Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Jailbreaking       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Jan 21, 2018 at 3:15 AM       166      
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you have a PlayStation 4 on 4.05 Firmware and haven't jumped on the PS4 exploit bandwagon yet, this may be a good time as the PS4 Homebrew ENabler (PS4HEN) payload was forked from IDC's GIT and added to PS4-HEN-VTX (Exploit Ps4.rar) by @XVortex (who brought us FTPS4 and PKG Kitchen), which can now be sent via Webpage (no PC needed) thanks to Detective Liliruca with the PS4HEN_405exploit.tar (thanks faisalk87 for the link) also included in PS4 Exploit Host v0.3.14 by @Al Azif for local hosting and accessible HERE. :fire:

In the PSXHAX Shoutbox earlier tonight @LightningMods reminded us how simple it is now to go from (for example) a PS4 v4.00 OFW console to 4.05 running PKG game backups, as follows:
  • Follow THIS guide to update your PS4's Firmware to v4.05 OFW, which is available from either HERE or HERE.
  • Once on 4.05 and you've blocked Sony's URLs to prevent accidental Firmware updating, Patch the Web browser then navigate to the PS4HEN Webpage to exploit the PS4 (it may take a few times to be successful) and install PS4 4.05 PKGs via Debug Settings to profit! :D
Full PS4 4.05 Jailbreak Setup Tutorial
Host Your Own Webkit Exploit & Jailbreak 4.05 Firmware PS4
Converting Disc-based PS4 Games Into Digital Games 4.05 WebKit Exploit
PS4 HEN 4.05 Exploit Payload Webpage (No PC Needed) #PS4HEN is Lit.jpg

Comments

Hey there, PSXHAX. I could use some help with jailbreaking my PS4 and running the game backups since I haven't found any centralised FAQ or guide with everything.

So, this is what I gathered and please correct anything wrong.
  1. I need to update my PS4 from 2.57 to 4.05 using this guide https://www.psxhax.com/threads/updating-to-a-specific-ps4-firmware-guide-by-alexxlopaztico02.1064/
  2. Next, block Sony URLs (which aren't mandatory?) https://www.psxhax.com/threads/psa-...r-updating-new-ps4-removes-special-data.2653/
  3. Run the SpecterDev exploit with debug settings using this guide https://www.psxhax.com/threads/ps4-4-05-jailbreakme-playstation-4-jailbreak-noobs-tutorial.3311/
  4. Patch the web browser https://www.psxhax.com/threads/ps4-4-05-permanent-internet-web-browser-payload-by-2much4u.3325/
  5. Use the PS4HEN webpage to run the homebrew exploit
  6. Install Game Backups through the Debug settings
  7. Play
So, was I close enough? Also which exploits do you need to run every time after restart?

Thanks to everyone that reply.

1. update to 4.05
2. download the ps4-exploit-host
3. download the web browser.bin and the ps4hen.bin put that file in the payload folder of the host program
4. start ps4 host program
5. when you turn the ps4 on turn off system updates setup the internet connection on ur ps4 as custom automatic everything BUT DNS in there u put the ip that you see on the ps4 host
6. go to user manual on the ps4 a page will open click spector then go to the ps4 host and send your payload

Thats all the steps i took to get it going Thanx again Sean

i would advise checking youtube for a video guide. there are some really good ones on youtube. yes you have to run the exploit each time when turning on ps4.

Thanks, @swifty. That's pretty much how I was going to do it.

@proffk found the one by modded warfare. He shows how to update, set up the exploit and the patched web browser. So everytime you restart, you have to set up the Specter exploit again, correct? Leaving it in sleep doesn't require it?

ok where i start.. my ps4 is on 4.01 and i will upgrade to 4.05 now.

Can somebody give me a tutorial or a thread? like how i should do it ? (Not the upgrading part but the jailbreaking one.)

like it seems u also can finally play pkg's with it.. can i get a tutorial for that please too?

^just link me a video or something :D

also last question:

i have Final Fantasy XV and Final Fantasy Type-0 HD for PS4.. can i share that with u guys? (making a pkg and so on..)

if there is a way so i can share that can i upload it on a FTP? i don't know if u have any knowledge of FTP but i have like several high speed ftp servers for downloading with 3tb of space and so on.. (since zippyshare and others will probably go down or delete it) -> My Server is running for like ~2years now so it will probably not go down.

can also mirror other games so we are on a safe side that games will stay longer ^^

also can write tutorial for how to download.

~~

Short Version:
1. Can somebody give me a tutorial or a thread on how to jailbreak my ps4^^
2. can i make pkg's for share my games with u?
3. am i allowed to use FTP^^ (read the long text for you)

so long..

Teufel123:bananaman:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back