Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not long ago we shared a Playable Teaser PS4 Model Data & Textures Extraction Guide, and recently MrAdults unveiled some Final Fantasy XV (FFXV) character object models decrypted and extracted by DickWhitehouse of RichWhitehouse.com with the textures attached. :-D

Download: noesisv4234.zip (13.61 MB)

According to the Noesis ReadMe file, as pointed out by chrrox, to quote: "Noesis converts and previews many data formats. You can get an idea of which ones by looking at the file type mask droplist on the face of the application."

Version 4.2 - 4.234:
  • 4.234 - Added FF15 import support. Big thanks to flatz, chrrox, and Angela for their parts in making this happen.
Based on the Noesis ReadMe file it appears these are from PlayStation 4 rather than XBox One, but as NeonZed points out to quote:

"This game is only on Xbox One and PS4 and it's not publicly decrypted that's why it's hard to extract from the game. Their poses and expressions changes with bones rigged on them."

Whether these are indeed from the PS4 or XBone it's definitely cool stuff, and cheers to both harryoke and HydrogenNGU on Twitter for the heads-up! :beer: :beer:

ff15_01.jpg ff15_02.jpg

Final Fantasy XV (FFXV) Character Object Models Decrypted & Extracted.jpg

Comments

Good but too bad theres no point. Theres no tutorial on how to mine the disk or how to extract the models in any way. I contacted rich and typically, he didn't reply or rather ignored me. He's ignoring everybody concerning this. So i guess we're stuck having to wait for crud-enix to release it to the PC.
Goddammit to add insult to injury i know how to mine the disk myself but lack the funds to actually obtain the tools i need.

Ps4 = Nope
USB = Yeah
Final Fantasy XV = Sorry outta luck

There is literally a tutorial i found that walks you through how to actually dump the disk. Now i'm depressed.

Is there a way to dump the disc AND decrypt it files? It's pointless if the files are not decrypted. If so, I definitely want to try the extraction method.

Based on what one of the Devs replied with in a similar thread, it sounds like a 1.76 PS4 would be needed to quote:

"You can unpack but you can't go within the pkg as there is no keys I'm afraid for ps4 , only ps3 pkg we can pack and repack... that's it until someone releases the decrypt and encrypt ps4 pkg keys its useless...

only way is to get a 1.76 ps4 install the pkg and extract the content from there :p"

Unless there is a way to downgrade, I don't see that happening for me. Is it possible to find an already decrypted FFXV game dump anywhere? Or maybe someone to contact that might know?

I've only seen a limited number of decrypted game dumps in the PS4 scene thus far, those with the required hardware are doing their own using THIS guide.

You could try to contact someone such as notzecoxao or ZiL0G80 on Twitter privately, however, most developers express an anti-backups stance and may not be willing to help out unless it's a project that interests them personally... good luck! :)

Thank you for your replies. Is there anyway decrypt and extraction method available on ps4 with up to date firmware to your knowledge? I don't want to buy another ps4 just to extract games, lol.

That's the million dollar question, the closest we've seen is developer Mathieulh advising sceners to "buy a ps4 pro while it's still on firmware 3.70 and don't update it" and Wololo suggesting qwertyoruiopz may release a kernel exploit "if/when he finds a second user/kernel exploit combination" so right now it's a waiting game and anyone's guess.

While I'd love to see something get released allowing end-users over 1.76 OFW to jailbreak their PS4's I'm not holding my breath on it happening soon... it still wouldn't surprise me if someone tries making a Re-DRM PS4 dongle before a free and open source solution becomes available if history repeats itself. :frown:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back