx-place forum. That conatined no link back to where the information came that were written by you? or did your brother also get online :winkytongue: ..

Selling of console ids and posting of its services is a common rule in place at various scene forums and communities. As the rule is there to protect user's from potential scams as there can be alot that are associated with those services.

If you are front-paging this news, its on you to verify some of the data, you changed the links from wololo to psxhax. I think that would of been a tip off? Or was it his brother that changed his links?

Also, wtf is the authour doing asking for donations?This article would still suggest he was the author and when clearly he is not.. I would re-write, remove, or simply make very clear it not written by him but wololo.. Especially when this guy is asking for donations in his sig lol

If i see anymore news or comments from other sites? Well, now that you mention it there is many articles the past couple of years where i can not help but notice information coming from psx-place forum. That conatined no link back to where the information came that were written by you? or did your brother also get online :winkytongue: ..

Selling of console ids and posting of its services is a common rule in place at various scene forums and communities. As the rule is there to protect user's from potential scams as there can be alot that are associated with those services.

If you are front-paging this news, its on you to verify some of the data, you changed the links from wololo to psxhax. I think that would of been a tip off? Or was it his brother that changed his links?

Also, wtf is the authour doing asking for donations?This article would still suggest he was the author and when clearly he is not.. I would re-write, remove, or simply make very clear it not written by him but wololo.. Especially when this guy is asking for donations in his sig lol
The signature with the donations, I was trying out a php script that I will remove, and I only joined this site april 2 so I couldn't have posted news/forums for many years, either your logic is shite or you don't have common sense and nobody has been selling get Console IDS so I think you should need to do some research before acuesing people and most off the link on these forums I've posted have been edited by PSXHAX himself or did you forget that other staff members can edit posts too and your so booking retarded all sources has been put into each forum to indicate where they have came from, Yes me or my brother might off forgotten to put sources in but that's only when it's like 4 am when I haven't slept yet will intend to forget to add certain things in

The signature with the donations, I was trying out a php script that I will remove, and I only joined this site april 2 so I couldn't have posted news/forums for many years, either your logic is shite or you don't have common sense and nobody has been selling get Console IDS so I think you should need to do some research before acuesing people and most off the link on these forums I've posted have been edited by PSXHAX himself or did you forget that other staff members can edit posts too and your so booking retarded all sources has been put into each forum to indicate where they have came from, Yes me or my brother might off forgotten to put sources in but that's only when it's like 4 am when I haven't slept yet will make you forget to add certain things in

I am looking retarded? :)

Anyhow, I did not quote your post now did i? So, while i was addressing your donation link at the end. I was replying to topics on the post I quoted to prior to that. So perhaps a bit of common sense should of been used n your part.. The console ID comments was in reply to the link provided by PSXhax in the quote, in regards to link he was mentioing of Link being removed to our forums rules.

So, PSXHAX is editing and adding the links.? So, he replaced the wololo links with his own and saw it was cut copy and pasted then as the wololo links were there. Or he conveniently picked the same exact words to highlight and link. Seems a little fishy to me ...

I would suggest your "brother" to use his own account or make one himself..

I am looking retarded? :)

Anyhow, I did not quote your post now did i? So, while i was addressing your donation link at the end. I was replying to topics on the post I quoted to prior to that. The console ID was in reply to the link provided by PSXhax on what he was mentioing of the post he linked.

So, PSXHAX is editing and adding the links. So he replaced the wololo links with his own and saw it was Cut copy and pasted. Or he conveniently picked the same words to highlight and link. Seems a little fishy to me ...

I would suggest your "brother" to use his own account or make one himself.
Im loving how you have to quote Brother, unless your gonna make me, id think twice before you suggest me what to do, Everyone remembers what happened to GTAWWEKID when they booked around with me

Since @VultraAID just admitted his brother has been posting news here today using his account I've added that Source link to the bottom of the article.
1.) Why would his 'brother' use his account ?
2.) Why would his 'brother' post news as him.
3.) Why are he and his 'brother' post EXACTLY the same ?

That is not even the same thing, @STLcardsWS removed a link to a criminal website, that is different than not sourcing properly >.<

When i first joined here, i made a remark along the lines off 'Will i be banned from here too'
You replied with that things will be different here, well it doesn't look like it with STL being banned :(
Will i be next(again) ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back