Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Jailbreaking       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Oct 21, 2016 at 10:53 PM       7      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since the PS4 Filesystem Root Dump, today eXtreme posted a PlayStation 4 Model CUH-1116A Firmware 1.760.001 System Dump done via PS4 FTP complete with a File Analysis for developers to examine with the previously released Tools Package. :pumpkin:

To quote: PS4 1.76 DUMP

PlayStation 4 - Firmware 1.76 - System Dump - Dumped Filesystem for everyone to look at it or to examine. Should be complete apart from the Sandbox directory. Dumped on FW 1.76 via FTP.

PS4 Model: CUH-1116A
Firmware: 1.760.001
Dumped: 26-04-16
Files: 1.546
Size: 789 MB

To quote from the e✘treme File Analysis page, roughly translated:

System Information (settings / System) -> name / IP address
system_data/settings/system.dat

PS4 1.76 File Analysis 1.jpg

Profile -> User
user/home/10000000/username.dat

PS4 1.76 File Analysis 2.jpg

Database -> Home Screen
system_data/priv/mms/app.db

PS4 1.76 File Analysis 3.jpg

User Application -> Icon
user / appmeta / CUSAXXXXX / icon0.png

System Application -> Icon
system_ex / app / NPXSXXXXX / sce_sys / icon0.png

Trophies -> Number
user / home / user_number / trophy / data / sce_trop / trpsummary.dat

Font
preinst / common / font / DFHEI5-SONY.ttf

Update History
user / appmeta / CUSAXXXXX / change info / changeinfo.xml

Home Menu Sound
preinst / priv / systembgm / bgm_main.at9

Login Sound
preinst / priv / systembgm / bgm_login.at9

Fault History (Settings / Control)
system_data / priv / error / history / 00000001.json

PS4 1.76 File Analysis 4.jpg

User Authentication
system_data / priv / home / 10000000 / np / auth.dat

EULA (Settings / Control)
update / eula.xml

PS4 1.76 File Analysis 5.jpg

Below are some related articles for those interested as well:
Special thanks to @VultraAID for the heads-up HERE. :beer:
PS4 1.76 DUMP.png

Comments

May be the way to spoof the 1.76 firmware in the future... ;)
There are two problems I think:

1. The current exploit runs after the system boots, so although the system won't care if files are modified after triggering the exploit, as soon as you reboot it will brick (assuming it checks that as part of pre-boot verification). To get around this, you either need to load into a separate firmware (see emunand), temporarily patch the version number in memory and hope nothing reloads it, or find an exploit that actually triggers during the boot process.

2. There is more to the version number than just a number. While most of the firmware updates are BS, some do add new APIs and features that newer games rely on. Even if a game boots with thinking the firmware is newer, it will crash as soon as it tries to use something that's not actually in 1.76.

I don't think we will see a "Jailbreak" or a "cfw" this year.Maybe 2017. Best solution for now is if you have the money you can buy a second ps4 3.55 and below

If you don't have and want to buy just go for pro version. There is no proof/promises,only rumors about a kernel exploit.

I don't think we will see a "Jailbreak" or a "cfw" this year.Maybe 2017. Best solution for now is if you have the money you can buy a second ps4 3.55 and below

If you don't have and want to buy just go for pro version. There is no proof/promises,only rumors about a kernel exploit.
Yes, please update your ps4 so we can get rid of people like you.

There are two problems I think:

1. The current exploit runs after the system boots, so although the system won't care if files are modified after triggering the exploit, as soon as you reboot it will brick (assuming it checks that as part of pre-boot verification). To get around this, you either need to load into a separate firmware (see emunand), temporarily patch the version number in memory and hope nothing reloads it, or find an exploit that actually triggers during the boot process.

2. There is more to the version number than just a number. While most of the firmware updates are BS, some do add new APIs and features that newer games rely on. Even if a game boots with thinking the firmware is newer, it will crash as soon as it tries to use something that's not actually in 1.76.
Yes Kraken i think that, Fix FiX FIX.... You can search the difference in these three words, but if you don't cross good the 'Fix' in the 'Problem' might also make a problem in the problem... So here there are many way to resolve a problem and one is resolve the problem in the question.

One of these so all the system (PS4) make it a problem but between the Kernel 'FiX' (with small stable steps) we can finally resuming a balance of a stable Game run.... too over time of 1000000 YEAR.... :devilish::devilish::devilish: The solution may be a CFW !!! YES QUOTE YOUR POST !!!:D:D:eek:

PS: I was tired.... I remember that (BUILT-IN): the SYSTEM is followed by RULES and the RULES are followed by DATABASES so the THOUGHT is followed by IDEAS and the IDEAS are followed by IMAGINATION or CREATIVITY....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back