Category PS4 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Feb 24, 2019 at 9:56 PM       20,898       61            
For quite some time PlayStation 4 scene developers have been researching and testing code to control the PS4 fan speed in order to adjust the console's temperature, and following the PS4 Homebrew PKG Store developer @Joaquin Salih (aka toxxic407) made available a collection of payloads via Twitter used to control the PS4 fan speed on Github.

Download: PS4-fan-control-payloads-master.zip / GIT

Recently PlayStation 4 Fan Control code from ethylamine's repository based on Zer0xFF's findings was forked by kozarovv for a 4.74 port and added to JgDuff's PS4 Exploit Host v0.4.6 updates as well. (y)

Below are some additional details from the README.md: PS4 Fan Control Payloads

Collection of Payloads used to control the fan of PS4's on version 5.05. All Credit goes to ethylamine, Zer0xFF (Twitter), theorywrong (Twitter), xvortex (Twitter) and zecoxao (Twitter). The name is equal to the Temperature threshold in degrees.

:alert: Most of the Payloads are not tested! I do not take any responsibility and I am not liable for any damage done to your PS4!
PS4 PRO 5.05 HARDWARE SPEED FAN CONTROL MOD with PSXITArch Linux via PS4LINUX
PS4 Fan Control with X-Project + New PS4 Homebrew File Manager
PS4 Fan Control Payloads to Adjust PS4 Fan Speed and Temperature.jpg

:idea: Reminder: Those without a Verified Badge yet on Discord to access the private areas we recommend Joining Us! Why? The waiting process takes a week for new Members, and there's a lot we're unable to share on public forums including the latest PS4 PKG Games. 🏴‍☠️

Comments

JGod

Contributor
Don't beg for kexploit, just wait
And enjoy some homebrew apps on 5.05

:idea: Reminder: Those without a Verified Badge yet on Discord to access the private areas we recommend Joining Us! Why? The waiting process takes a week for new Members, and there's a lot we're unable to share on public forums including the latest PS4 PKG Games. 🏴‍☠️

SirSilvan83

Contributor
Verified
What is the sense of it?
Doesn't it bears the risk of hardware damage?
Fan too fast = Fan will decrease in lifetime and PS4 becomes too noisy
Fan too slow = overheating CPU/GPU

So why should I change original Sony settings?

finalman

Contributor
So if I wanted my PS4 pro APU to maintain at 65 degrees Celcius I run the 65.bin or does that .bin number correspond to the fan speed to run at in percent?

Sorry but the description is confusing.

Recent Articles
Sony Introduces PlayStation Indies for PS5 and PS4 with Montage Video
Proceeding the Indie PS5 game Soulborn Alpha Trailer, Sony introduced their PlayStation Indies initiative featuring nine captivating new independent games including Worms Rumble (PS5 / PS4), Haven...
Cyberpunk 2077 4K Footage and New NBA 2K21 Zion PS5 Trailer Video
Since the last batch of PS5 Trailers some 4K gameplay footage of the upcoming RPG Cyberpunk 2077 by CD Projekt Red surfaced with a 2021 tentative release scheduled alongside a new NBA 2K21 PS5...
CTurt on FreeDVDBoot for PS3 / PS4 and Blu-ray BD-J Attacks
Long ago we saw the Original PS4 Jailbreak for 1.76 FW via BadIRET Exploitation (Github Articles), and following his recent FreeDVDBoot PS2 DVD Player Exploit PlayStation 4 developer @CTurt shared...
PS4 Package (PKG) Manager Homebrew Application by Pakee
PlayStation 4 homebrew developer @pakee of Pakee.xyz recently Contacted Us with news of his PS4 Package (PKG) Manager Homebrew Application public release stating: "I made software to manage...