Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Jailbreaking       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Jan 3, 2018 at 12:38 AM       95      
Status
Not open for further replies.
We've covered the PS4 Full Debug Settings 4.05 Payload release, and today Tralala LS from French scene site Logic-Sunrise.com shared a video demo of Trypeur installing The Last of Us Remastered 1.06 PKG game update (see the PlayStation 4 Package (PKG) Finder and PS4 Package (PKG) Database for more) via Debug Menu on an Exploited PS4 4.05 console using Trypeur.96.lt. :)

This comes following how to Install PS4 PKG Files Using a Function vs Debug Settings and PlayStation 4 developer @flatz's demo of Custom Repacked PKG's, as the PS4 4.05 scene awaits Flat_z's Upcoming Release in hopes it will aid developers in porting code for running PS4 4.05 Game Dumps on jailbroken consoles.

To quote from their blog, roughly translated: "It is very hot right now on the PS4 scene with the famous kernel flaws of SpecterDev and all the payloads 4.05 that fall from the sky and the ability to boot linux. Debug menu now available simply with a payload, we see all the colors.

I recently noticed that it was possible to install game UPDATES with the PKG's installation menu on a previously installed game via a disc.

Be careful not to install an update requesting a firmware higher than 4.05, otherwise your game will start and you must erase your entire game to remove the update."
Update Game PS4 4.05 by Trypeur
How to Install Older PS4 Game Updates on Any PS4 7.02/7.50
Cheers go out to @bombob for sharing the video demo in the PSXHAX Shoutbox tonight! :beer:
Installing PS4 Game Updates on 4.05 via Debug Menu Demo by Trypeur.jpg

Comments

@PSXHAX he means clicking on Reply is not quoting the message. It used to work before but not anymore. I'm having to + Quote the message and then click on Insert Quotes to successfully quote a message.

Yes, we are no longer able to use Reply as quote with the high loads as it requires more backend data queries so discouraged.

We also strip most quotes because IDIOTS quote the post right above them, and it takes up database space for NO reason... and we're getting low on that too, so yeah... get used to using the more modern @ 'mention' tags instead.

@destiNATION1337
Man i am not a geek for ps4, i was having The last of us game disc and it was not loading up after "The hospital" mission, it was stuck from that portion. So needed it to be updated but as i was on PS4 pro 3.70 thats why never ever logged in to psn due to lower system firmware.

yesterday i tried to update my game using pkg from extreme-modding.de/PS4/database/games.html
Patch 1.06 : http://gs2.ww.prod.dl.playstation.net/gs2/ppkgo/prod/CUSA00552_00/14/f_1d93ef514f83956bdda664b7ed6099ad86fbadb5dd266a521376b12bfba31ea7/f/UP9000-CUSA00552_00-THELASTOFUS00000-A0106-V0100.pkg

I installed this pkg and game version is updated to 1.06 also i was able to pass the loading screen glitch that was not allowing me to move forward.

I am not sure if game version was 1.06 prior to my update or not, but the thing is my glitch has been overwritten by updated file, so i am sure it worked for me. let me know what is your thought?

I have tested many patches. Patches that got one part can be installed and works.

That is the case in TLOU. But every patches that are bigger cant be installed.

@PSXHAX good to know. I will minimize quoting then. I used to quote because some users wouldn't receive notifications unless quoted on other forums, but yeah mentioning them should serve the same purpose.

@Nirav Patel it might be because you have the original disk game that updates are working for you.

@Horst von Braak interesting, I had tested the Project CARS update which is 2 parts, I merged it with PKG Merge and installed it, it went through the installation as if it's installing but in the end I got an error and game version stayed the same. I wonder if PKG Merge is not merging the parts properly.

I will test again tonight with an update that is 1 part only.

@destiNATION1337
In that case may be its using the updated files but just not able to show newer version, because if process has been done without error. its been installed successfully, you can check if anything got changed inside game like packs added, map unlock or weapon added etc.

If i knew that the update would change sth recognizable I would test it. I will have look.

But I think games like FFXV have more obvious changes in updates, so maybe I will try it on that game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back