Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 News       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date May 17, 2018 at 5:30 AM       31      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last month we saw a PS4 Firmware 5.53-01 Patch Update, and following news of the upcoming PS4 5.05 Jailbreak and Mira PS4 CFW today Sony released yet another mandatory security update in the form of PlayStation 4 System Software / Firmware 5.55. :cautious:

As always DON'T UPDATE if you wish to use PS4 game backups and homebrew apps, and according to their official page PS4 OFW 5.55 only 'improves system performance' yet again. :(

Download: PS4 Firmware 5.55 Update (US) / PS4 Firmware 5.55 Update (EU) / PS4 Firmware 5.55 Update (UK) / PS4 Firmware 5.55 Update (AU/NZ) / PS4 Firmware 5.55 Update (JP)

PlayStation 4 system software update - About PlayStation 4 system software version 5.55

Main features in version 5.55 update

• This system software update improves system performance.
Here are some guides for those new on How to Block PS4 Firmware Updates, How to Delete Downloaded PS4 Update PUPs that haven't been installed yet, How to Update to a Specific PS4 Firmware and also some PS4 HEN Update Blocker Payloads.

PS4 save editor published today the latest system software "5.55" confirms that the Save editor works correctly. In the future, please confirm the news screen of the Save editor and the notice of this account when I update it.
Code:
r96810/release_branches/release_05.550 May 10 2018 11:36:21

Spoiler

Cheers to @Barquillo on the PSXHAX Forums for passing along the news this morning! :beer:
PS4 System Software  Firmware 5.55 Released, Don't Update!.jpg

Comments

Does any think that sometimes these updates really do improve the quality of system performance. The PS4 does haves bugs and glitches that need to be fixed that causes problems for people. I used to get "Error in system software" and all it would do is freeze my game show me the error then continue working normally. After a few updates it stopped

Could be. GTA mod for 5.05 was released now this update. Maybe they seen something and fixed it.

Or maybe a mole let sony know of something.

About not updating... Lol. I pay for PS Plus. I also play games that REQUIRE online such as GT Sport. Even if not that all downloaded games require online eventually for license verification check and then suspend and lock. So you're stuck.

I just gotta wait til PS5. Better hardware anyway and get 2. :) Makes me kind mad tho with how updating is FORCED. Just looking at the PS4... it tries updating automatically.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back