Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Jailbreaking       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date May 24, 2017 at 10:02 PM       66      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Many may recall the PS4 Firmware 4.01 Jailbreak by Chaitin Tech, their ROP Tool and the addition of Kaslr Support last year.

Following his PS4 4.0x WebKit Userland Exploit Documentation, JailbreakMe PS4 3.5x / 3.70 / 4.0x Exploit Ports and continuing research PlayStation 4 developer SpecterDev shared a tweet earlier today echoing Chaitin Tech's PS4 kernel exploit on 4.05 that was disclosed to Sony and patched in 4.06 official Firmware this past November.

The news comes after qwertyoruiopz's PS4 4.50 Kernel R/W Access announcement, PS4 4.5x Pwnage and confirmation of PS4 4.55 Dumped.

While @SpecterDev already stated he can't release it and as a result decided to remove the tweet, at least PS4 Developers who have been collaborating and examining it can rest assured that Chaitin Tech and Sony aren't the only ones privy now... here's to hoping someone else will also run across it and decide to share it with the scene. :angel:

From the PSXHAX Shoutbox for those following:
  • Bultra: https://twitter.com/user/status/867489704295493633
  • Bultra: Specter 4.05 kernel Exploit But not gonna release
  • mcmrc1: https://twitter.com/user/status/867489704295493633
  • B7U3 C50SS: https://twitter.com/user/status/867489704295493633
  • B7U3 C50SS: Specter DEvs
  • B7U3 C50SS: Status..
  • B7U3 C50SS: is gone..
  • SpecterDev: yea B7 I removed my status because I felt it rubbed people the wrong way :p
  • SpecterDev: I didn't want to make a big deal out of it because I can't release it anyway so I decided to delete it :)
  • SpecterDev: 4.05 and below, the one chaitentech disclosed
  • SpecterDev: to Sony that is
  • oneman123: SpecterDev: shae SceEapCore.elf :D
  • SpecterDev: Haven't tried it
Cheers to @B7U3 C50SS, @Bultra, @mcmrc1, @oneman123 and of course @SpecterDev for the heads-up earlier today in the PSXHAX Shoutbox! :beer:
PS4 Jailbreak Exploit by Chaitin Tech Echoes via SpecterDev.jpg

Comments

"Sale" can be transformed into many ways. You can sell "no release" or delayed release.

I think the community is ready to support financially , everyone can give a few dollars.

It gives us hundreds thousand dollars or more. :cool:

Very few contribute, but the first would be, who has knowledge in linux or embedded systems, or who has ever handled renesas kit, send a mp saying when he hopes to win for his work, I assume the expenses, and I will publish little by little everything , Who are encouraged ?.

we can create a blog where periodically here in psxhax and blog to publish the exploits, and focus efforts towards a concrete goal and ask the question of the month that are points in which we encounter critical barriers, And who has an answer then welcome and be given their credits and their respective money so everyone participates and we begin to have a focus of ideas, everyone will wonder what I intend with this? That I win ?.

well as all the things that have been published before gratis, I felt some pity because only a few have access to information, and those few call us beggars !! And THAT THAT CALLS US BEGGARS comes and takes datasheets here and benefits from work that took years, HERE WERE HERE THERE ARE MANY with knowledge and if we all join together we do something together, I do not want to wait every day for someone to do something or Leaked something, I can contribute what I know and others, those who know and so we all get to the point home software or copies whatever it is but no longer rely on these guys who just leave bread crumbs to the wonderland with their Consoles full of games.

I think Sony is paying a lot of money to developers and hackers to delay backups. Already going for 4 years and no solution with this in ps3 sun were 2 years 2 years and a half is something strange

Please let us donate even if it is a dollar to see if it is that the backups has just come out I have my ps4 as many people also without being able to play premieres to not update to be able to pirate until when we are going to wait

You are delusional !!! Pay for backups ?? Donate ?? Collect money ??

You are crazy !! I'll never pay ! And then, Who I should pay ?? An idiot who publishes a ps4 picture with pencil writing :tdown::tdown:

Want to play free ?? This is a guide :

1) BUY an used game (20/30/35 $ or €)
2) ENJOY IT, PLAY IT, COMPLETE IT
3) RESELL It (20/30/35 $ or €)
4) MAYBE, or MAYBE NOT you can "lose" 5$, but It's better than PAY for backups !!!!
5) You have again 20/30/35 $ or €
6) You can buy another (FREE) game
7) Follow this guide from step 1

You are delusional !!! Pay for backups ?? Donate ?? Collect money ??

You are crazy !! I'll never pay ! And then, Who I should pay ?? An idiot who publishes a ps4 picture with pencil writing :tdown::tdown:

Want to play free ?? This is a guide :

1) BUY an used game (20/30/35 $ or €)
2) ENJOY IT, PLAY IT, COMPLETE IT
3) RESELL It (20/30/35 $ or €)
4) MAYBE, or MAYBE NOT you can "lose" 5$, but It's better than PAY for backups !!!!
5) You have again 20/30/35 $ or €
6) You can buy another (FREE) game
7) Follow this guide from step 1

Where are you getting game shops that pay you 5 less than retail, no chance!

