Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Jailbreaking       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Jan 21, 2018 at 3:15 AM       166      
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you have a PlayStation 4 on 4.05 Firmware and haven't jumped on the PS4 exploit bandwagon yet, this may be a good time as the PS4 Homebrew ENabler (PS4HEN) payload was forked from IDC's GIT and added to PS4-HEN-VTX (Exploit Ps4.rar) by @XVortex (who brought us FTPS4 and PKG Kitchen), which can now be sent via Webpage (no PC needed) thanks to Detective Liliruca with the PS4HEN_405exploit.tar (thanks faisalk87 for the link) also included in PS4 Exploit Host v0.3.14 by @Al Azif for local hosting and accessible HERE. :fire:

In the PSXHAX Shoutbox earlier tonight @LightningMods reminded us how simple it is now to go from (for example) a PS4 v4.00 OFW console to 4.05 running PKG game backups, as follows:
  • Follow THIS guide to update your PS4's Firmware to v4.05 OFW, which is available from either HERE or HERE.
  • Once on 4.05 and you've blocked Sony's URLs to prevent accidental Firmware updating, Patch the Web browser then navigate to the PS4HEN Webpage to exploit the PS4 (it may take a few times to be successful) and install PS4 4.05 PKGs via Debug Settings to profit! :D
Full PS4 4.05 Jailbreak Setup Tutorial
Host Your Own Webkit Exploit & Jailbreak 4.05 Firmware PS4
Converting Disc-based PS4 Games Into Digital Games 4.05 WebKit Exploit
PS4 HEN 4.05 Exploit Payload Webpage (No PC Needed) #PS4HEN is Lit.jpg

Comments

i first sent the debug settings payload with scepter. That worked fine. Then i never did anything related to ps4hen. I just did the xvortex exploit also via user guide and all was successful, im assuming i have now the debug settings and ps4hen and ftp(ftp like ps3 cfw ftp access or is this something else?) I also was told now i need to install the test.pkg file in order for me to install backup pkgs? thanks for your help

Do i need to run the test.pkg file only once ? and do i need to run it before i do anything else or is it just run it once and thats it ? Im from the ps3 cfw era and this is all in chinese to me. lol

I don't think u need to run the testpkg at all, that is literally just to make sure HEN is working, u need to run the exploit and send the payload everytime, there is no coldboot CFW for PS4, just literally get your pkg games from the forums here, send ps4hen payload to console, install and play games

Thanks man you are a god! Had no idea i had to re do everything everytime. So after i installa game i need to run exploit and payload every time i restart the console to play that installed game? Test.pkg just opened for me, so that means ps4hen was installed correctly?

For some weird reason i cant connect my ps4 to netcat gui, i put my primary dns, port 9023 and 9020 (tried both) and it never connects. My lans connected and i copy the primary dns from the ps4 network information. It always says error socket etc etc. What can i be missing.

could you help me with using natgui as its letting me make a connection

do you have to launch the exploit each time before launching a game? or just one time to install it?

I was told that you have to inject the payload each time the system is powered on.

Is that true ?

You only have to run the exploit once, then you can load any game you want that you have installed, BUT once you turn off the system, you have to again run the exploit.

hi,

i've managed to jailbreak my PS4 and run FTP/games successfully
however i'd like to understand more about this kexploit/payload connection

what is payload? and how is that payload ended/exit its functions?
i mean like in PS3, we jailbreak the PS3 and run multiman which has FTP service there, but in PS4 we run the FTP payload while in web browser. is the FTP closed if we close the web browser?

what about PS4HEN?
if i'm not wrong, the correct way to install PKG : kexploit -> PS4HEN -> Install PKG -> Profit
however if i tried : kexploit -> Install PKG -> PS4HEN -> Not Working (and need to reinstall)
what does it do?
i assume PS4HEN change something in RAM because we need to run it again every reboot but is PS4HEN must run while installing the PKGs?

also, my PS4 can't shutdown/reboot properly if i run kexploit/PS4HEN repeatedly
and sometime the web browser shows "not enough memory"
is that normal?

Thank You

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back