Where are you getting game shops that pay you 5 less than retail, no chance!

You don't have to go to a game shop. I don't know in other countries, but in Italy there are some sites of used things, where private people sell, cheaper than game shop.
In the same sites, you can sell in your turn. EASY !!
There are also some group on facebook to buy and sell used games.

obviously you must complete the game and sell it in the shortest possible time, to resell it and don't lose so much money.

Thanks to "this method", with the first 35 € I've completed :
Last of Us, Until Dawn, Uncharted 4, Nathan Drake Collection, Mafia 3, Sniper Elite 4, Resident Evil 7, Battlefield 1 and I'm playing with Horizon zero dawn now that I'll sell again 35 € in the next days.

It's a 100% WORKING !! ;)

I do so too. I never bought a new game, except bundle Mgs V PP. So sony , you never get money from me :D .:bananaman11:

But we can pay for public useful results , It's not big money. We need a trusted person , maybe @PSXHAX ? :bananaman4:

I'm starting to think this site and others that cover the scene are part of the problem, constantly giving these guys attention even though sweet f a is actually happening. Why release anything of actual substance when you get 20 articles and pages of comments of people who are desperate for any sign of progress still giving props?

NOTHING worth while has happened, I feel really sorry for the users who are too scared to update their console just in case, being spoon fed news that makes it seem that maybe just maybe it'll all be worth it.

I don't blame this site for wanting to cash in on some ad revenue, creating articles whenever someone so much as sneezes on their ps4. But now here we are with this "I can't release it" bollocks, like sharing something anonymously isn't a possibility. As long as you're giving them attention that's all they care about, they don't have to do anything worth your time and praise in return.

WTF has this scene has turned into.

We need a trusted person , maybe @PSXHAX ?
I responded to this idea a few months back here: https://www.psxhax.com/threads/idea-for-boosting-the-ps4-scene.1965/#post-20403

I'm starting to think this site and others that cover the scene are part of the problem, constantly giving these guys attention even though sweet f a is actually happening. Why release anything of actual substance when you get 20 articles and pages of comments of people who are desperate for any sign of progress still giving props?

NOTHING worth while has happened, I feel really sorry for the users who are too scared to update their console just in case, being spoon fed news that makes it seem that maybe just maybe it'll all be worth it.

I don't blame this site for wanting to cash in on some ad revenue, creating articles whenever someone so much as sneezes on their ps4. But now here we are with this "I can't release it" bollocks, like sharing something anonymously isn't a possibility. As long as you're giving them attention that's all they care about, they don't have to do anything worth your time and praise in return.

WTF has this scene has turned into.
There is no "cashing in on ad revenue" here, this isn't Wololo with tons of traffic and Amazon affiliate links in every post :p

We have few ads shown only to those not logged in that generate $2-3 a day total thanks to everyone using adblockers, and the costs to run the site (Xenforo annual license renewals, domain renewals, hosting, paid add-ons, etc) cost more than double what the site makes per month so I've been paying the difference out of my own pocket since I started this project.

I also spend over 8 hours a day on average (7 days a week, 365 days a year) helping people on the forums here, posting news, updating file links, answering email, etc so the ~$100 a month that this site generates does nothing but add to the total loss unfortunately.

Why do I do it? Following the PlayStation scene is a hobby for me these days that's cheaper than going out to bars every night, and if traffic picks up once current PS4 OFW's are jailbroken then the site (and my hobby) might end up breaking even paying for itself each month or (*gasp*) making a profit to compensate me for all the countless hours I invest here... that's the HOPE anyway, so far it hasn't happened and we've been here since October of 2015. :(

Where to place blame if developers (Marcan, Qwertyoruiopz, SpecterDev, etc) don't want to share everything they are working on can only be answered by looking in the mirror because it's their time and their work and they owe nobody anything.

As for giving them attention, they've all made significant contributions and progress in the scene so they definitely deserve it... it's the least everyone can do for them that costs nothing just like giving someone a compliment or smile.

The best advice I can offer for those who don't want to follow daily ramblings in the PS4 scene until a new jailbreak / way to run homebrew / backups etc surfaces is to go outside, enjoy the weather and be thankful your life doesn't revolve around sitting in front of a PC posting mundane babysteps that eventually lead to bigger events such as the 1.76 Dlclose jailbreak.

Available RSS and Twitter feeds are also great alternatives to visiting sites for those who feel bothered by 'spoonfed news' that everyone who doesn't do it for themselves is stuck with while waiting on others to do the work for free.

As for me, I'll continue doing what I enjoy... blogging about anything and everything that interests me with my primary focus on PS4, blending mainstream news and scene updates together in the mix as I've been for the last 17 years. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back